Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Alto temperature drop issue

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Alto temperature drop issue

    Salam All,

    I am experiencing some Weird (may be problematic) thing with my Ride.... temperature starts to drop on light foot.. I mean it is supposed to keep the temperature gauge to the middle, No ?....Yesterday on my way back from murree temperature needle was first on Half and when we started our journey downhill temperature started to drop and constantly remained low and came back to normal (half) once I pressed the pedal (as in normal road and normal drive)...Today as well though I was driving with a very very soft foot even after 4,5 km temperature needle didnt came up to middle remained a little low.... I am not experiencing any heat up issues Alhamdulilah.. My concern here is if its some kind of problem with thermostat valve or is this normal?.... please help @Xulfiqar bhai and other experienced people...

    Sent from my Nokia 1110i
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhangul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Age
    23
    Posts
    751
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thermostat might be stuck. Car should maintain optimal temperature regardless of heat and cold outside. Get the thermostat valve checked. Are you using coolant or tap water ?
    None of the brave deserve fair....

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    Thermostat might be stuck. Car should maintain optimal temperature regardless of heat and cold outside. Get the thermostat valve checked. Are you using coolant or tap water ?
    Thanks for Your reply...m Using coolant (the name skipped my mind).... I also am thinking about having the T-valve checked or may be replaced...
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omarabdullah022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,642
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It won't stay constant in a carby car anyways. Make sure i doesn't go below 35% and you're good to go!

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    It won't stay constant in a carby car anyways. Make sure i doesn't go below 35% and you're good to go!
    Thanks for Your reply Omar bro ....Well on my way back from murree it dropped much lower than 35%..but in my routine city drive it's staying a lil low e.g if half is 50%..its staying on 40-45% and only gets to 50% if I floor the ride....Also, keeping in mind that the T-valve is intact this should not be happening..true ?....its strange for me....
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhangul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Age
    23
    Posts
    751
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_shA View Post
    Thanks for Your reply...m Using coolant (the name skipped my mind).... I also am thinking about having the T-valve checked or may be replaced...
    Do get it checked.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    xener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its possible the shaft of T Stat valve is bent and its stuck open...engine isnt regulating its temp....more wear n tear + bad fuel consumption

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xener View Post
    its possible the shaft of T Stat valve is bent and its stuck open...engine isnt regulating its temp....more wear n tear + bad fuel consumption
    Thats exactly what I think the problem is.....T-valve is stuck open....n yes the fuel consumption is pathetic nowadays...guzzling petrol like anything....
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    Do get it checked.
    Tomorrow InshaAllah I ll go and get the problem sorted out
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    It won't stay constant in a carby car anyways. Make sure i doesn't go below 35% and you're good to go!
    t-valve is the same-no matter if its a carby or efi
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    xener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_shA View Post
    Tomorrow InshaAllah I ll go and get the problem sorted out
    get a new NTC tstat valve....82 -88 C....dont know abt alto which is correct temp... original will cost u 1100 to 1450...u can check it dipping in boiling water...its fun to observe it opening closing itsellf

    P.S. sometimes...stuck open valve means engine overheated and t-valve expanded out of its limits and bent itself...

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omarabdullah022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,642
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    t-valve is the same-no matter if its a carby or efi
    You're kinda right but the values are different! The efi cultus uses a 92 degree celcius one and the carby one uses an 82 degree celcius one. Plus the efi radiator fan switches off quicker.
    And in a carby cultus the fan is direct on AC.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xener View Post
    get a new NTC tstat valve....82 -88 C....dont know abt alto which is correct temp... original will cost u 1100 to 1450...u can check it dipping in boiling water...its fun to observe it opening closing itsellf

    P.S. sometimes...stuck open valve means engine overheated and t-valve expanded out of its limits and bent itself...

    Noted...Thanks for Your help and reply brother ....
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_shA View Post
    Noted...Thanks for Your help and reply brother ....
    your car uses 82 deg t-valve
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    your car uses 82 deg t-valve
    Noted... 82 Deg T-valve...Thanks for the help brother
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    You're kinda right but the values are different! The efi cultus uses a 92 degree celcius one and the carby one uses an 82 degree celcius one. Plus the efi radiator fan switches off quicker.
    And in a carby cultus the fan is direct on AC.
    cultus efi uses 82 deg thermo valve
    the manual i am sharing is of usa market,so it has 88 deg thermo valve-and i have never seen 92 deg t-valve
    efi radi fan switches off quicker???no,,,who said you....
    your cultus has modification done on it-originally,its not direct with ac on...
    Alto temperature drop issue -1402793
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omarabdullah022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,642
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    cultus efi uses 82 deg thermo valve
    the manual i am sharing is of usa market,so it has 88 deg thermo valve-and i have never seen 92 deg t-valve
    efi radi fan switches off quicker???no,,,who said you....
    your cultus has modification done on it-originally,its not direct with ac on...
    Alto temperature drop issue -1402793
    I'll surely pay a visit to the mechanic as the fan turns on even on a dead cold engine on ac.
    Thanks for the info!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    I'll surely pay a visit to the mechanic as the fan turns on even on a dead cold engine on ac.
    Thanks for the info!
    no problem though if t-valve is there
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    fan starts at low speed even in winter when aircon is activated, thats normal. - The radiator fan come alive when engine gets HOT and the aircon fan also switch to HIGH. what was outside temperature when returning from Muree, as other member said you may need to replace the T/stat valve. - it is universal T/Stat valve for all PKDM SUZUKI vehicles
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    D_shA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    fan starts at low speed even in winter when aircon is activated, thats normal. - The radiator fan come alive when engine gets HOT and the aircon fan also switch to HIGH. what was outside temperature when returning from Muree, as other member said you may need to replace the T/stat valve. - it is universal T/Stat valve for all PKDM SUZUKI vehicles
    Outside temprature could be 10-15 or may be even colder cuz I literally had to turn the heater on....when I was driving normally even In that cold weather temp needle remained around half but as I started driving downhill with least or no pressing the accelerator temp started tl drop and dropped to almost C....that's what worried me...I have experienced this thing before even with civic but that was in very very cold weather and on motorway plus temperature drop was very less as opposed to this case where it almost fell down to C....Also, this car almost never showed this kind of behaviour so just worried if its t-valve or something else

    Sent from my Nokia 1110i
    loving EPS in my Alto VXR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •