0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @Xulfiqar - Help - Liqui Moly Engine oil for Alto 660cc

Dear Xulfiqar,

Sir i think u know a lot about cars.

My car is alto 2010. 36000 on odo meter i dunno if that is true as the car was bought from dealer.
    car is running fine.

i wanted to the change oil of my car and i am currently using toyota gli ka oil filter aur toyota ka yeh wala oil. http://www.toyota-indus.com/parts/lu...s/petron-plus/

i change oil and oil filter between 2500kms and 3000kms and it costs me Rs.2800/oil & oil filter change.

i want to switch to liqui moly because as per my ca

i went to the shop on ferozpur road Lahore.

they had:

1. 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade.
    2. 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade.

i have three options:

1. keep on using current oil and filter and use oil for 2500 - 3000kms. cost per kilometer will be Rs.1.05/km
    2. use 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade and add mos2 additive. it was a blue pack with green labels. the dealer said i can use it for 12,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.88/km.
    3. use 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade. it is a silver pack with black labels i think. the dealer said i can use it for 10,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.753/km.

i know a local mechanic. i discussed this with him and he told me that as per conditions in Lahore we should use 10-40w oil. since car's engine is small, wear n tear is more and i should not use the oil till 10,000 or 12,000kms. he said bigger engines have lesser wear as compared to smaller engines.

please help me choose among the three options & how long should i use it for. What would u do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    Dear Xulfiqar,

Sir i think u know a lot about cars.

My car is alto 2010. 36000 on odo meter i dunno if that is true as the car was bought from dealer.
    car is running fine.

i wanted to the change oil of my car and i am currently using toyota gli ka oil filter aur toyota ka yeh wala oil. http://www.toyota-indus.com/parts/lu...s/petron-plus/

i change oil and oil filter between 2500kms and 3000kms and it costs me Rs.2800/oil & oil filter change.

i want to switch to liqui moly because as per my ca

i went to the shop on ferozpur road Lahore.

they had:

1. 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade.
    2. 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade.

i have three options:

1. keep on using current oil and filter and use oil for 2500 - 3000kms. cost per kilometer will be Rs.1.05/km
    2. use 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade and add mos2 additive. it was a blue pack with green labels. the dealer said i can use it for 12,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.88/km.
    3. use 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade. it is a silver pack with black labels i think. the dealer said i can use it for 10,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.753/km.

i know a local mechanic. i discussed this with him and he told me that as per conditions in Lahore we should use 10-40w oil. since car's engine is small, wear n tear is more and i should not use the oil till 10,000 or 12,000kms. he said bigger engines have lesser wear as compared to smaller engines.

please help me choose among the three options & how long should i use it for. What would u do?
    are other also allowed to put their suggestions here? Or its particularly xulfiqar who has to reply?
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your car requires a older spec oil because of the valve train type, Use SH or SJ spec oil, use the suzuki filter (soak it before use) and fill it up.

Be economical in your choice.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Your car requires a older spec oil because of the valve train type, Use SH or SJ spec oil, use the suzuki filter (soak it before use) and fill it up.

Be economical in your choice.
    as far as soaking the filter is concernd, it may work well or be a necessary for the big diesel engines who have half liter to 1.5liter oil remains only in the filter. For small engine petrol cars (even upto 2000cc) it really doesn't matter alot.
    Source: MB mechanic.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Being careful doesn't hurt

Sent from my SGH-T989 using PW Forums mobile app
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    as far as soaking the filter is concernd, it may work well or be a necessary for the big diesel engines who have half liter to 1.5liter oil remains only in the filter. For small engine petrol cars (even upto 2000cc) it really doesn't matter alot.
    Source: MB mechanic.

any paper media filter will blowout immediately on dry start, Its literally printed on good branded filters too. Its your choice if you dont want to bother -

But if you dont know what it does - then a little hint is that the hydraulic blowout tears a hole in the filter media which means that the filter is now as good as NO FILTER. Filter canisters with capacities of more than 1 litre require this as mandatory otherwise the engine can suffer a serious dry condition. In those engines the filter is literally filled with oil not just soaked.

Explanation - soaking the media paper is easy, pour a little oil in the filter and slosh it around, this wets the paper - this poured oil will not come out if you turn the filter upside down for a moment.

My comment of "fill it up" was meant for the engine - not the filter.

btw - go smack that MB mechanic
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

goodman you can reply too. i only mentioned Mr. Xulfiqar cuz i think he is a guru here.

it has a k6a engine the car is ha25 alto. http://www.panorama-auto.it/var/ezfl...allery_5_3.jpg

what about viscosity of oil and y an older grade oil? 5-30 or 10-30? manufacturer says 5-30 in winters n 10-30 in summers but i guess that is for japan's environment.

at honda dealerships here they use 5-30. i used their oil in my 2002 civic and ran it till 175,000 the engine NEVER missed a beep with their oil. so may be 5-30 even in pakistan is okay. what do u think.

im just asking so much questions just to understand.

i use toyota ka filter cuz suzuki's filter does not fit because of threads on it and suzuki 3s dealers don't give service to me cuz car imported.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

goodman you can reply too. i only mentioned Mr. Xulfiqar cuz i think he is a guru here.

it has a k6a engine the car is ha25 alto. http://www.panorama-auto.it/var/ezfl...allery_5_3.jpg

what about viscosity of oil and y an older grade oil? 5-30 or 10-30? manufacturer says 5-30 in winters n 10-30 in summers but i guess that is for japan's environment.

at honda dealerships here they use 5-30. i used their oil in my 2002 civic and ran it till 175,000 the engine NEVER missed a beep with their oil. so may be 5-30 even in pakistan is okay. what do u think.

im just asking so much questions just to understand.

i use toyota ka filter cuz suzuki's filter does not fit because of threads on it and suzuki 3s dealers don't give service to me cuz car imported.
    Firstly, never go so deep in the calculations of Rs./km for engine oil price. If you'll consider it always, believe me no engine oil can perform well in your car. So just keep this formula aside because its not important than the health of engine.

PDM Alto 2010, 36K
    Hmm.. The MOs2 is now old. Time to forget it. Use Molygen 5/50 sj instead and keep the changing interval as 7~8K. I know when zulfiqar will read this post, he will surely advise not go upto 7.5k for small sump engines. But I've got this confirmed by email from Liqui Moly Germany that change interval of Molygen is 7.5K for small engines like 660CC & 1000CC JDMs only. For bigger engines, min. recommended interval is 10~12K.
    I personally don't recommend to use this Molygen oil in Mehran or Bolan. Because their engines are based on 10w oil.

For filters, simply use leppon and change them after every 4K.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any paper media filter will blowout immediately on dry start, Its literally printed on good branded filters too. Its your choice if you dont want to bother -

But if you dont know what it does - then a little hint is that the hydraulic blowout tears a hole in the filter media which means that the filter is now as good as NO FILTER. Filter canisters with capacities of more than 1 litre require this as mandatory otherwise the engine can suffer a serious dry condition. In those engines the filter is literally filled with oil not just soaked.

Explanation - soaking the media paper is easy, pour a little oil in the filter and slosh it around, this wets the paper - this poured oil will not come out if you turn the filter upside down for a moment.

My comment of "fill it up" was meant for the engine - not the filter.

btw - go smack that MB mechanic
    Since I've read your another post in which you've already agreed that for cars we can never get 10/10 because everyone has chosen their own logics to follow.
    That’s why I don't feel to keep this discussion prolong.
    However, as a bottom line I believe that for small engines, soaking oil filter is not very necessary. While for the bigger engines (specially diesel), its mandatory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly, never go so deep in the calculations of Rs./km for engine oil price. If you'll consider it always, believe me no engine oil can perform well in your car. So just keep this formula aside because its not important than the health of engine.

PDM Alto 2010, 36K
    Hmm.. The MOs2 is now old. Time to forget it. Use Molygen 5/50 sj instead and keep the changing interval as 7~8K. I know when zulfiqar will read this post, he will surely advise not go upto 7.5k for small sump engines. But I've got this confirmed by email from Liqui Moly Germany that change interval of Molygen is 7.5K for small engines like 660CC & 1000CC JDMs only. For bigger engines, min. recommended interval is 10~12K.
    I personally don't recommend to use this Molygen oil in Mehran or Bolan. Because their engines are based on 10w oil.

i just did the calculations and shared them buttt i usually dont do such calculations. btw they were done at 7750kms running of oil.

i wanted to get the oil changed today. i went out at 10am and you replied a bit later .

so i used the petron plus oil with toyota oil filter. somehow the filter from toyota got cheaper. it is malaysian made and got it for 650. filter of older gli fits my car perfectly in terms of height and threads of fitting.

at the dealership the floor head mechanic checked the oil n said it seems to be burnt (i dint expect such a comment from him). the oil was being drained at the time. after a while when it cooled on his finger he said it seems ok . i changed the oil after 2400kms. previously it had the same oil in it.

where do u get ur oil from btw? filter house? which branch? or ferozpur road wala banda?

as per the guy in isb(importer). i called him today and he said the mos2 additive is for 550 here it is for 700 and even 1000. 5-30 oil is for 4200 and im sure 10-40 mos2 is below 4000.

one more question. y should i use SJ instead of SN grade oil? i think the newer the technology the better it will be for my car's engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i just did the calculations and shared them buttt i usually dont do such calculations. btw they were done at 7750kms running of oil.

i wanted to get the oil changed today. i went out at 10am and you replied a bit later .

so i used the petron plus oil with toyota oil filter. somehow the filter from toyota got cheaper. it is malaysian made and got it for 650. filter of older gli fits my car perfectly in terms of height and threads of fitting.

at the dealership the floor head mechanic checked the oil n said it seems to be burnt (i dint expect such a comment from him). the oil was being drained at the time. after a while when it cooled on his finger he said it seems ok . i changed the oil after 2400kms. previously it had the same oil in it.

where do u get ur oil from btw? filter house? which branch? or ferozpur road wala banda?

as per the guy in isb(importer). i called him today and he said the mos2 additive is for 550 here it is for 700 and even 1000. 5-30 oil is for 4200 and im sure 10-40 mos2 is below 4000.

one more question. y should i use SJ instead of SN grade oil? i think the newer the technology the better it will be for my car's engine.
    i bought oils from mr. Afzal tahir of LM at muslim town. Very nice fella. Yesterday we met and have long discussions about advancement in oils.

Molygen is sj grade. And as i mentioned previously that this is particularly made for those countries where thicker oils are popular like pak. So all those vehicles that are 2001 older, this oil is perfectly suitable for them. And the most important is the additive. This additive is totally new and reduce the fuel consumption and wear significantly.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where to get molygen in karachi?
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    where to get molygen in karachi?
    click search on this forum, type Liqui Moly in Karachi, and you'll find many results.
    many members have already posted this particular information in various threads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since I've read your another post in which you've already agreed that for cars we can never get 10/10 because everyone has chosen their own logics to follow.
    That’s why I don't feel to keep this discussion prolong.
    However, as a bottom line I believe that for small engines, soaking oil filter is not very necessary. While for the bigger engines (specially diesel), its mandatory.
    your logic is flawed then. A small filter will suffer media blowout immediately under dry start, It has been seen and proven a number of times.

Oil filters on CAT, Cummins, UD, Isuzu etc require fill up because the filter capacity is about 1.5 litres per filter, meaning if you have 2 you wait for 3 litres to fill up before oil gets to work where required. The reasons are different - dont mix them up.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PDM Alto 2010, 36K

Please get a written and signed statement from Liqui Moly that they will pay for the engine if if suffers from their recommended 8000 kms run. The problem is that the oil itself may remain good but it will become abrasive after 5000 kms as the oil filter is not a fine media. In engines that are recommending long oil change of about 20,000 kms the filter media is not your regular oil filter media.

here is an example of mercedes benz gasoline/petrol engines built after 1997

@Xulfiqar  Help  Liqui Moly Engine oil for Alto 660cc -1321258

both types are available in the market, the one on the right is a regular cellulose paper media filter specced for use with mineral oil and to be changed at 6000 kms, The one on the left is a synthetic polyester fleece, to be used with synthetic oil and can last upto 25,000 kms. It also filters about 5 times better than the cellulose filter and does not break down like cellulose.

So choose wisely. The reason those cars can go for 25,000 kms on one oil change is

1 - using a very high standard oil
    2 - using such a filter
    3 - large sump capacity - usually 8~10 litres

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is new to me..i just change filter put oil in do rest of service..do safety checks and sign of..
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How so, This was basic 101 of hydraulics - the oil circuit in an engine is hydraulic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How so, This was basic 101 of hydraulics - the oil circuit in an engine is hydraulic.
    thats true the point i was making was in cars ive never come across it..the only time ive primed oil filters is in hgvs fuel and oil,..and sometime hydraulics..on hi abs..
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please get a written and signed statement from Liqui Moly that they will pay for the engine if if suffers from their recommended 8000 kms run. The problem is that the oil itself may remain good but it will become abrasive after 5000 kms as the oil filter is not a fine media. In engines that are recommending long oil change of about 20,000 kms the filter media is not your regular oil filter media.

here is an example of mercedes benz gasoline/petrol engines built after 1997

both types are available in the market, the one on the right is a regular cellulose paper media filter specced for use with mineral oil and to be changed at 6000 miles, The one on the left is a synthetic polyester fleece, to be used with synthetic oil and can last upto 25,000 miles. It also filters about 5 times better than the cellulose filter and does not break down like cellulose.

So choose wisely. The reason those cars can go for 25,000 kms on one oil change is

1 - using a very high standard oil
    2 - using such a filter
    3 - large sump capacity - usually 8~10 litres
    Are these available for daihatsu mira(or can be fit into daihatsu mira) and which place how much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @Xulfiqar & @GoodMan7

I got hold of engine manual for a K6A engine.

can you please see the attached photo and suggest which company has this oil? and where to buy it from an authentic retailer in Lahore.

Also can you guys tell me what it means in the table when they are referring to oil change intervals?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List