Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Slowest Suzuki Alto VXR in Karachi?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Slowest Suzuki Alto VXR in Karachi?????

Dear All,
    I need all kinds of advises you can offer. I am planning to drive Karachi to Islamabad in Alto VXR 2010. I went to Suzuki Macca motors, they did 40 thousand KM inspection, over hauled clutch plate(pedal was hard to press), changed some hose pipes and changed weak ac and fan belt , they did tappet adjustment and charged me 41,000+ bill which I can also attach for forum viewing. I installed brand new tires Dunlop 165/70R12 77T. Mr. Irfan senior technician in Macca motors looks after my car.
    i took car for test, the car became very smooth but car didn't go beyond 80-100km speed. The car is very good in acceleration both in CNG and petrol, it some time is difficult to guess if its running on gas or petrol. I went again 3 times to Macca motors, they rechecked everything the firing angle degree 10/20 for gas/petrol with timing gun, they said advancer is running good. i have carburettor car with advancer installed and CNG is company fitted. Tires were free, brakes were free, no noise coming from car and car is smooth but cannot go beyond 80-100km. Yesterday I again visited macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and i took the car for 300km+ journey Karachi to Hyderabad and back to Karachi. the maximum I was able to touch with 2 person with Petrol and AC off was 101-103km/hr and the same result is with CNG. however car is very good in acceleration. I showed my car to local mechanic he also got failed.He removed the air filter in the end and let the carburettor open freely. Still I wasn't able to cross 100km/hr barrier with good acceleration in AC off with petrol. Today I again went to macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and still result was same. Macca motors asked me to goto Gul plaza to Mahmood carburettor wala. Over there I saw a man came from Suzuki south and handed over 2 carburettor for servicing. Mahmood sb. said all Suzuki companies give us these jobs so we are very good in it.He give car a great race in neutral gear and saw high speed butterfly valve opening up and told me your carburettor is okay.Car gives no humming, jerks, misfire. Even Exhaust output is very good and water comes out from exhaust. We bought this car year back and I had took it in CNG 140-150km/hr and in petrol 165km/hr with AC off. My younger brother had driven it for a year all in petrol and now I have taken it he bought swift.After getting the car I didn't raced it up. i checked that 40k km inspection was due and I had to take it to another city, so that is why I had done all these works on car. Before giving car to Suzuki Macca I wasn't sure if it could cross barrier of 100km/hr or not. Anyway, the carburettor guy charged me 2300 and serviced it and I took the car on superhighway tonight in both direction so wind doesn't matter in final speed, I wasn't able to cross the 100km barrier.Even mehran 93 beated me with speed on super highway. Macca motors said your speedometer could be wrong but all cars were overtaking me. I need help, i have got sick and tired in 2 week and had spent more than 60 thousand rupees which includes new tires and all I get is 80 kilo meter per hour speed. My name is Syed Umar Farooq and number is 0300-2478118. i am waiting for car to get ready and want to take it to Isb as soon as possible, If this car get fixed with your help.I will leave for Isb in next hour.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I seriously doubt this dealership service department, why the "bleep" are they installing larger jets in the carby?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had an alto 2005. It used to touch 120 with ac n 130 w/o ac on cng and 140 to 150 kph on petrol.
    i doubt if thr z sm prob with newer models.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umery2k75 View Post
    aap ka speedometer to kharab nahi hai? video mein gari kafi tez chalti hoi lag rehi hai

check speed with ur phone gps
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with DMS
    speedometer ki wire ka farak lagta hai as car seems to be going quiet fast
    if i compare mine
    mine goes on cng till 80 on 2nd gear without a problem but thing is that jab bhi car khencho to ac off kar k khenchoo as engine gets double stress
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well lets see

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dms664, @ekdrifter, @saadalex
    Speedometer is fine. Car seems to be running fast because Mobile camera lens are wide angle, so things seems more far away then they actually are, so passing an object seems faster due to wide angle lens. When I went to Hyderabad from Karachi on test trial both on PETROL and CNG. Every car had over taken me, including 93 Mehran- even with AC off and Full accelerator pedal on the floor and having 30psi pressure on all tires, a 21 year old Mehran over took me .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dms664, @ekdrifter, @saadalex
    Speedometer is fine. Car seems to be running fast because Mobile camera lens are wide angle, so things seems more far away then they actually are, so passing an object seems faster due to wide angle lens. When I went to Hyderabad from Karachi on test trial both on PETROL and CNG. Every car had over taken me, including 93 Mehran- even with AC off and Full accelerator pedal on the floor and having 30psi pressure on all tires, a 21 year old Mehran over took me .
    check with plugs and wires upgrades which i written
    and if u really want to test this then go for iridium plugs and 8mm wires
    pher dakhana

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well problem here is other stock alto are capable of doing 100+
    STOCK
    yes why not this one is

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadalex View Post
    STOCK
    yes why not this one is
    Follow xulfiqar's suggestions.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using PW Forums mobile app
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadalex View Post
    STOCK
    yes why not this one is
    mine when stock was never going above 110 on slope on cng
    with A/C
    just upgrade plug wires and plugs first baki kharcha karny se phele

