Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Weak Alto 2006 Engine

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile Weak Alto 2006 Engine

    Assalam ALykum
    I have a problem with my car Alto 2006
    the engine is weak so it blows and eats up the engine oil\
    can u recommend wat should i go for
    a, overhauling the engine... how much it cost?
    b. going for used engine ...how much it cost?
    c. or anything u suggest or solution any engine oil which can help?

    Regards,
    Imran


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    don not go for option 'b'
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    stp oil if engine isnt in too bad shape, but you shud opt for a compression test first, your car is not so old and unless it overheated the rings would not go bad, high chance that it is something else. what is the mileage?
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    stp oil if engine isnt in too bad shape, but you shud opt for a compression test first, your car is not so old and unless it overheated the rings would not go bad, high chance that it is something else. what is the mileage?

    20 KM per day

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    don not go for option 'b'
    why not option b kuch diea tou day do bhai meray tou galay may agaye hai car logo nay ina dara dya hai k yea masla ho jaye ga woh masla ho jaye ga

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    stp oil if engine isnt in too bad shape, but you shud opt for a compression test first, your car is not so old and unless it overheated the rings would not go bad, high chance that it is something else. what is the mileage?

    Compression test kya hota hai ? is any one can do ?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immukhan View Post
    why not option b kuch diea tou day do bhai meray tou galay may agaye hai car logo nay ina dara dya hai k yea masla ho jaye ga woh masla ho jaye ga
    Car ki resale boht affect ho gi.. koi le ga hi nhii ager engine change krwa lia to
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    how did you check the blowby?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    how did you check the blowby?
    what blowby?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    Car ki resale boht affect ho gi.. koi le ga hi nhii ager engine change krwa lia to
    acha car ka engine estimate ktinay may tayyar hota hai ?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    you said that in your original post - the engine blows and burns oil, hence it has blowby
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadGhumman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immukhan View Post
    acha car ka engine estimate ktinay may tayyar hota hai ?
    Between 30-40K, but you should follow Xulfiqar bhai's advice from here on. He is a million times expert than me
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    agoodfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,551
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immukhan View Post
    Assalam ALykum
    I have a problem with my car Alto 2006
    the engine is weak so it blows and eats up the engine oil\
    can u recommend wat should i go for
    a, overhauling the engine... how much it cost?
    b. going for used engine ...how much it cost?
    c. or anything u suggest or solution any engine oil which can help?

    Regards,
    Imran
    you batter overhaul the engine with taiwan piston , chinese piston comes with a name "Righway", first search taiwan piston (i forget there name) and if you dont found taiwan then go for chinese , but dont go for a local made piston name "strong" and if you can afford then go for a japanese piston name "ART" , i suggest you go for a taiwan piston

    use NPR japan rings , never compromise on rings , engine comes with "TP" rings from factory , but i suggest you go for NPG rings , they are far batter then "TP"

    use supreme valve (local made) they are good , but dont change the valve seals and valve guides,


    if your engine is noisy , if it has a loud sound on high RPM then you must change the crank shaft bearing , and also head came shaft bearings , use chinese crank shaft bearings and thrust bearings , i dont know alto comes with connecting rod bush or comes with presses piston ring , if it comes with rod bush then change them also , head cam shaft does not comese with portable bearings , you need to take it to the machine shop and he will guide you ho to make bush for it ,

    if your engine mixes water with oil or vice versa then you must reface the head as well , but if wont then dont do it , i know machine shops will force you to do it , but i suggest dont do it uncessarly

    also change the oil pump assambly , dont change the complete pump , just change its inner gears ,

    use original gas kit and local made jan kit , and also use original engine seals , use original valve seals , corteco or NOK are original brands in seals , dont compromise on valve seals ,

    change timing belt if necessary ,

    check for water pump , if found sone sign of leaks then change it with GMB water pump

    i gave you these suggestion as per my experence , i personally rebuilt my car cultus engine in under 10000 RS , i go to mechanic and he says it will cost more than 35000 ,

    dont change the engine with kabli , its a kind of gamble , which rarelly pay back , and i know pathans , they repair the engine and sale them saying its in out class condition , but if you still want to replace then go to "mithu khan kaa ahata" in sadar rwp to buy a new one , but i wont recomend that

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...erhaul-rebuild
    check my form , i am also rebuilding my cultus

    thanks

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Horse_rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,364
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    and i know pathans , they repair the engine and sale them saying its in out class condition
    I know so many non-Pathans who are doing the same because they are also living here in Pakistan so bro don't blame anyone, almost all dealers are doing the same with customers regardless of their language and location only few are better than others, it is very difficult to find the honest person these days.
    현대 애인

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    atherrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    24
    Posts
    446
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Use a thick engine oil
    Religion and Science are not at odds, Science is just too young to understand.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shqamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,715
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atherrr View Post
    Use a thick engine oil
    name the brand and viscosity of the thick engine oil ?
    Crackwheels.com

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    you batter overhaul the engine with taiwan piston , chinese piston comes with a name "Righway", first search taiwan piston (i forget there name) and if you dont found taiwan then go for chinese , but dont go for a local made piston name "strong" and if you can afford then go for a japanese piston name "ART" , i suggest you go for a taiwan piston

    use NPR japan rings , never compromise on rings , engine comes with "TP" rings from factory , but i suggest you go for NPG rings , they are far batter then "TP"

    use supreme valve (local made) they are good , but dont change the valve seals and valve guides,


    if your engine is noisy , if it has a loud sound on high RPM then you must change the crank shaft bearing , and also head came shaft bearings , use chinese crank shaft bearings and thrust bearings , i dont know alto comes with connecting rod bush or comes with presses piston ring , if it comes with rod bush then change them also , head cam shaft does not comese with portable bearings , you need to take it to the machine shop and he will guide you ho to make bush for it ,

    if your engine mixes water with oil or vice versa then you must reface the head as well , but if wont then dont do it , i know machine shops will force you to do it , but i suggest dont do it uncessarly

    also change the oil pump assambly , dont change the complete pump , just change its inner gears ,

    use original gas kit and local made jan kit , and also use original engine seals , use original valve seals , corteco or NOK are original brands in seals , dont compromise on valve seals ,

    change timing belt if necessary ,

    check for water pump , if found sone sign of leaks then change it with GMB water pump

    i gave you these suggestion as per my experence , i personally rebuilt my car cultus engine in under 10000 RS , i go to mechanic and he says it will cost more than 35000 ,

    dont change the engine with kabli , its a kind of gamble , which rarelly pay back , and i know pathans , they repair the engine and sale them saying its in out class condition , but if you still want to replace then go to "mithu khan kaa ahata" in sadar rwp to buy a new one , but i wont recomend that

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...erhaul-rebuild
    check my form , i am also rebuilding my cultus

    thanks
    very good guidance but you mention to renew timing belt and water pump if necessary - I beleive that if they are old, renew them anyway - its a pain to do when the engine is in the car.

    Clean the hell out of the engine from everywhere, take it to someone who has a monster power pressure washer and clean out all oil galleries, also derust the cooling galleries completely (requires acidic solution and metallic brushes for it, rinse with alkaline soda solution then spray with WD40 immediately.) Also check the coolant pipes that are outside of the engine, if they are corroded - renew them now. use proper branded sealants for your engine (do not think that RTV is your answer to everything)

    for headfacing, you can get a piece of glass and a water spray bottle and check if its staight, It usually would be. It also is good practice hence I always follow it to use some tap sets to clean out the threads in bolt holes, it ensures your bolts are tightening to proper torque on clean threads, (a bottle of singer machine oil to lube the threads slightly also helps)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    immukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you said that in your original post - the engine blows and burns oil, hence it has blowby
    i ahve no idea wording used blowby for this thnx
    woh mujhay aisay pata chala k when i try change car oil just .5 litre oil nikla halan k 3 litre tou htoa hai gaya kaha oil chnager said car is eating up oil so thats why i m so nconfused after that what gonna happen to enginer

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    engine blow is excess blowby gases that escape from the combustion chamber, I doubt your engine will have it at such a young age, most probably your valve seals are done or if you have overheated the engine - you might have cooked the piston rings (specially the oil scraper rings)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •