0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Starting problem in "ALTO" even in summer

Guys i have suzuki-alto. It has starting problem.when ever i start the car in the morning in summers even ,it takes to much time on cng but it starts later on.I have done the tuning from many people but no use.
    Can u tell me the problem or tell me any good mechanic in LAHORE.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

change battery and battery terminals wiring, having same problem, but after this m satisfied now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check airfilter n sparkplugs if worn replace...besides this get ur tappets adjusted!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how can we know dat tappets r perfectly adjusted??? any signs of it??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

car will start better,acceleration will b better and ull feel tht car halki chal rahi hai n khul keh chal rahi hai besides this u wont feel ny rough idling n consumption shall improve till a certain limit!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check the dynamo and/or distributor cap.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its common problem of ALTO.
    plz do the following:
    whenever start your car in morning, miss the first self by rotating ignition for few seconds without pressing accelerator pedal.
    Then stat the car by pressing accelrator slightly. the car will start.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ aamriq

you are funny. What do the tappets have to do with hard start? Explain please. Even air filter wont cause this problem. Battery and terminals are not the cause of this problem as the car starts fine when warm.

try changing the plugs. Replace the distrubutor cap and check for timing.

btw what was done during the tuning?
    Large displacement and nothing else!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't you start the car on petrol first in the morning? I read on one of the theard on PW that people start the car on petrol first when engine gets warmed up then switch to CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@displacement

i think ur funnier!any cng car will start jus fine when warm...he has a problem with cold starting meaning tappets jam hein coz on cng tappets waisay hee jam ho jatay hein thus causing hard starts when the car is cold!i don think so u live in pk so u wudnt know
    in other words tappet adjustment is even called valve adjustment this helps keh valve kitna khulayga etc etc...agar aus ki adjustment out hogi masla karayga when the car is cold,ais ka tappets tight hongay ais leeyay masla karti hai subah!
    and the distributor cap has nothing 2 do with it he can jus inspect it visually!but i highly doubt it keh distributor cap is the problem!agar yeh plugs change kar b deh koi itna khas farq nai parhna unless tappets r adjusted ulta aun new plugs par b zada wear n tear honay lagayga coz hell b cranking the car for longer thus putting load on everything!toh tappet ka masla hee hai!coz i remember when i use 2 drive on cng my tappets use 2 get jam after every 5000km!
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chaudry1

bhai jitni tuning karani hai karalo n jiss seh b karani hai unless u get ur tappets adjusted koi farq nai parhnay wala!
    tumari car kitni km chal chuki hai?
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aamriq

Your theory just surprised me. Why would you need to adjust tappets on CNG engines?. I never heard of a car hard starting due to valve tappets. If the tappets bad, the cylinder effected will constantly misfire. The engine will be noticeably slower, the idle speed will be lower, sometimes the engine will shudder.

Technology is all the same Yeah.. we don't have cng engines here but all the technology goes from here. NOW dont say suzuki's technology is all different from Gm or Ford.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first tell me that which model u got and its mileage.
    There is nothing in this world that can end your potentials for doing something..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i once got the tappets adjusted from a mechanic..and after 1 month i think i got it to the show room and they adjusted da tappets...he told me dat CNG KI ADVANDED THEY TUNNING...wot does dis mean??
    but after the tunning the car from mechanic was like going to high rpm quickly wid a little push on pedal...however when show room mechanic did tappets and tunning then car was again same like it was before my mechnic did the tunning...dis is so confusing...dun no wot they ppl do...dun know who did gud... i m thinking to getg the tunning doone again from my mechanic..it has been 2 months from last tunning which was at show room..plz sugguest wot to do...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I told you man. Its not the tappets problem. Who ever says so is just crazy.

why don't you tell what was included in the tuning?

Plugs, wires, distributor cap?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is a common problem with all alto's even the brand new ones. Got a brand new one and always get a mix response from ppl. Ame ppl say get the tappets done some say it the plugs and the wire or self. Some say dont mess around with it as u will mess the whole thing up.Early start k liey i pull the choke on and start on and leave that for a minute or so, rest of the day it works fine. But i do feel that the car is heavier to drive. if u get it fix kindly mail me with the solution will apply it tooo. thnx
    Toyota All The Way !!!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont know bro adjusting tappets r always worked for me since day1!the very first day i got my car the car wudnt start every morning it wud but after 6-7 tries!after i got the tappets adjusted pehlay self mein hee start hoti thi!i think every car tht they build is different n they have poor quality control n all i know is tht pak suzuki sux!

@desperate
    bhaijaan gm and ford ki kuch toh qadar karein how can u compare such mahaan kissam companies wit pak suzuki!its more like napak suzuki cing the quality tht they hav 2 offer!n 1 thing more petrol par tappets dont require adjustment but on cng they do!i duno the theory behind this but on petrol my tappets never got jammed but on cng they use 2 get jam after 4000-5000km!but its recommended tht tappets b checked after every 10,000km!i have a car book its even written in tht!

n the way my theory surprised u the sameway pak suzuki surprises us

@kashif
    bro ur mechanic must hav no set the tappets correctly according 2 the specified specification!
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@displacement

n bro 1 thing more...im talking abt tappet adjustment for carby cars not efi! efi cars have hydraulic tappets they dont need adjustment!if i sed keh efi car keh tappets need adjustment n u sed watever u did i wud agree with u!here ill even attach a pic of the tappets of my car!

Starting problem in ALTO even in summer -848247

woh haath mechanic ka hai checking the gap of th tappet using a feeler gauge!the upper tappets never get jam or hardly get jam in rare cases!its mostly the neechay wala set tht get jam!
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    @displacement

n bro 1 thing more...im talking abt tappet adjustment for carby cars not efi! efi cars have hydraulic tappets they dont need adjustment!if i sed keh efi car keh tappets need adjustment n u sed watever u did i wud agree with u!here ill even attach a pic of the tappets of my car!

Starting problem in ALTO even in summer -848247

woh haath mechanic ka hai checking the gap of th tappet using a feeler gauge!the upper tappets never get jam or hardly get jam in rare cases!its mostly the neechay wala set tht get jam!
    @aamirq, which are upper tappets and which are lower tappets??can u please mark.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List