2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Idle relearn. Help

Opened up the air pipe to clean the throttle body and I noticed that there were airflow restrictors installed for cng I suppose, since the car only runs of petrol I got rid of those. After cleaning the throttle body (extremely dirty) I reassembled everything and started up the car.

I want to know what is the idle relearn procedure of baleno to reset the idle rpm. Currently it's sitting on 1050 (due to more air being supplied) and I want it to go back to 800 where it originally was. Any advice how to do that?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just remove the battery terminals and reconnect after a minute or two. then start the car, leave it idle, ECU will automatically set RPMs in 3-5 minutes. Just don't touch the throttle and any electrical items.
    It worked perfectly for me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moizadil View Post
    Opened up the air pipe to clean the throttle body and I noticed that there were airflow restrictors installed for cng I suppose, since the car only runs of petrol I got rid of those. After cleaning the throttle body (extremely dirty) I reassembled everything and started up the car.

I want to know what is the idle relearn procedure of baleno to reset the idle rpm. Currently it's sitting on 1050 (due to more air being supplied) and I want it to go back to 800 where it originally was. Any advice how to do that?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using PW Forums mobile app

How did you cleaned the throttle body? i am planning to do that. my car doesnt have cng.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by manii009 View Post
    How did you cleaned the throttle body? i am planning to do that. my car doesnt have cng.
    What car do you have?

I would advise you not to do that because there almost no difference from cleaning and the idle rpm goes up which becomes a big pain and difficult to fix.

But if you want to then take of the pipe that goes towards the engine from the air filter box and you'll see the throttle body. Get a carb cleaner from a mechanic shop, costs 200 and spray it in the throttle body. It's a powerful spray and it dissolves the junk and everything and then just use a cloth to clean everything up.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List