Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is this OIL switching Ok???

Assalam o Alaikum
    I own JDM alto 660cc K6A engine with ODO 237K. I am using 10W40 ZIC A engine oil.
    I read on pakwheel about CERATEC product of Liqui Moly. I went to Islamabad to purchase. The sales man convinced me to use liquid moly engine oil 15W40 as engine is old enough and 10W is not suitable. Although I have no problem with Zic A 10 W 40.
    But I got convinced by the salesman because I wanted to add CERATEC in the engine oil. As liqui moly(7000) engine oil has long drain interval as compared to Zic(5000). So I purchased engine oil along with CERATEC.
    1. Did I make right descion?
    2. Is it wise to shift from Zic 10w40 to liqui moly 15w 40?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this OIL switching Ok??? -1537039

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this OIL switching Ok??? -1537040

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ummm no, you made the wrong decision, was their any oil consumption or smoke issues on 10W-40?

this is just a simple mineral oil, nothing fancy about it, infact ZIC has more advanced API rating than this, your car requires thin oils, you should have been looking near fully or semi synthetic oils not this, Ceratec is a good addictive but the oil choice is poor so you wont see magic, your fuel consumption would remain same or maybe even worse with this mineral oil.

liqui moly 10W-40 MOS 2 was all you needed for your car, it wont hurt it at this milage and has mos 2 addictive,

and dont use drain interval of 7000km with this 15W-40 oil please, its just a mineral oil and your 660cc with small oil capacity will cook it very quickly, you may use 7000km with semi synthetic oil at least.

but hey if you already bought it its okay, just change at 5000km, its not a bad oil, i used to use it in my big generator its just that you have been misguided by just the brand name and didn't look at the specs.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    ummm no, you made the wrong decision, was their any oil consumption or smoke issues on 10W-40?

this is just a simple mineral oil, nothing fancy about it, infact ZIC has more advanced API rating than this, your car requires thin oils, you should have been looking near fully or semi synthetic oils not this, Ceratec is a good addictive but the oil choice is poor so you wont see magic, your fuel consumption would remain same or maybe even worse with this mineral oil.

liqui moly 10W-40 MOS 2 was all you needed for your car, it wont hurt it at this milage and has mos 2 addictive,

and dont use drain interval of 7000km with this 15W-40 oil please, its just a mineral oil and your 660cc with small oil capacity will cook it very quickly, you may use 7000km with semi synthetic oil at least.

but hey if you already bought it its okay, just change at 5000km, its not a bad oil, i used to use it in my big generator its just that you have been misguided by just the brand name and didn't look at the specs.
    Thanx dear for comprehensive reply.
    I was confused and was not happy of my choice. I was planning to add Zic XQ 5w40 after reading a thread on pakwheel but unfortunately i got convinced by the the salesman. I have no problem with ZiC 10w40. should i used 5w40 fully synthetic??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After reading this thread is was thinking to add Zic XQ 5w40.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...problem-solved

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all 5W-40, 10W-40 and 15W-40 have same hot viscosity, so there should not be any issue with using 5W-40 especially as its fully synthetic and API SN, however just make sure your engine seals are in good order as although oil may not be consumed because of being fully synthetic like in the thread you mentioned, it may still leak and drip to the ground and be consumed that way as it would be much thinner at cold and in cold starts.

but since your engine doest have any problems you may use it, if face any issues revert back to 10W-40 and carry on, at this milage you dont need to do many experiments with your car

by the way liqui moly makes excellent 5W-40 oil but bit expensive, so use ZIC first and if no problem then you can try liqui moly too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all 5W-40, 10W-40 and 15W-40 have same hot viscosity, so there should not be any issue with using 5W-40 especially as its fully synthetic and API SN, however just make sure your engine seals are in good order as although oil may not be consumed because of being fully synthetic like in the thread you mentioned, it may still leak and drip to the ground and be consumed that way as it would be much thinner at cold and in cold starts.

but since your engine doest have any problems you may use it, if face any issues revert back to 10W-40 and carry on, at this milage you dont need to do many experiments with your car

by the way liqui moly makes excellent 5W-40 oil but bit expensive, so use ZIC first and if no problem then you can try liqui moly too
    Really a great help dear, actually there was no 10w 40 in stock so i have to purchase 15w40. Ok i also purchased MoS2 oil additive which liqui moly 10w40 have.
    Now i am thinking to use 5w40 Zic XQ with MoS2 and Ceratec? is it ok or should i used ceratec only at first and the MoS2 fuel additive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtiaq778 View Post
    Really a great help dear, actually there was no 10w 40 in stock so i have to purchase 15w40. Ok i also purchased MoS2 oil additive which liqui moly 10w40 have.
    Now i am thinking to use 5w40 Zic XQ with MoS2 and Ceratec? is it ok or should i used ceratec only at first and the MoS2 fuel additive
    hmm so many oil addictives

well there shouldn't be any harm i guess, @tintin1 used ceratech with 10W-40 mos 2 oil he could guide in that regard, his oil already had mos2

if i were you i would use ceratec first and mos2 at second oil change, as ceratech needs time to complete its coating you shouldn't drain it before 5000km, so as you would be adding mos2 separately you may want to wait. so that it doesnt interfere with the coating process.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great, i ll do the same as u suggested thanx alot dear. God bless u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you use shell helix you don't need any additives. Shell being an oil company is blending its own oil while all others are after-market oil buyers and getting 3rd party blending with their name tag. SHELL HELIX all the way is very own OEM product available in PK. Toyota Indus is getting OEM packing from Shell and selling at premium - try sampling from a lab and smile ear to ear for the results
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o Alaikum
    I own JDM alto 660cc K6A engine with ODO 237K. I am using 10W40 ZIC A engine oil.
    I read on pakwheel about CERATEC product of Liqui Moly. I went to Islamabad to purchase. The sales man convinced me to use liquid moly engine oil 15W40 as engine is old enough and 10W is not suitable. Although I have no problem with Zic A 10 W 40.
    But I got convinced by the salesman because I wanted to add CERATEC in the engine oil. As liqui moly(7000) engine oil has long drain interval as compared to Zic(5000). So I purchased engine oil along with CERATEC.
    You may go for 5w40; 5w30.
    Don't use 10W40 or 15W40.
    Best is full synthetic 5w30.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm so many oil addictives

well there shouldn't be any harm i guess, @tintin1 used ceratech with 10W-40 mos 2 oil he could guide in that regard, his oil already had mos2

if i were you i would use ceratec first and mos2 at second oil change, as ceratech needs time to complete its coating you shouldn't drain it before 5000km, so as you would be adding mos2 separately you may want to wait. so that it doesnt interfere with the coating process.
    Sir, I didn't use mos2.
    I used Liqui Moly Super Leichtlauf 10W-40 alongwith Ceratec. Its totally Mineral oil of SL grade. The oil cost Rs. 3000/4L and Ceratec Rs. 2600/300 ml.
    My experience was good. Thumbs up for LM.
    Right now I've crossed 3600 km on this oil and have planned to change it after completing 4000km.
    At next oil change, I will use MOS2 only and will drive it 5~6K.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o Alaikum
    Sir, its very wrong choice indeed.
    This 15W-40 oil for Diesel engines. Why that guy recommending to use it in your 660cc car?

Though your car is driving 237K but you should keep it on 10w-40 only.
    LM MOS2 10w-40 can be best choice for you.

I know you have made expensive choice of oil, but believe me these are not costly if you compare it with engine over hauling.
    Better to drain this oil if you've poured it. And tell that person that don't recommend the diesel engine oil to petrol engines. Specially for 660cc cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Sir, its very wrong choice indeed.
    This 15W-40 oil for Diesel engines. Why that guy recommending to use it in your 660cc car?

Though your car is driving 237K but you should keep it on 10w-40 only.
    LM MOS2 10w-40 can be best choice for you.

I know you have made expensive choice of oil, but believe me these are not costly if you compare it with engine over hauling.
    Better to drain this oil if you've poured it. And tell that person that don't recommend the diesel engine oil to petrol engines. Specially for 660cc cars.
    Is this OIL switching Ok??? - 1439 200 100
    Formula Super 15W-40

Mineral motor oil. Provides a stable lubricating film. Provides the ideal oil pressure under all operating conditions. High safety reserves under extreme loads.
    article number: 1439
    bundle: 1 l Canister plastic
    palette content: 600
    packing unit: 6 STK
    language: D

Intended use

All-year oil for petrol and diesel engines. Especially suitable for older vehicles - also with retrofit catalytic converter. Tested safe with catalytic converters and turbochargers.Approvals

ACEA A2 ; ACEA B3 ; ACEA E3 ; Allison C4 ; API CF ; API CF-4 ; API SJ ; Caterpillar TO-2 ; MIL-L 2104 E ; MIL-L 46152 D ; Volvo VDS

LIQUI MOLY recommends this product for vehicles with the following specifications: MAN 271 ; MB 228.1 ; MTU Typ 1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    Now i am confused weither to use Zic XQ 5w40 (Fully Synthetic) or Zic A 10W40? I want to keep ceratec in the engine as long as it can be. Fully synthetic a little long drain interval that is why i am thinking to use it but as upcoming weather, will 5w ok???
    Manual recomened oil is 5w30 in winter and 10w30 in summer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this OIL switching Ok??? - 1439 200 100
    Formula Super 15W-40

Mineral motor oil. Provides a stable lubricating film. Provides the ideal oil pressure under all operating conditions. High safety reserves under extreme loads.
    article number: 1439
    bundle: 1 l Canister plastic
    palette content: 600
    packing unit: 6 STK
    language: D

Intended use

All-year oil for petrol and diesel engines. Especially suitable for older vehicles - also with retrofit catalytic converter. Tested safe with catalytic converters and turbochargers.Approvals

ACEA A2 ; ACEA B3 ; ACEA E3 ; Allison C4 ; API CF ; API CF-4 ; API SJ ; Caterpillar TO-2 ; MIL-L 2104 E ; MIL-L 46152 D ; Volvo VDS

LIQUI MOLY recommends this product for vehicles with the following specifications: MAN 271 ; MB 228.1 ; MTU Typ 1

ACEA A2
    It means: Standard performance level.

ACEA B3
    It means: High performance and / or extended drain

ACEA E3

API CF-4
    This standard is for Diesel engine oils.

API SJ
    This standard is for 2001 or older vehicles.

If someone have 10~15 years old Diesel engine, then this oil & standards are perfectly suitable.
    But using this oil for 660cc car,.... I cannot expect what results would be!!!

For your ref, all the liqui moly oils are equally useable for Petrol & Diesel Engines also. But all the products have recommendations and priorities according to vehicle specifications.
    And the first priority of this 15w-40 oil is for Diesel engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    ACEA A2
    It means: Standard performance level.

ACEA B3

ACEA E3

API CF-4
    This standard is for Diesel engine oils.

API SJ
    This standard is for 2001 or older vehicles.

If someone have 10~15 years old Diesel engine, then this oil & standards are perfectly suitable.
    But using this oil for 660cc car,.... I cannot expect what results would be!!!

For your ref, all the liqui moly oils are equally useable for Petrol & Diesel Engines also. But all the products have recommendations and priorities according to vehicle specifications.
    And the first priority of this 15w-40 oil is for Diesel engine.
    Thanx dear, now i m convinced not to use 15w40 of liqui moly. I ll used same 10w40 Zic or 5w40 zic fully synthetic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why don't you try Caltex Formula 10w 30?
    And do share results after using CERATEC.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmankhan_627 View Post
    why don't you try Caltex Formula 10w 30?
    And do share results after using CERATEC.
    i have driven 4000 km with Zic 10w40.I have to wait 1000km more for CERATec experience.
    Dear 10w40 is very much suitable as mine car engine is old 235K driven, I dont wana take any risk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List