Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Skill
  • 2 Post By chinyoti
  • 1 Post By Saad44
  • 2 Post By Skill

Thread: Baleno having jerks (jhatkay):P on second gear only on CNG

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Saad44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Baleno having jerks (jhatkay):P on second gear only on CNG

    AOA,

    I have Suzuki baleno 1.3 GLI-P.
    these days it has started giving gerks after shifting to second gear on CNG which some times include one or two small backfires(Car's pick is still good).
    On patrol it is going smooth.
    I have cleaned crank sensor and throttle sensor etc.
    Also throttle body is being serviced.
    But the adjustment of gas has reduced the jerks a bit but still it gives jerks
    and i m worried about backfires.

    what do you suggest??
    thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,957
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    for some reason i suspect the coils. do get a compression test to see if the back fires are normal, what is the mileage?
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    smartdevil_striker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,359
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The Culprit is Coils... get them checked and replace it ASAP if needed!!
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Never water wash you engine,check the plugs and wires,tightly close the airfilter box,check the air filter too because back fires damage the air filter too,which advancer/emulator are you using for cng?
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  5. 28-09-2011, 11:26 AM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    spam

  6. #5
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    Never water wash you engine,check the plugs and wires,tightly close the airfilter box,check the air filter too because back fires damage the air filter too,which advancer/emulator are you using for cng?
    if it was the plugs the car would jerk on all gears
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  7. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shqamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,715
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    if it was the plugs the car would jerk on all gears
    +1
    Crackwheels.com

  8. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asim510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    baleno is a pathetic car on CNG, COILS issue, errrrrrrrhhhhh, i sold it for this reason

  9. #8
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asim510 View Post
    baleno is a pathetic car on CNG, COILS issue, errrrrrrrhhhhh, i sold it for this reason
    this does not help in solving the posters problem ,does it?refrain from posting off topic replies,they wil be deleted eventually
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  10. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,951
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Duh, Y on earth do we start making assumption when we dont know the ground realities? :/

    -The guy said its a Gli-p model, hence before 2002,
    -Before 2002, Baleno didnt had Coils on the tapet cover.
    -The minute jerk in the 2nd gear is in all Balenos, Its just related to how u let go the clutch, and accelerate the car.

    -The spark plugs can be a culprits. Reason being your cars jerking on low rpms.
    -The dirty airfilter could be blocking air intake of the car.

    Youll need to elaborate a little further misfiring and jerking are seperate things. Some sensor could also have gone bad.

    -Theres also a chance of jam tapets, Get them adjusted as well.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  11. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Saad44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thank you all for ur suggestions.

    it is 2000 model...
    @margallar:checked the coils no problem with them.milage is 300K Kms)
    @skill:i have this car for last one year and i have never washed its engine during this time.Air filter box is tight and air filter is new and is not burned as the backfires are minute ones.
    @jz: you are rite because if it were coils, then it should give problem on patrol as well na??

    Also i want to let you know that it really depends on clutch, if i engage clutch for longer time on shifting to 2nd gear,it reduces jerks.
    wot do you say about servicing CNG kit?? it is not being serviced for the last 2 years i guess.

  12. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Saad44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well the problem is solved ALHAMDULILLAH when CNG kit is serviced.

  13. #12
    Newbie Follow
    chfawadhussain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Jerks on low gear only when on petrol

    Hi all,

    I own a baleno 1.3 model 2003. I have been facing a problem recently with my car on petrol, When i press the accelerator slightly on low gear the car starts jerking and makes it really uncomfortable, Initially it gave a sound from under the bonnet as well but i got that checked and it was the other end of the 'GODA' that created sound when the car jerked. I got it checked and got the boot refilled with grease so now i do not get a sound at the jerks.

    But i want to know if there is any solution to the Jerks cause these obviously it occurs due to some problem as i never had em,

    I have heard it might be an O2 sensor or it can also be TPS (throttle position sensor). I am hopefully going to get this TPS checked but has anyone had such problems only on petrol because my car runs fine on CNG.

  14. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    if it was the plugs the car would jerk on all gears
    there were many other parts which i suggested him to check beside plugs any way his ride is ok now.
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  15. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chfawadhussain View Post
    Hi all,

    I own a baleno 1.3 model 2003. I have been facing a problem recently with my car on petrol, When i press the accelerator slightly on low gear the car starts jerking and makes it really uncomfortable, Initially it gave a sound from under the bonnet as well but i got that checked and it was the other end of the 'GODA' that created sound when the car jerked. I got it checked and got the boot refilled with grease so now i do not get a sound at the jerks.

    But i want to know if there is any solution to the Jerks cause these obviously it occurs due to some problem as i never had em,

    I have heard it might be an O2 sensor or it can also be TPS (throttle position sensor). I am hopefully going to get this TPS checked but has anyone had such problems only on petrol because my car runs fine on CNG.
    baleno usually demand a bit more press of the pedal when moving from a stationary state.
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  16. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    khan3900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Jhatkay in Baleno

    please change ur coil

  17. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onlyfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,934
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    the most reasonable replies are given by @chinioti and skill..
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

  18. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmancnpp82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Layyah
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Adjust idle air controll valve

  19. 29-09-2014, 01:21 PM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    commercial selling

  20. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    civic85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Tighten your Air Filter cover with additional tight-able clip.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •