Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Slowest Suzuki Alto VXR in Karachi?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Slowest Suzuki Alto VXR in Karachi?????

Dear All,
    I need all kinds of advises you can offer. I am planning to drive Karachi to Islamabad in Alto VXR 2010. I went to Suzuki Macca motors, they did 40 thousand KM inspection, over hauled clutch plate(pedal was hard to press), changed some hose pipes and changed weak ac and fan belt , they did tappet adjustment and charged me 41,000+ bill which I can also attach for forum viewing. I installed brand new tires Dunlop 165/70R12 77T. Mr. Irfan senior technician in Macca motors looks after my car.
    i took car for test, the car became very smooth but car didn't go beyond 80-100km speed. The car is very good in acceleration both in CNG and petrol, it some time is difficult to guess if its running on gas or petrol. I went again 3 times to Macca motors, they rechecked everything the firing angle degree 10/20 for gas/petrol with timing gun, they said advancer is running good. i have carburettor car with advancer installed and CNG is company fitted. Tires were free, brakes were free, no noise coming from car and car is smooth but cannot go beyond 80-100km. Yesterday I again visited macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and i took the car for 300km+ journey Karachi to Hyderabad and back to Karachi. the maximum I was able to touch with 2 person with Petrol and AC off was 101-103km/hr and the same result is with CNG. however car is very good in acceleration. I showed my car to local mechanic he also got failed.He removed the air filter in the end and let the carburettor open freely. Still I wasn't able to cross 100km/hr barrier with good acceleration in AC off with petrol. Today I again went to macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and still result was same. Macca motors asked me to goto Gul plaza to Mahmood carburettor wala. Over there I saw a man came from Suzuki south and handed over 2 carburettor for servicing. Mahmood sb. said all Suzuki companies give us these jobs so we are very good in it.He give car a great race in neutral gear and saw high speed butterfly valve opening up and told me your carburettor is okay.Car gives no humming, jerks, misfire. Even Exhaust output is very good and water comes out from exhaust. We bought this car year back and I had took it in CNG 140-150km/hr and in petrol 165km/hr with AC off. My younger brother had driven it for a year all in petrol and now I have taken it he bought swift.After getting the car I didn't raced it up. i checked that 40k km inspection was due and I had to take it to another city, so that is why I had done all these works on car. Before giving car to Suzuki Macca I wasn't sure if it could cross barrier of 100km/hr or not. Anyway, the carburettor guy charged me 2300 and serviced it and I took the car on superhighway tonight in both direction so wind doesn't matter in final speed, I wasn't able to cross the 100km barrier.Even mehran 93 beated me with speed on super highway. Macca motors said your speedometer could be wrong but all cars were overtaking me. I need help, i have got sick and tired in 2 week and had spent more than 60 thousand rupees which includes new tires and all I get is 80 kilo meter per hour speed. My name is Syed Umar Farooq and number is 0300-2478118. i am waiting for car to get ready and want to take it to Isb as soon as possible, If this car get fixed with your help.I will leave for Isb in next hour.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Probably its the tappet setting. Ur vehicle will be more fuel efficient. Did u notice?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using PW Forums Mobile App

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No I didn't notice. I am like crying at the moment. I want to take this car as soon as possible to Isb. I several time said to Macca motors to Mr. Irfan about tappet adjustment. They said tappets adjustment had been performed and it only helps in making car smooth and helps in starting up in Single self and helps in converting easily from cng to petrol and vice versa and reduce knocking if any. it has nothing to do with performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother its valve setting for fuel.. also check air filter .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using PW Forums Mobile App

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Macca motors adjusted tappet with feeler gauge(don't know if they did it right). air filter is new, oil filter new and gear oil is new as well. What should I told them to do so as to rectify it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did u checked the current of the car, i mean u done the timing settings but have u checked the plugs and specially coil of the car, just get these things checked and let us know also check the gear oil, if it needs replacement

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2
    Nauman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

intensity of current is I guess not checked by Macca motors. They had installed new Spark plugs, I have serviced my carburettor, gear oil is new, engine oil is new, air filter is new, oil filter is new. All fuel jets in carburettor have been cleaned and serviced. I had taken same vehicle in Cng upto 140-150km/hr one year back and I also don't think that my new clutch plate is slipping even alittle bit. Suzuki Macca motors are now trying to make me convince its all my illusion. Mr.Irfan senior technician at Macca motors touched 90km/hr on downward slope near dalmea and said to me I had touched 90 in city, you can take it to more on highway. I asked him what evidence do you need? A video recording? He denied to goto Highway because they are not allowed to go far from Suzuki Macca motors.Its 4AM in the morning. I am waiting for morning so I can take car again to Macca motors.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umery2k75
    It's a different problem well was your car this slow before 40k km inspection

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at OP, bro why do you want to take your car above 100km?? as said by MBZ128 your fuel efficiency might have increased.stay within speed limits... and 165 km/h on alto ..............??? why...??
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Such a long story u had written.
    Bro I have the same problem in my alto 2010.last year while on journey of. 250+ kms my car was not going above 95 kmh even my foot was fully pressed on paddel. With ac and cng,
    Then my driver take car to our local mechanic and he tunned it and then after few days I take my car to highway on the same journey with my car ac on and cng my car was not going above 105 kmh after some days on july my father sold it bcz it was used car and he bought a new alto petrol which was very good it even goes to 120+kmh.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If one has to spend 60000+ on a just 1-2 year old car, then better to sell out that crap.

