Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Alto VXR Silencer Issue

Hi All,

I have Alto VXR 2008 model which has completed 66000 km and it gives an odd sound not noisy but as something is being stretched when I get speed 60 plus. The sound looks like it is coming from body, I consulted my mechanic and he told that the sound may from silencer and get it checked from a silencer mechanic.

Now the issue is, when I consulted to a silencer mechanic he told me that the silencer is expired and sound is due to this issue. So I need to replace the original silencer with local silencer. Can anyone tell me this happens with all Altos after covering such distance or it is replaced after certain time period?? Because I am reluctant in replacing the original company fitted silencer.

Thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mjamilanwar View Post
    Hi All,I have Alto VXR 2008 model which has completed 66000 km and it gives an odd sound not noisy but as something is being stretched when I get speed 60 plus. The sound looks like it is coming from body, I consulted my mechanic and he told that the sound may from silencer and get it checked from a silencer mechanic. Now the issue is, when I consulted to a silencer mechanic he told me that the silencer is expired and sound is due to this issue. So I need to replace the original silencer with local silencer. Can anyone tell me this happens with all Altos after covering such distance or it is replaced after certain time period?? Because I am reluctant in replacing the original company fitted silencer.Thanks in advance!
    it kind of happens with all small cars in pak... and go for local made silencer of good quality, shouldn't cost u more than 1500-1800.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi All,

I have Alto VXR 2008 model which has completed 66000 km and it gives an odd sound not noisy but as something is being stretched when I get speed 60 plus. The sound looks like it is coming from body, I consulted my mechanic and he told that the sound may from silencer and get it checked from a silencer mechanic.

Now the issue is, when I consulted to a silencer mechanic he told me that the silencer is expired and sound is due to this issue. So I need to replace the original silencer with local silencer. Can anyone tell me this happens with all Altos after covering such distance or it is replaced after certain time period?? Because I am reluctant in replacing the original company fitted silencer.

Thanks in advance!
    No problem in all Alto. I have 2006, 57k, Alto and still has no problem of silencer.
    !! DIY in a professional WAY!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go below the car on the deck
    little common sense and eye sight required to judge exhaust line condition
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
    replace dholkies man no isse
    a friend has a 07 santro and his cars exhaust was expired from 4 places we had to put most of it new
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go ahead and get it changed but do consult a few more before doing so. I got my Alto's changed a few months back and the noise was gone. People will say that "bhai ye 3 jaali wala ha 2500-3000" ka milay, don't fall for that crap. Alto ka 2 jaali wala he hota ha and 1500 ka aram se mil jana chaye. If you are in Isb go to I&T Center, G-10 and ask for Naeem Silencer. Moreover, change the DHOLKI only.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List