0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @Xulfiqar - Help - Liqui Moly Engine oil for Alto 660cc

Dear Xulfiqar,

Sir i think u know a lot about cars.

My car is alto 2010. 36000 on odo meter i dunno if that is true as the car was bought from dealer.
    car is running fine.

i wanted to the change oil of my car and i am currently using toyota gli ka oil filter aur toyota ka yeh wala oil. http://www.toyota-indus.com/parts/lu...s/petron-plus/

i change oil and oil filter between 2500kms and 3000kms and it costs me Rs.2800/oil & oil filter change.

i want to switch to liqui moly because as per my ca

i went to the shop on ferozpur road Lahore.

they had:

1. 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade.
    2. 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade.

i have three options:

1. keep on using current oil and filter and use oil for 2500 - 3000kms. cost per kilometer will be Rs.1.05/km
    2. use 5w-30 without mos2 additive and SN grade and add mos2 additive. it was a blue pack with green labels. the dealer said i can use it for 12,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.88/km.
    3. use 10w-40 with mos2 and SL grade. it is a silver pack with black labels i think. the dealer said i can use it for 10,000kms. i was thinking to use it for 7500 or 8000kms. cost per kilometer including two oil filter changes in middle will be Rs.0.753/km.

i know a local mechanic. i discussed this with him and he told me that as per conditions in Lahore we should use 10-40w oil. since car's engine is small, wear n tear is more and i should not use the oil till 10,000 or 12,000kms. he said bigger engines have lesser wear as compared to smaller engines.

please help me choose among the three options & how long should i use it for. What would u do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassaaniqbal92 View Post
    Xulfiqar bhai, last time I got my civics oil changed and forgot to fill up the filter with oil. Just got it installed dry. It has been 700 kms after the oil change. Should I get the filter replaced only or get both the oil and filter replaced???

Xulfiqar bhai’s tip for wetting the oil filter before installing is great and helpful.
    But I think here less than 1% people know it and always install the dry filters. So I think nothing to worry now, but next time you may ask them to wet it with engine oil before installing.
    I will also follow this tip from now on.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Xulfiqar bhai’s tip for wetting the oil filter before installing is great and helpful.
    But I think here less than 1% people know it and always install the dry filters. So I think nothing to worry now, but next time you may ask them to wet it with engine oil before installing.
    I will ask follow this tip from now on.
    I will do it myself. Cant trust the mechanics nowadays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List