Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Strange noise from car kar kar.

Salam guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. My Alto 2007 VXR is having some issues. I hear kar karr sound sometimes (it sometimes get worse and sometimes vanishes). I went to mechanic he said timing belt issues we need to open and check. After inquiring about Approximate price for the work he said "sir khole gai to pta lage ga" . Please help what are possible solutions and what is actually this timing belt? and why is it making kar kar sound..
    Belt needs to be changed or what..
    One more issue, very little bit oil is leaking from my alto mechanic said nozle of head (something like that) needs to be replaced what is the cost of it? and isn't only an oil filter can cause leakage ? Mechanic said oil filter is ok..
    please reply i am going to mechanic soon so need to know

Ammad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can be several possibilities for both problems
    you can take a second opinion from some other mechanic to re confirm what the first one said is right or not
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    can be several possibilities for both problems
    you can take a second opinion from some other mechanic to re confirm what the first one said is right or not
    I will go to my main mechanic tomorrow to get it fixed. But this mechanic handed me over those instruments doctors have to check sound and it came from exact that location !
    What is price of timing belt of Alto VXR ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can be many reasons for this strange noise that u described but first you should figure out of this noise is actually engine noise or some suspension noise.... when the car is stopped and is idling, can you hear the noise?? rev the engine and hear for the noise... if the noise is coming and gets loud or increases with rpm then it is an engine noise.... get your tappets checked and valve clearances.... if the noise is not present in idling and starts when vehicle is moving and maximum in 2nd and 3rd gear then it is a faulty CV joint probably an axle inner CV joints.... waisay you should visit this link Sounds Like Trouble: A Quick Guide to Diagnosing Common Engine Noises - OnAllCylinders

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon959 View Post
    can be many reasons for this strange noise that u described but first you should figure out of this noise is actually engine noise or some suspension noise.... when the car is stopped and is idling, can you hear the noise?? rev the engine and hear for the noise... if the noise is coming and gets loud or increases with rpm then it is an engine noise.... get your tappets checked and valve clearances.... if the noise is not present in idling and starts when vehicle is moving and maximum in 2nd and 3rd gear then it is a faulty CV joint probably an axle inner CV joints.... waisay you should visit this link Sounds Like Trouble: A Quick Guide to Diagnosing Common Engine Noises - OnAllCylinders
    Thanks for your response
    Noise is there when car starts even on idle. Its not engine noise. I asked from a driver too he said some belt noise.
    What is valve clearance?

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List