18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Overhauling Suggestions and advice needed

Car Details: Suzuki Baleno VXR 2004 Model, around 145k KM driven.

So, One day I started my car and it blown some smoke so I checked the oil and it was empty bucket and this happened in 2-3 months again so I get it checked and repaired and the mechanic said that the timing seal was leaked and the reason behind frequent seal leak is pistons' life and you'll have to overhaul or change the engine. Can you people help me on this? And another thing, what are some advantages of overhauling and engine change. I think chasis number will be changed if I replace the engine. Please help me out on this because oil seal leaks on regular basis and I am sure those are seals which leaks because I have got it checked to different mechanics on every time it leaks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranuh View Post
    Car Details: Suzuki Baleno VXR 2004 Model, around 145k KM driven.

So, One day I started my car and it blown some smoke so I checked the oil and it was empty bucket and this happened in 2-3 months again so I get it checked and repaired and the mechanic said that the timing seal was leaked and the reason behind frequent seal leak is pistons' life and you'll have to overhaul or change the engine. Can you people help me on this? And another thing, what are some advantages of overhauling and engine change. I think chasis number will be changed if I replace the engine. Please help me out on this because oil seal leaks on regular basis and I am sure those are seals which leaks because I have got it checked to different mechanics on every time it leaks.
    Mechanics cant repair engines because they aren't capable and dont have proper tools so they find is easier to the change the engine which too they tend top screw up
    No the chassis number is not changed but the engine no. is different so you need to get it updated on the registration book for that you need to get a letter from ETO

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Mechanics cant repair engines because they aren't capable and dont have proper tools so they find is easier to the change the engine which too they tend top screw up
    No the chassis number is not changed but the engine no. is different so you need to get it updated on the registration book for that you need to get a letter from ETO
    ETO? Sorry I am not aware.
    And changing the engine was merely a suggestion but what I really am trying to ask is if it really needs overhauling or something. Is this condition familiar? Pistons have gap in them and they are pumping back the oil and that's the reason engine seals leak every 2-3 months and if it really needs overhauling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranuh View Post
    ETO? Sorry I am not aware.
    And changing the engine was merely a suggestion but what I really am trying to ask is if it really needs overhauling or something. Is this condition familiar? Pistons have gap in them and they are pumping back the oil and that's the reason engine seals leak every 2-3 months and if it really needs overhauling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    ETO= Excise and taxation office
    sorry but im a noob about engines

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think there is nothing harm in overhauling the engine, but choose good workshop, i even see old cars with engine overhaul twice. With engine swap market value is down, you don't exactly know about engine condition is, need some paper work as well. I overhauled my Suzuki Mehran from Shamim autos in 2011, it is right next to Shell petrol pump near Mukka chowk, My car done 35k kilometer since then and running fine Alhumdulillah, they will charge you high but they have proper tools and equipment to get the job done.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    I think there is nothing harm in overhauling the engine, but choose good workshop, i even see old cars with engine overhaul twice. With engine swap market value is down, you don't exactly know about engine condition is, need some paper work as well. I overhauled my Suzuki Mehran from Shamim autos in 2011, it is right next to Shell petrol pump near Mukka chowk, My car done 35k kilometer since then and running fine Alhumdulillah, they will charge you high but they have proper tools and equipment to get the job done.
    Well, yes there is no harm overhauling you engine but it does harm your pocket so why overhaul engine when it isnt needed, thats what I am trying to ask if this problem needs overhauling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

10 years old car with 145k on odo, it suggest that most of the part inside engine even if fine will create issue sooner, so it is better to spend some money and be in peace of mind, because cost of opening the engine and inconvenience of unavailability of car when it stands at the workshop for maintenance can be more frustrating. With engine overhaul you don't need to replace everything, like my car's clutch plate was fine so it was not changed, Also you can buy engine parts yourself to be sure of genuine quality and price.

I also learned it the hard way, i have a similar situation with white smoke and oil level decreasing, you should not run your car longer in this condition because it will do more harm to engine running on low oil levels.

How is the power of the engine ? Any heat up issues ? I think good mechanic can tell you after revving the engine and the sound it creates and the smoke it blows.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine overhaul means shaved head, everything installed without proper specs atleast they dont inspect. Their hands are the best gauges. Their thoughts superceed the workshop owner manual...... ofcourse if they have one.

Go for swap, rebuild is not a good option. Its not bad to change the engine. If you are going to sell the car then sell it but buyer knows the engine is replaced and is in good nick. So dont worry. Find a good guy and do a engine change.
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my civic vti engine overhauled recently no such problems till now you just have ti guide the mechanic accordingly ..and keep eyes on things ..what if the engine you swap starts reducing oil as well coz they are driven for thousands of kms

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using PW Forums mobile app
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get it rebuilt from a good place. Swap is not piece of cake either. you will keep hunting down error codes for months........
    None of the brave deserve fair....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is my rebuild thread just for an idea
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...il-suggestions
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why would you overhaul the engine when the timing seal is leaking? Get the cylinder compression checked, only that can tell you the real health of your engine. Get a genuine timing seal, the cheap ones tend to leak more often. Also when you get an oil change, check for over filling as that too causes seals to leak. 145k for these newer motors is just the run in period!

There's a good mechanic near your place, I'll text you his details tomorrow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when undoing the main pulley make sure the mechanic does not use a screwdriver to pull it off, it requires a puller, if he uses a screwdriver against the lower timing pulley the tone wheel for the crank sensor will break and you will need to buy a new lower pulley.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List