Anyway, IMO, Mecca motors are ripping you off, ask them that what they would have charged you if they had to do a complete engine overhaul???? 3lac or something?????????... How on earth it is possible that 60000 be spent on a just 2 yr old car & that too on an ALTO-a small tiny car, come on man, it is not a Camry or accord.

What I guess is that the problem is either they did not properly do the clutch/pressure plate replacement or low current. But I am almost sure that the clutch plate work was not done properly.

Let's wait for Xulfiqar's or some other expert's input....
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Problem is with clutch i guessthey have nt faced the flywheel or something like that btw who told u to get clutch overall at 4ok lol
    alto clutch last at least 70k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recheck timing. I dont know how ppl connect an advancer to an ecu/sensor less car. I.Timing on ur car is set by rotating dizzy. Since the problem is on both cng n petrol, issue is not with fuel delivery.

Did anyone mess with the timing belt? U might want to check if ur timing belt is correctly aligned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

60k :O R u kidding me? u could have swapped ur engine in 60k+selling ur current engine :/ with a G15A or something and then enjoy meter down stuff by the way 100 km/h is enough for highways .. .. it is the fuel efficiency that matters on long routes not ur top speed :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur 60 thousand can not come back,, did u know,, experiance is the best teacher but its fee is so high,,, i mean these r small cars,, these cars do not meant to be spend such money,, just change engine oil at the time n get engine overhauled at 200k on odo,,,i think u got my point
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I cannot find a way to upload Macca motors bill and car pics through mobile phone internet. Unlucky my PTCL internet is down too.
    @saadalex
    I didn't know if car can go beyond 100km/hr before 40km inspection.
    @usmanuetian
    I need 100km/hr plus speed when I need to overtake and I need speed especially when crazy local Daewoo coaches drives r.irrationally on highway, those drivers uses drugs churs and they drive on high speed lane and I have seen many accidents of them. They drive as if they are driving a bike zig zag at 140km/he plus, so for.my safety I want to take beyond 100km/hr. I am a safe driver and takes every precaution.
    @COOLTAHIR
    I don't have much money to sell it and buy new one.
    @AsadGhumman
    I have to travel city to city and I don't want my car to broke down in Moro, Dadu of sindh. Especially with family.
    @Asad1
    They had faced it. I have seen. Previous clutch was also not in bad shape.
    @fahadwizz
    I don't know if advancer comes with Suzuki Alto VXR 2010. CNG was factory fitted.
    @Derby52
    Initially they give estimate of near around 18K, but it grew to 41k
    @shereabdullah
    I didn't know that amount will grow upto 41K. 20k was spent on new tires, altogether 61k+2.3k spent on carburetor=63.3k.
    I went to Macca motors in evening, they said leave your car for another day and I asked what will you do. Mr. Irfan senior technician told me
    that he will replace parts with anothe alto. I didn't see another alto Where as car advisor Mr.Ameen told ne another story, he will do compression test on cylinder and somebody else told me Macca motors doesn't have this facility. Now everybody's statement is changed and they don't seems to have any common plan. One person told me he will perform tappet adjustment.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great idea
    Try Clutch inspection
    if
    And is car doing some missing at slow speed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same problem in my 10' mehran. Was told once that the accelerator cable was tied up so that the car doesn't cross a certain rpm. Never got it rectified and it still touches 80 no matter what. Running it on 13" continental. However I've seen mehran's driving faster than 80.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using PW Forums mobile app
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir its the clutch plate
    i am damn sure
    and 61K dude are u mad ?????
    i also have a 2011 alto and i most of the time just change stuff as i know it is wrong
    and man overhauling the clutch plate dude my 10 year old mehran had 2 clutch plates in 8 years and i never drove it properly i drove it insane ! as i was young
    now man just get a Excedy clutch plate as it comes genuine in alto and dont bother going to suzuki dealer for buying get it from some local suzuki parts dealer im sure its cheaper
    and get it installed
    then it will hit 120 with ease
    my alto is 18K driven and i changed what went wrong and all the time local parts work better then genuine crap suzuki has
    for example radiator cap, brake pads ,8mm plug wires ,v power ngk plugs all are changed and bought from local market
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List