0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Alto VXR 2007: White dense smoke, engine burning oil and coolant

I have always changed Oil after every 2500-3000 kms and also check radiator water regularly. Since 3-4 days, car is heating frequently and the heat temp goes way beyond half (as my fan is direct)... And Engine oil is getting very less after a few kms (0.2-0.5 km after a fifty km drive)... Car is even drinking water after some kms of drive I have to refill a litre of water. Went to my mechanic and he suggested changing Rings and Head Gaskit as well as some other seals that i don't remember.

A total expense of around 8000-9000(including his labor of 3000). FYI, I have always used Caltex Havoline 10w-30 Oil. Could that be the culprit? What do you guys suggest? Show car to some other mechanic for problem discovery and estimation or maybe just change the gaskit only to see if its the only culprit. What options do you experts suggest?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Took the car to my old mechanic today. Gasket was in good condition, which means that this was not about the HG. Only 4 tiklis (as he was calling it) were tubed with magic and he bought a steel head gasket from pib colony worth rs 300. Changed the oil as water was mixed. And nothing else... I didn't had time today to make a test drive... just came home after a 4km drive... I will update this thread tomorrow after a medium test drive to see the temp levels and how much radiator water is getting decreased.. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hose pipes newly installed, radiator 1 year old and last week services, water body is good and revolving water checked by suzuki danish motors, margalla motors and one mechanic at jamshed road... everything is done... Just need to check heater pipes beneath the dash for leakage or blockage or anything... Well, there's no water on the floor mat, so might not be possible for a leakage... Still, I will check those out pretty soon... Now I just need a test drive to see what is the future of this car, should I keep it or should i sell it All depends on the test drive tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List