Assalam alaikum all
My Alto VXR is behaving quite weird. When I start running, it runs fine up to some irregular distance (it may run fine up to 20 km and start heating or up to 100 km and start heating) during which temperature gauge remains in middle position. Then the gauge starts climbing above mid position and comes back again to the mid point. Then after some more drive it starts climbing and comes back again. The point which its returns from to come back to mid is irregular. Sometimes it comes back from just above mid and sometimes from near the upper limit mark of normal drive temperature. Sometimes does not come back and continues climbing and starts throwing water out of overflow tank. The water quantity in radiator is not reduced unless thrown out of overflow tank.
I went to some mechanics and got following things checked.
- Radiator Got it cleaned from a radiator workshop. The guy told me that radiator was not that much chocked and warned me the problem may still be unresolved.
- Radiator Cap Replaced with a genuine one from Suzuki dealer.
- Thermostat Valve Has been uninstalled even before i owned this car
- Leakage Did not perform a pressure check because leakage is out of question as water content does not reduce.
- Radiator Fan Works absolutely fine. Checked with a direct fan mode too.
Now the only thing that comes to my mind is head gasket (and in the mechanics' mind too). BUTTTT if it is gasket problem then the problem should be persistent and not irregular. If temperature goes up then it should not come down. When the radiator pipe becomes hard after heated up then it should not become soft when temperature comes down back. And when i start the car with radiator cap unplugged, the water is not thrown out (a symptom of blown head gasket or deformed head) and it just circulates smoothly.
So I am quite confused whether i should go for a head repair work or not. What are your suggestions?
Can it be a water body problem?
or should i go for a head repair/gasket replacement?
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad