Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Buying Local Alto for my use, please help me buying it

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Buying Local Alto for my use, please help me buying it

    Salam,

    Basically i am looking to buy alto for my personal use in islamabad.

    I have found alto which has 30k on odo and is 2011 reg, blue colour. asking price for that alto is 7 lakh. isb reg. No CNG. ( i dont need cng version anyways as i look forward to run my car on petrol)

    First thing first i should tell you that i have '0' knowledge of cars, and the friend who went to see the above mentioned car has no knowledge either the only experience he has is that he also use an alto.

    Car is completely clean (to my eye), seats looks almost new and interior lights, exterior lights and all the bits and bobs looks almost new to me. little tiny scratch on rear bumper and front right bumper. and a little knock of hailstorm (only one mark) on the bonnet right corner the dent of hail is very very tiny.

    other thn that the engine looks very very neat and the lubricant white bottles look completely white and are not pale just like when you open the bonnet of the car of a new car you see white lubricant bottles.


    Question i would like you guys to answer before i hand over the guy pay order of my hard earned money:

    1- What should i look in interior which would really reflect the originality of the car? if meter revversed or anything?

    2- what should i look under the bonnet which could define the health of the engine? note that this car has never been used on cng and no cng has not been installed in it and always ran on petrol and i will run it on petrol too.

    3- i have heard alto has REALLY REALLY bad mileage and i asked few people they say local alto gives only 6-8 km per litre. this car is not the CNG version and has only run on petrol so will the mileage of this car be better?


    4- how should i test the suspension of the car if its in healthy state and how should i diagnose the body of the car if it has been repaired or repainted? to me the car look flawless from doors and fenders but very very slight scratched on rear bumper corner and front bumper corners.


    Thank you very much.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Anyone........................?

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sk_020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,316
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    - First of all if you have 0 knowledge about cars, I'd suggest you getting it checked by some expert for repaints and accidents. Don't just trust the seller blindly and hand over the pay order at any cost.

    - Secondly yes. You heard it right. Mileage of alto really really sucks. It doesn't go beyond 9km/l at max.

    For checking if meter is reversed or not, check the condition of driving seat. If car is less driven, the seat should be properly aligned compared to the other seats of the car.
    Check the condition of race/brake/clutch pedal rubber and steering condition and also look for the gear knob and cloth attached beneath the gear knob. If wear and tear is more than usual then it will be a meter reversed car.

    For checking suspension. Take the test drive of car and drive it on a bit more speed on bumps. If it rattles or create metallic noises while going over bumps, it needs suspension work and if car jumps/bounces more than usual over uneven roads, it indicates that shocks have completed their life.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KeiWorks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,298
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Answers as follows:
    1. You can not check much of the interior. If you want to confirm model of car check manufacturing date on seatbelt tags. Otherwise of all things are neat you are good to go. Check for any loose things around the meter area.
    2. Check for any signs of damage or repairs around the frame near headlights. Along the fender area to the fire wall. Engine should be soundless and clean.
    3.100% correct about the average. Driving environment effects the mileage. Carbuerator cars have bad average.
    4. Drive the car on bumpy road or drive it offroad(kacha) observe any unusual sounds. If its all good you should not hear any sound.

    Another tip is to get the car completely checked by a well known mechanic/denter too.
    Experts can guide you better.
    Hope it helps

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    - First of all if you have 0 knowledge about cars, I'd suggest you getting it checked by some expert for repaints and accidents. Don't just trust the seller blindly and hand over the pay order at any cost.

    - Secondly yes. You heard it right. Mileage of alto really really sucks. It doesn't go beyond 9km/l at max.

    For checking if meter is reversed or not, check the condition of driving seat. If car is less driven, the seat should be properly aligned compared to the other seats of the car.
    Check the condition of race/brake/clutch pedal rubber and steering condition and also look for the gear knob and cloth attached beneath the gear knob. If wear and tear is more than usual then it will be a meter reversed car.

    For checking suspension. Take the test drive of car and drive it on a bit more speed on bumps. If it rattles or create metallic noises while going over bumps, it needs suspension work and if car jumps/bounces more than usual over uneven roads, it indicates that shocks have completed their life.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeiWorks12 View Post
    Answers as follows:
    1. You can not check much of the interior. If you want to confirm model of car check manufacturing date on seatbelt tags. Otherwise of all things are neat you are good to go. Check for any loose things around the meter area.
    2. Check for any signs of damage or repairs around the frame near headlights. Along the fender area to the fire wall. Engine should be soundless and clean.
    3.100% correct about the average. Driving environment effects the mileage. Carbuerator cars have bad average.
    4. Drive the car on bumpy road or drive it offroad(kacha) observe any unusual sounds. If its all good you should not hear any sound.

    Another tip is to get the car completely checked by a well known mechanic/denter too.
    Experts can guide you better.
    Hope it helps

    Thank you very much kind fellows for your comments.


    So basically what you guys are saying is no matter what condition the alto is in it will not give me good mileage?

    Car has only been used on petrol and had/has no cng kit installed, does that make any difference in terms of mileage improvements?

    there are no bruises or dents around whatsoever but i inspected the car yesterday at night so i will take a mechanic with me and check the car well enough in the sunlight.

    Can you guys tellme buying alto is a good decision in 7 lakh as thats the money i have to spend not a single rupee more.

    the above mentioned alto.!!! is it worth 7 lakh?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    I would ask you to get a cultus instead, your budget is ample to get a nice clean cultus. Cultus has more space, is more comfortable and alot more economical.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    I would ask you to get a cultus instead, your budget is ample to get a nice clean cultus. Cultus has more space, is more comfortable and alot more economical.
    sir i cant find any good cultus in this price range, and cultus is a little more expensive to maintain isnt it?

    how come cultus is more economical, cultus has a better engine? i thought both alto and cultus have same engine.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro get a 660cc japnese alto in 7 lakhs u can get an 08 09 clean one
    leave cultus or any other car
    japnese alto is better
    better fuel avg
    auto gear
    better build quality
    spacious than local alto
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    sir i cant find any good cultus in this price range, and cultus is a little more expensive to maintain isnt it?

    how come cultus is more economical, cultus has a better engine? i thought both alto and cultus have same engine.
    the engines are very different, alto is torque-y while cultus is economical, maintenance price is the same. whats your final budget, i shall help you get one

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    the engines are very different, alto is torque-y while cultus is economical, maintenance price is the same. whats your final budget, i shall help you get one
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    bro get a 660cc japnese alto in 7 lakhs u can get an 08 09 clean one
    leave cultus or any other car
    japnese alto is better
    better fuel avg
    auto gear
    better build quality
    spacious than local alto

    salam,

    my final budget is 7 lakh. that's it.

    Pakistan has the most expensive cars in the world

    i have checked all the 660 cars, none of them fall around 7 lakh and only car esse falls in that category that too 2007 or before that.

    i really want a japanese but the is non available in this money and that too around or below 30,000 km.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    salam,

    my final budget is 7 lakh. that's it.

    Pakistan has the most expensive cars in the world

    i have checked all the 660 cars, none of them fall around 7 lakh and only car esse falls in that category that too 2007 or before that.

    i really want a japanese but the is non available in this money and that too around or below 30,000 km.
    I can get you a 2007 alto in 7, not an issue. Remove the 30k condition and get a vehicle in pristine condition

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    aa78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    704
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Don't forget to verify Chassis and Engine numbers according to registration documents/book, etc.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    ekfaysal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    in my opinion Pakistani Alto on petrol in 7Lakh is not wise. it can do amazingly good on CNG .but on petrol its not good. terrible i have heard.
    if looking for a petrol vehicle. Go for a JDM alto
    beating my current record for number of consecutive days alive

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    humayun.chughtai.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    According to me, alto is a very crap car manufactured by pak suzuki, it is a real gas guzzler ! Go for cultus or coure, which is easily available in your range ! Otherwise, JDM Alto is also a good option. But once again, never ever go for alto, its not a car, its donkey cart !


    Sent from my iPhone using touch screen

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    So do you want a 660 alto or a cultus?

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Salam,

    Thank you all very much for suggestions.

    I have alhamdulilah Bought 2011 Alto VXR with 35,000 on odo and is in prestine condition, i will update with pictures.

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    Salam,

    Thank you all very much for suggestions.

    I have alhamdulilah Bought 2011 Alto VXR with 35,000 on odo and is in prestine condition, i will update with pictures.
    Budy if u want fuel avg on petrol
    U will need to change jets
    Which will sacrifise pick
    80 and 130 jets are best for it
    Good luck and also alto xan be fitted with power steering etc
    Alto owners and fan club check it
    And congrats
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •