106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Radiator Flush Alto

After reading and researching many threads and also recommendations by Zulfiqar Bhai. I did a flush to my ALTO radiator.
    My Radiator and gas kit were recently replaced 1 month back And i was facing no heat up issues. but deposits of rust were increasing in radiator due water and old rust in reservoir and pipes. This was not acceptable to me as sooner or later it will ruin everything.

So First step was to remove the thermostat valve by removing its flange. The Valve was quite neat and clean as it was recently bought. Then I bought a new flange for Rs 350. Installed the old fan switch in it, applied some silicon (Rs 60) and installed the flange back.

I took a 2.25 liter bottle, added water. Bought TATRI (Citric Acid) and made a solution. First I drained all the water in radiator. then inserted the Tatri solution in radiator and topped it up with tap water

I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Please suggest a flushing method after headgasket repairs to clean oil from cooling system.

The same citric acid flush is used for this?.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mansor View Post
    sir jee coolant kay sath 50% water bhe use kya jata sirf coolant use kerna tekh nahe agar yaqeen naa ho to youtube per check ker laynnnn
    Mine is ZIC coolant, that comes pre diluted. it does not need any water.
    I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wasim625

I also flushed using citric acid a month or two months before, but I kept it light with 5% citric acid and 2.5% baking soda (correction done). I had no leakages, because I used coolant throughout so there was less rust in the system.

Look for water dripping under dashboard central area or near center leg air vents.

There maybe more minor leakages too, So be cautious.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wasim625

I changed the hose pipes as well because small rust particles were deposited inside the pipe which will again block your radiator.

Some cars have 2 lower hose pipes connected through a metal pipe. check that pipe as well as mine was 50% blocked. All the particles were depositing there.

Third ensure your hose pipe clipping are good as it wood prevent leaks.

Your heater might also be in same condition as your radiator due to rust, so either repair it, replace it or disconnect it.
    I myself disconnected as whole dashboard needs to be taken out to replace it.

Also clean reservoir bottle and do change its over flow pipe because it will again contaminate your coolant with rust particles

In the end flush the system with distill water (AC Water in my case) multiple times. Because some water might be left in engine head.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Oka bhai.
    Now i should get it re-cored with copper core or i should all the way replace the whole radiator with a copper core radiator??

And secondly i flushed the heater core with the same 10% strong critic acid solution and as my radiator tore in parts lol i couldn't flush the heater core completly with the baking powder solution.. And i think there is some solution still in the heater core.. Should i be worried? Or get the radiator job done and then flush the whole system with baking powder solution so the heater core will be good to go.. ??

And secondly what are the symptoms of heater core leakage..??

Thanks in advance for all of your answers
    there is a huge difference in baking powder and baking soda... - go ask parchoon store for "khaanay ka soda"

to get all out of the heater core itself without involving the whole engine, move lever on dashboard to hot, remove pipes from engine - put a water pipe in it and open it up, it will remove anything in there. Then use a blower to remove all trapped water,
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    there is a huge difference in baking powder and baking soda... - go ask parchoon store for "khaanay ka soda"

to get all out of the heater core itself without involving the whole engine, move lever on dashboard to hot, remove pipes from engine - put a water pipe in it and open it up, it will remove anything in there. Then use a blower to remove all trapped water,
    Thanx bhai for your input.

By the way the radiator was oka it was just a leaking hose. (Lucky me, lol)

Today a put back the radiator and filled with tap water and start the car i noticed when i start the car the water get rusty (not that much but it does change color) what should i do?

And secondly i don't have a blow pipe i am just thinking to put the garden hose in the "out" hose and flow the water until it gets clean but i can't figure out how can i empty the heater core so that it is ready for the coolant..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wasim625

flush again with water multiple times the whole system not just the radiator, some rust also comes from over flow pipe and reservoir bottle that is why i changed every pipe.

disconnect the heater pipes and put garden hose to flow water till water gets clean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar bhai i also have alto vxr and new radiator is installed a month before but it is full of rust... Advise me too with steps what to do first and then...
    also want to know about the radiator bolt ... where it is located below.. have tried alot but i did'nt find that bolt from where the water is to be flushed from radiator ... please help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@moiz bro, I did flush my city thanks for the encouragement and the resources that you pointed out in the other thread . It went well. Though, new development is my car don't have any thermostat at all and the fans are direct ;(.

Now I have two queries. How much will it cost to install a thermostat and connect the fans to it? and the difficulty level of the task? and what should be the temperature rating of the thermostat? I have City 2002 1.3 MT. One more thing what's the optimal temperature indication on the temperature gauge?

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedamir View Post
    @moiz bro, I did flush my city thanks for the encouragement and the resources that you pointed out in the other thread . It went well. Though, new development is my car don't have any thermostat at all and the fans are direct ;(.

Now I have two queries. How much will it cost to install a thermostat and connect the fans to it? and the difficulty level of the task? and what should be the temperature rating of the thermostat? I have City 2002 1.3 MT. One more thing what's the optimal temperature indication on the temperature gauge?

Thanks
    good to hear that.
    thermostat will cost you around rs 1200 genuine, buy a new flange as well rs 250, its installation is 10 min job, just take out two bolts of flange, pull out flange, pull out thermostat, clean the area, install new flange with its packing/silicon and tight the bolts, let it dry for a while,done. Or any mechanic can do it for you.
    it think it will be 82 degree or 92 degree that i don't now.

First ensure system has no leaks, insert coolant then make fan auto, electrician will do that for you, 5 min job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umikhan2013 View Post
    @Xulfiqar bhai i also have alto vxr and new radiator is installed a month before but it is full of rust... Advise me too with steps what to do first and then...
    also want to know about the radiator bolt ... where it is located below.. have tried alot but i did'nt find that bolt from where the water is to be flushed from radiator ... please help
    drain plug is yellow in color at the bottom wall of the radiator. u can see it from above just under the radiator fan at corner

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Flushing completed of my hyundai Santro Club Gv. @MoizIrfan your thread made it possible for me thanx alot for sharing your experience mate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Flushing completed of my hyundai Santro Club Gv. @MoizIrfan your thread made it possible for me thanx alot for sharing your experience mate
    great use good quality coolant and enjoy peace of mind

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoizIrfan View Post
    great use good quality coolant and enjoy peace of mind
    Used Zic coolant, 4 liter pack.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoizIrfan View Post
    good to hear that.
    thermostat will cost you around rs 1200 genuine, buy a new flange as well rs 250, its installation is 10 min job, just take out two bolts of flange, pull out flange, pull out thermostat, clean the area, install new flange with its packing/silicon and tight the bolts, let it dry for a while,done. Or any mechanic can do it for you.
    it think it will be 82 degree or 92 degree that i don't now.

First ensure system has no leaks, insert coolant then make fan auto, electrician will do that for you, 5 min job.
    Thanks. I'll look into it. I do have to drain the coolant first before putting it in, right? Though, City's drain valve is parallel to the floor, which I guess is bit awkward position as you can't anticipate the position of the draining liquid. At first it pushes too far due to liquid pressure and then it starts getting back as the liquid level falls . It should have been in upright position as it's in Civic. Anyways, will figure something out .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BTW, I used ZIC too. 4 bottles of it. Though, I may have to buy another one for topping up the reservoir bottle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the honda thermostat is a 78C item, like the civic item - its at the back of the engine like all civic engines. You will have water trapped in the block after the flush, use a blower or compressed air to get all of it out.

flush without the T stat and ensure everything is nicely flushed and all water is removed (heater in dashboard also)

fill with coolant/water mix.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the honda thermostat is a 78C item, like the civic item - its at the back of the engine like all civic engines. You will have water trapped in the block after the flush, use a blower or compressed air to get all of it out.

flush without the T stat and ensure everything is nicely flushed and all water is removed (heater in dashboard also)

fill with coolant/water mix.
    Bhai best engine oil for santro?
    Engine 150k odo
    Genuine not opened k
    Or repaired.
    Used Zic A+ 2k odo with this oil still no oil reductions..

Suggest a good grade motor oil.. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If blower is unavailable, a vacuum cleaner (blower) can be used.

Normally vacuum cleaners have both suction and blow systems by changing pipe configurations.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I changed the radiator recently (just as a precautionary measure) coz water level was reducing in my radiator for a year now, tough no heating issues at all ALHAMD U LILLAH.

Car is margallah G13B.

Installed a Japanese replacement radiator and filled it with water just to verify that there was no reduction in water level.

After repeated checking i have seen that the water level drops (next morning) about 2 inches whenever i top it up in the radiator, however no reduction in the resevoir bottle.

Also there is no further reduction in the water level. i have stopped topping it up. no heating issue or any thing.

please confirm that its the normal water level in the radiator? Also the cap of my new radiator is with steam removal button.

i intend to change the water with a coolent in this week. probably will be shifting to either toyota or zic coolant. I believe suzuki oem coolant is no good.

please confirm regarding lower water level in the radiator consistently (with or without topping it up).

Also the color of water in the new radiator has changed a bit to brownish but not too rusty tough. I have been running the new radiator with tap water for a month now.

urgent help would be helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List