Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1456
Like Tree973Likes

Thread: Suzuki internal news regarding Wagon-R and Alto

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohtashimiqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,834
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki internal news regarding Wagon-R and Alto

    From relevent internal " sources " in Pak suzuki .

    i have just been informed that pak-suzuki has successfully imported around 100 prototype WAGON-R 's for display purposes.

    they plan to assemble WAGON-R ( 4th gen ) , and launch it here in Pakistan .

    now ,

    the problem they are facing is that they want to fit ALTO engine in it , and then sell it ...

    but JAPAN has obsoleted that engine , and is unwilling to supply them the engine they want .
    so all their eyes are set on some " trade venture" that is expected to take place shortly between INDIA , and PAKISTAN .
    which will allow them to purchase the engines from MARUTI INDIA.

    it is likely that , either 4th gen WAGON-R would be launched , or the ALTO would be continued.

    final decision has not been taken yet .
    men who reject to be ruled by the law of God , are ruled by the law of tyrants .

  2. #81
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Latest update:
    Pak Suzuki is launching KEI
    Suzuki internal news regarding WagonR and Alto -1086268
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  3. #82
    PakWheeler Follow
    SalmanHanif1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    28
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Latest update:
    Pak Suzuki is launching KEI
    Suzuki internal news regarding WagonR and Alto -1086268
    what is the source?

  4. #83
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohtashimiqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,834
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i think that must be what capsat has been speaking about. ( if i am correct )
    men who reject to be ruled by the law of God , are ruled by the law of tyrants .

  5. #84
    PakWheeler Follow
    2126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    292
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    may be let see if its true
    -

  6. #85
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohtashimiqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,834
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok I saw a blog on the home page of PW today that they might continue the Alto , as trade venture of india is finalising ...

    Alto is coming for sure so far it seems ,

    Now the other car is a wagon-R or kei , or any other ,
    That stays a suspence for now ...

    Things would get much clear onec they get the supply of the engines they are in love with ,
    As apparently ,
    Whatever new thing they would launch ..

    It would have the same lame old alto engine.
    men who reject to be ruled by the law of God , are ruled by the law of tyrants .

  7. #86
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    digitalmohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,350
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why dont they put cultus engine in alto and continue selling it????????????
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

  8. #87
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarspk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohtashimiqbal View Post
    Ok I saw a blog on the home page of PW today that they might continue the Alto , as trade venture of india is finalising ...

    Alto is coming for sure so far it seems ,

    Now the other car is a wagon-R or kei , or any other ,
    That stays a suspence for now ...

    Things would get much clear onec they get the supply of the engines they are in love with ,
    As apparently ,
    Whatever new thing they would launch ..

    It would have the same lame old alto engine.
    Why it will have the same alto engine as the alto was primarily discontinue due to the reason that japan has discontinued that engine so how they are able to fit the same engine in the new car?

  9. #88
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohtashimiqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,834
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarspk View Post
    Why it will have the same alto engine as the alto was primarily discontinue due to the reason that japan has discontinued that engine so how they are able to fit the same engine in the new car?

    because India will provide them them the engine they want .
    men who reject to be ruled by the law of God , are ruled by the law of tyrants .

  10. #89
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarspk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohtashimiqbal View Post
    because India will provide them them the engine they want .
    But trade with india is not finalized so how come they source the engine from india??

    furthermore, the indian alto is powered by K10B engine not the potohar one so i highly doubt the engine will be coming any time soon.

  11. #90
    PakWheeler Follow
    mAYH3M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    others
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarspk View Post
    But trade with india is not finalized so how come they source the engine from india??

    furthermore, the indian alto is powered by K10B engine not the potohar one so i highly doubt the engine will be coming any time soon.
    Alto 800 uses a F8D engine and it can be swapped for a F10D as F10D is a F8D with 4 cylinders.So maybe the reverse can also be done.
    Location :India

  12. #91
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanfarooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Why doesnt paksuzuki re-launches khyber in place of alto, it's 1000 cc + already designed efi head for it and it'll be more powerful(seriously guys a well tuned and breathing khyber can do 200kph without moding), new one in 2013 will be in same 7 lac range, provide a better driving experience than alto, suzuki should actually do that seriously

    with interior redesigned (steering wheel should be at a distance from driver, in older design getting in and out demands a removable steering like those present in F1 cars, seriously you can touch seat while still touching the wheel with one hand only.) and mod looking dash with rotating knobs for climate controls, rev meter, convential headlight and wiper controls (older ones are they can house a speedo like a camaro in em). maybe a center console, rear indepent suspension, crystal lights with turn signals in em and space for foglights in colored sporty bumpers.

    if a khyber like that is launched, it may beat cultus in sales and maybe suzuki will have to stop producing em.

  13. #92
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    epigenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmanfarooq2 View Post
    Why doesnt paksuzuki re-launches khyber in place of alto, it's 1000 cc + already designed efi head for it and it'll be more powerful(seriously guys a well tuned and breathing khyber can do 200kph without moding), new one in 2013 will be in same 7 lac range, provide a better driving experience than alto, suzuki should actually do that seriously

    with interior redesigned (steering wheel should be at a distance from driver, in older design getting in and out demands a removable steering like those present in F1 cars, seriously you can touch seat while still touching the wheel with one hand only.) and mod looking dash with rotating knobs for climate controls, rev meter, convential headlight and wiper controls (older ones are they can house a speedo like a camaro in em). maybe a center console, rear indepent suspension, crystal lights with turn signals in em and space for foglights in colored sporty bumpers.

    if a khyber like that is launched, it may beat cultus in sales and maybe suzuki will have to stop producing em.
    what has been read cannot be unread

  14. #93
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarspk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mAYH3M View Post
    Alto 800 uses a F8D engine and it can be swapped for a F10D as F10D is a F8D with 4 cylinders.So maybe the reverse can also be done.
    P.S. will not launch this engine in Alto because the engine is of 1061 which will bring it in 1300 cc vehicle category.

    The only viable solution will be a K10B engine.

  15. #94
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    schehxad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Muzaffarabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Any internal news update?
    SCHEHXAD

  16. #95
    PakWheeler Follow
    2126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    292
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What happen to those 100 units of imported Wagon R??????????? Any internal news as DEC is going to end
    -

  17. #96
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohtashimiqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,834
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @2126

    until the trade venture is finalized , NO final decision can be taken .
    onec the decision would be taken then u will see the real picture.

    if the plan to assemble it here and launch it , those 100 units would be displayed .
    if they do not plan to assemble it here , then they would sell them off as imported units.

    right now all i have come to know is , that its a K series engine they would be getting IF the trade venture finalizes.
    besides two new cars inline , one would be a 1.3
    the other would be 1.0 no decision taken which one are they ,
    ( they might even continue the alto , plus the sales dept head told me yesterday that they are even thinking to launch the indian shape alto) nothing is for sure just options on the table for consideration for now as i said earlier...
    but as usual any new car launches in mid year . so we would have to wait until mid 2013 for sure.
    men who reject to be ruled by the law of God , are ruled by the law of tyrants .

  18. #97
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarspk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,085
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohtashimiqbal View Post
    @2126

    until the trade venture is finalized , NO final decision can be taken .
    onec the decision would be taken then u will see the real picture.

    if the plan to assemble it here and launch it , those 100 units would be displayed .
    if they do not plan to assemble it here , then they would sell them off as imported units.

    right now all i have come to know is , that its a K series engine they would be getting IF the trade venture finalizes.
    besides two new cars inline , one would be a 1.3
    the other would be 1.0 no decision taken which one are they ,
    ( they might even continue the alto , plus the sales dept head told me yesterday that they are even thinking to launch the indian shape alto) nothing is for sure just options on the table for consideration for now as i said earlier...
    but as usual any new car launches in mid year . so we would have to wait until mid 2013 for sure.
    As for 1.3L engine, they might launch Suzuki Dezire as most of the parts are shared with Swift and P.S. also needs desperately a sedan which they would compete in the 1.3L category.

    The K series will be good addition to Suzuki cars as this is a very fuel efficient engine and also environment friendly.

    I just hope they launch a fully loaded dezire version having steering controls and air bags otherwise we will seeing another liana in the making.

  19. #98
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehranferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    two answers : Alto and Ertiga as far as I hear, but again nothing is confirmed.

  20. #99
    PakWheeler Follow
    mehranferrari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmanfarooq2 View Post
    Why doesnt paksuzuki re-launches khyber in place of alto, it's 1000 cc + already designed efi head for it and it'll be more powerful(seriously guys a well tuned and breathing khyber can do 200kph without moding), new one in 2013 will be in same 7 lac range, provide a better driving experience than alto, suzuki should actually do that seriously

    with interior redesigned (steering wheel should be at a distance from driver, in older design getting in and out demands a removable steering like those present in F1 cars, seriously you can touch seat while still touching the wheel with one hand only.) and mod looking dash with rotating knobs for climate controls, rev meter, convential headlight and wiper controls (older ones are they can house a speedo like a camaro in em). maybe a center console, rear indepent suspension, crystal lights with turn signals in em and space for foglights in colored sporty bumpers.

    if a khyber like that is launched, it may beat cultus in sales and maybe suzuki will have to stop producing em.
    why do you want an obsolete car not made or sold anywhere for decades to reenter the Pakistani market. the very fact that obsolete cars that dont meet any safety or emission standards whatsoever are being produced in pakistan for over a decade has cause technological stagnation of our auto industry and made it inefficient, unable to compete in the international market.

  21. #100
    PakWheeler Follow
    carfreak4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohtashimiqbal View Post
    because India will provide them them the engine they want .
    Pakistan is a big market in itself, why dont they want to invest in building engines here?

    These assemblers are always looking for short cuts. Time for change of approach in auto manufacturing in Pakistan as this policy is not taking us anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •