Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New Alto VXR Running

Dears,

I will get my new Alto VXR inshallah this week. Please tell me about the running of this car. i mean what should be the top speed for what time. I heard that don't go more than 80kph for 1000 Kilometres, Is this correct..... Please guide me.?
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    @xulfiqar
    well i am not very expert in cars but what i heard from my elders and mechanical engineers of my factory where i am working, while driving in hot summer season oil viscosity become thin which causes more friction in
    engine which may harm specialy new engine which is not in proper flow yet. so running in winter season consider to be good for long life of new engine until it comes in its normal flow.
    It seems that the engineers your factory has should not be allowed near any sort of car/truck/engine etc. Oil is more than just viscosity, I wonder what they would say if they saw 0W30 full synthetic oil.

All production manufactured engines have tolerances to run both in cold and hot climates and have a thermostat based cooling system to ensure proper temperature no matter what the outside climate is. The lower viscosity oils are chosen to help cold start conditions so the oil actually flows to the oil pump and beyond when the engine is cranked and is idling fast on cold, once the engine and oil are hot it will act like the higher viscosity number that is mentioned, unless you used monograde oil.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think for proper brake in you should drive your car normally, i saw somewhere on a website that proper braking in requires the engine parts to run in pressure condition, and they were recommending some hard running as well for the proper compression/pressure to build up in cylinders to help broken in the rings to the inner walls of cylinders, while some other websites were not recommending very hard running, some were telling that engine or pre-broken in at factory so no need drive it slowly.

Sir xulfiqar is requested to explain the rings, pressure, cylinder walls phenomena for help.
    현대 애인

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Horse_rider View Post
    i think for proper brake in you should drive your car normally, i saw somewhere on a website that proper braking in requires the engine parts to run in pressure condition, and they were recommending some hard running as well for the proper compression/pressure to build up in cylinders to help broken in the rings to the inner walls of cylinders, while some other websites were not recommending very hard running, some were telling that engine or pre-broken in at factory so no need drive it slowly.

Sir xulfiqar is requested to explain the rings, pressure, cylinder walls phenomena for help.
    full throttle bursts are very favorable for engine break in - it ensures the rings load up and seat in the cylinders for max compression - you should also let the engine decelerate itself this causes the same phenomenon and greatly helps. If you baby your engine then you would have glazed cylinders and rings with low compression.

Ive written down the break in procedure many times on PW, its tiring now, and for sure I know 100% that no-one will follow it, as most people are stuck in 1925 in terms of understanding automobiles.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Our Issue is what our jaahil road side mechanic say we will ensure we do it and let our other educated class do it as well.

Few Example.

Oil sari zindagi aik he use karna hai change mut karna warna engine gaya lol.

New Engine hai ziada ragar hoti hai aram sey chalana 1000KM.

Fan direct kardo yeh Pakistan hai idher auto fan ke zarorat nahi hai yeh bahir ka mulko ka leya hai.

Thermostat nikal do bhai itna pressure hai pipes main phut jainga :p

10-40w Oil yeh patla oil hai (Ustaad jee checking by rubbing between his fingers) Mota oil dala karo.

After spending 25k on engine rebuilt still reducing oil, Sir 2 ya 3 oil change ka baad theekh hojaiga. Machine hai es ka kia patah lagta hai. Ab thora bahot tu karey ga new engine thora na hai :p.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    It seems that the engineers your factory has should not be allowed near any sort of car/truck/engine etc. Oil is more than just viscosity, I wonder what they would say if they saw 0W30 full synthetic oil.

All production manufactured engines have tolerances to run both in cold and hot climates and have a thermostat based cooling system to ensure proper temperature no matter what the outside climate is. The lower viscosity oils are chosen to help cold start conditions so the oil actually flows to the oil pump and beyond when the engine is cranked and is idling fast on cold, once the engine and oil are hot it will act like the higher viscosity number that is mentioned, unless you used monograde oil.
    xulfiqar bahi
    pls dont mind , i already mentioned i am not expert, i just shared my knowledge, anyway your explanation is worthy and helpful here for many pw members which are not expert like me.

pls also put some light on suitable engine oil for poster new alto.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

* Controversial material *

Break in

Sir Xulfiqar is welcome to point out any mistake i made in explaining the process.

Time window for this method is very small i.e first 50 km on the ODO. After that its no use.

Warm up the engine properly.

Your objective is to load up the engine and push the rings to seat themselves against the cylinder.

Car standing with full throttle burst will not load up the engine, you have to drive in specific manner to do that.

After test run of 5 to 10 minutes at variable speed and gears check for coolant temp, brakes and engine oil level or any leaks in the system.

then do this on a clear traffic free road so no body gets hurt.

1. 1st gear : start to march normally , no need for clutch and tyre burn outs. Gentle shift to 2nd gear.

2. 2nd gear : push the pedal down for 3 to 5 seconds and then take your foot off quickly to decelerate. repeat cycle 3 times. shift gently to next gear ( no jerks in shifting and no hard braking)

Note: sudden deceleration will also help clear the combustion chamber.

3. 3rd gear : push the pedal down hard for 5 to 7 seconds and take the foot of the gas quickly to decelerate repeat cycle 5 times. shift gently to 4th.

4. 4th gear : push the pedal down hard for 10 seconds and take the foot of the gas quickly to decelerate repeat this 5 times.

5. Come home , park the car. Drain the oil.

6. Put some synthetic engine oil and oem oil filter in it.

You are done.

Note:

This not a text book method so you can find difference in terms of cycles and duration.

One thing is for sure that I have tried this on my brothers cultus after engine overhaul and in result his cultus is fast, gives good mileage, engine oil remains clean after 5K kms and engine is smooth as butter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfiqar bahi
    pls dont mind , i already mentioned i am not expert, i just shared my knowledge, anyway your explanation is worthy and helpful here for many pw members which are not expert like me.

pls also put some light on suitable engine oil for poster new alto.
    PS Company recommends Zic A 10W-40 API-SN (Semi synthetic)

You can use Zic 0W-30 API-SN (Fully Synthetic) in winters also.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shell Helix HX 5

The best so far in 35000 KM run of a Suzuki Bolan A/C & CNG ( gari sarkari hai ) maintenance apni apni !

engine is silent like wah wah other colleagues ki bolan engine ki awaz sai 25% silent hai they use sarkari & iranian oil which sometimes i think is recycled diesel engine oil with some detergent as it makes good foam even when new

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

method from 1925

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post

Break in

Sir Xulfiqar is welcome to point out any mistake i made in explaining the process.

Time window for this method is very small i.e first 50 km on the ODO. After that its no use.

Your objective is to load up the engine and push the rings to seat themselves against the cylinder.

Car standing with full throttle burst will not load up the engine, you have to drive in specific manner to do that.

After test run of 5 to 10 minutes at variable speed and gears check for coolant temp, brakes and engine oil level or any leaks in the system.

1. 1st gear : start to march normally , no need for clutch and tyre burn outs. Gentle shift to 2nd gear.

2. 2nd gear : push the pedal down for 3 to 5 seconds and then take your foot off quickly to decelerate. repeat cycle 3 times. shift gently to next gear ( no jerks in shifting and no hard braking)

3. 3rd gear : push the pedal down hard for 5 to 7 seconds and take the foot of the gas quickly to decelerate repeat cycle 5 times. shift gently to 4th.

4. 4th gear : push the pedal down hard for 10 seconds and take the foot of the gas quickly to decelerate repeat this 5 times.

You are done.

Note:

This not a text book method so you can find difference in terms of cycles and duration.

One thing is for sure that I have tried this on my brothers cultus after engine overhaul and in result his cultus is fast, gives good mileage, engine oil remains clean after 5K kms and engine is smooth as butter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PS Company recommends Zic A 10W-40 API-SN (Semi synthetic)

You can use Zic 0W-30 API-SN (Fully Synthetic) in winters also.
    whats differnce between zic a and zic a+ ?
    for brand new car dont you recommed zic a+

12. 18-11-2011, 04:18 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    to advertise on pakwheels please contact the site admin

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought new alto nd it has horrible petrol avg, 2500 rs ptrol is over in 200 km approx :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is this your 1st car ??
    - drive as you like, as you please - just be careful about

temperature, tyre pressure and engine oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Break in

You are done.

Note:

100% correct - BUT there is a catch if the engine was rebuilt in Pakistan, our mechanics and lathe operators dont follow book guidelines but follow what their ustaads taught them while they were repairing water suction pumps and little generator engines.

If the engine starts and idles correctly at correct temperature and shuts down without dieseling then take it for a ride - and do the above mentioned, it will ensure that everything settles down nicely for a very long journey. Make sure that no settings have been altered, like ignition timing, fuelling, tappets etc. All should be factory spec.

If the piston/bore clearance is tight and the rings are not correctly gapped and aligned, The engine will tend to sieze. There is no amount of running or breaking in that will cure it, the lower end needs to be rebuilt again. If the book was followed correctly with correct measuring tools and not just a set of feeler gauges - and then the engine run in correctly the difference between a cobbled engine and a built engine shows itself.

the best examples are overhauled daihatsu CB70 engines, 99% of lower end rebuilds ended up in pistons siezed to the cylinder because the lathe guy thought that the pistons were too loose. Sleeving the bore tight. RESULT - one boost session and the pistons lock to the cylinders. Then the reason given was - factory fault hai. (IMO khopri ke andar ki factory ka fault hai). The most agonizing bit was that they never needed a rebuild - the fault was always a leaky turbo or bad valve seals as the PCV breather oneway checkvalve blocked up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    is this your 1st car ??
    - drive as you like, as you please - just be careful about

temperature, tyre pressure and engine oil.
    Yes this is my first new car, actually second car. First i drive old car ( 1 Year).
    I drive this new car 240 Kilometres in Petrol on top speed not more than 80. and on friday Inshallah I will go for long drive(600 Kilometres).

Now guide me about fuel, Can i drive it on CNG or up to 1000 Kilometers on Petrol? and what should be the top speed before 1000 Kilometers.

Brand new car is my first experience What should be the expert advise.

Best Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by funtonight View Post
    i bought new alto nd it has horrible petrol avg, 2500 rs ptrol is over in 200 km approx :/
    Yes it has like this average. but economical on CNG. Are you using CNG? or will drive 1000 Kilometres in Petrol? and what is your top speed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by funtonight View Post
    its true alto having very bad avg on petrol however on cng its good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar
    for brand new car dont you recommed zic a+ ?<!-- / message -->

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Havolene is good for Alto VXR

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zic A+ is fully synthetic with SAE 5W-20 .

The issue is understanding the SAE 5W-20, what does this mean

SAE defines standard for motor oil viscosity grade

Viscosity of oil is its ability to flow at a specific temperature. The higher the viscosity longer it will take it to flow at a certain temperature simply saying it is thicker or heavier. Lower viscosity oil will flow quicker at specific temperature simply thinner or lighter.

5W-20 means that it has multigrade viscosity within a specific temperature range. Simply saying it has characteristic of more than one oil.

W means winter or cold i.e 0 F (-18c)

5W means it will give optimum protection in cold starting and cold running even at sub zero climate as it will circulate through the engine quicker.

20 defines the oil dynamic viscosity at high sheer rate (150C). 20 being very low will not provides optimum protection against engine wear at 40+ C weather and stop and go city traffic. It may give fuel economy (2% max) but may also cause oil pressure drops at higher rpms causing metal to metal contact ( 30% reduction in engines service life ) which I am sure you dont want.

ZIC OW-30 (Fully synthetic)API-SN in winter (DEC - FEB)
    ZIC 10W-40 (Semi Synthetic) API-SN in Spring, Summer & Autumn (MARCH - NOVEMBER)

valid for new PS Alto running in Punjab and sindh.

As you have asked Xulfiqar (and he is more than welcome to correct me) so you can wait for his reply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zic A+ is fully synthetic with SAE 5W-20 .

The issue is understanding the SAE 5W-20, what does this mean

SAE defines standard for motor oil viscosity grade

Viscosity of oil is its ability to flow at a specific temperature. The higher the viscosity longer it will take it to flow at a certain temperature simply saying it is thicker or heavier. Lower viscosity oil will flow quicker at specific temperature simply thinner or lighter.

5W-20 means that it has multigrade viscosity within a specific temperature range. Simply saying it has characteristic of more than one oil.

W means winter or cold i.e 0 F (-18c)

5W means it will give optimum protection in cold starting and cold running even at sub zero climate as it will circulate through the engine quicker.

20 defines the oil dynamic viscosity at high sheer rate (150C). 20 being very low will not provides optimum protection against engine wear at 40+ C weather and stop and go city traffic. It may give fuel economy (2% max) but may also cause oil pressure drops at higher rpms causing metal to metal contact ( 30% reduction in engines service life ) which I am sure you dont want.

ZIC OW-30 (Fully synthetic)API-SN in winter (DEC - FEB)
    ZIC 10W-40 (Semi Synthetic) API-SN in Spring, Summer & Autumn (MARCH - NOVEMBER)

valid for new PS Alto running in Punjab and sindh.

As you have asked Xulfiqar (and he is more than welcome to correct me) so you can wait for his reply.
    dear bro
    many tks for such clarification much clear now, just one concern i heard once u use fully synthatic oil than cant switch back to minral oil or semi synthatic oil.
    pls advise this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List