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your speedo is the issue cause at this high rev your car should be around 100 easily
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/164227-my-new-ride-d
    My Charade (Away for a while Due To Exams) Wish Me Luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

measure speed against a GPS and measure engine rpm in Hz from the ignition coil. btw did you test the centrifugal advance and vaccum advance of the distributor and also that your throttles are opening fully when the pedal is pressed to the floor?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will check GPS speed and for the RPM measurement, I will hook up something in it. I am not sure if Centrifugal advance and Vacuum advance has been tested. Where as throttles are opening fully upon pedal pressed to the floor. Tomorrow I will go to Macca motors again and shown them this video.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will check GPS speed and for the RPM measurement, I will hook up something in it. I am not sure if Centrifugal advance and Vacuum advance has been tested. Where as throttles are opening fully upon pedal pressed to the floor. Tomorrow I will go to Macca motors again and shown them this video.
    if the throttle was floored than your 40 to 80 kph accleration is really low.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By using wrong size tyre how can you expect optimum performance,The correct tyre size for alto is
    145 / 80R - 12 and you are using 165 / 70R - 12.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys i booked my Wagon R VXL from Suzuki Macca Motors Karachi which is not at all a good dealer, at the time of booking i was promised or one can say assured that the car will be delivered within 15 working (days) excluding Sunday's, now its more than 20 days and they changed their tone saying and mentioning multiple reasons and ending up on a note that the car will be delivered on a tentative date appearing on booking paper that is after 2 months i am stuck with their lies; need your suggestion regarding it.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear, The same problem was with my alto, My mechanic found it. There was a problem in operation of high speed fuel venture, that was not operating. He changed the vacuum pump operate at high rpm in rupees 500 only. That pump is part of carburetor not available separately, he changed with kabli one but now my Alto goes 140 at motorway.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All,
    I need all kinds of advises you can offer. I am planning to drive Karachi to Islamabad in Alto VXR 2010. I went to Suzuki Macca motors, they did 40 thousand KM inspection, over hauled clutch plate(pedal was hard to press), changed some hose pipes and changed weak ac and fan belt , they did tappet adjustment and charged me 41,000+ bill which I can also attach for forum viewing. I installed brand new tires Dunlop 165/70R12 77T. Mr. Irfan senior technician in Macca motors looks after my car.
    i took car for test, the car became very smooth but car didn't go beyond 80-100km speed. The car is very good in acceleration both in CNG and petrol, it some time is difficult to guess if its running on gas or petrol. I went again 3 times to Macca motors, they rechecked everything the firing angle degree 10/20 for gas/petrol with timing gun, they said advancer is running good. i have carburettor car with advancer installed and CNG is company fitted. Tires were free, brakes were free, no noise coming from car and car is smooth but cannot go beyond 80-100km. Yesterday I again visited macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and i took the car for 300km+ journey Karachi to Hyderabad and back to Karachi. the maximum I was able to touch with 2 person with Petrol and AC off was 101-103km/hr and the same result is with CNG. however car is very good in acceleration. I showed my car to local mechanic he also got failed.He removed the air filter in the end and let the carburettor open freely. Still I wasn't able to cross 100km/hr barrier with good acceleration in AC off with petrol. Today I again went to macca motors they sprayed can of carburettor cleaner and still result was same. Macca motors asked me to goto Gul plaza to Mahmood carburettor wala. Over there I saw a man came from Suzuki south and handed over 2 carburettor for servicing. Mahmood sb. said all Suzuki companies give us these jobs so we are very good in it.He give car a great race in neutral gear and saw high speed butterfly valve opening up and told me your carburettor is okay.Car gives no humming, jerks, misfire. Even Exhaust output is very good and water comes out from exhaust. We bought this car year back and I had took it in CNG 140-150km/hr and in petrol 165km/hr with AC off. My younger brother had driven it for a year all in petrol and now I have taken it he bought swift.After getting the car I didn't raced it up. i checked that 40k km inspection was due and I had to take it to another city, so that is why I had done all these works on car. Before giving car to Suzuki Macca I wasn't sure if it could cross barrier of 100km/hr or not. Anyway, the carburettor guy charged me 2300 and serviced it and I took the car on superhighway tonight in both direction so wind doesn't matter in final speed, I wasn't able to cross the 100km barrier.Even mehran 93 beated me with speed on super highway. Macca motors said your speedometer could be wrong but all cars were overtaking me. I need help, i have got sick and tired in 2 week and had spent more than 60 thousand rupees which includes new tires and all I get is 80 kilo meter per hour speed. My name is Syed Umar Farooq and number is 0300-2478118. i am waiting for car to get ready and want to take it to Isb as soon as possible, If this car get fixed with your help.I will leave for Isb in next hour.
    Dude honestly you are quite stupid or might be some naive son of a rich guy to throw 41000+ at macca motors, and they always look guys like you to take advantage to charge them so much that they can have their numbers going up in profit in their book of business ... I have so many plenty of stories that how macca motors tried to fool me but they were not able to ... Other than that most of their senior staff is highly uneducated and make up things where they can easily even make the owner of macca motors chey ... Anyways do not force your car or accelerate much give it some time and stop thinking about how to go beyond the speed ... Usually car performance goes down by some time and the issue that is making your car not to perform will pop up after some time ... In the meanwhile even if you go to different mechanics they will simply see you as bread and butter to eat ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Check gear and breaks

New trans oil and check if your breaks are sticking ,ive hit 145kmph on my alto when i used to maintain it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List