Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Baleno Overheat - What to do

Hello Friends,

On highway my baleno got overheat due to house pipe breakage....after pipe replacement it wont start....what could be the reason....do you assume the gaskit got damaged? If yes should I bring this in Suzuki workshop or I can find a food mechanic in local city, infact car got stucked in Mian Channu city.

When car was heatup, the water drops came out from silencer, this shows gaskit burn out?

The pipes were perfectly OK, does this mean there was some presure due to gaskit which has blasted the house pipe?

I have seen in forums that EFI car wont start if local mechanics do the head work, is it true?

Please advise the best.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u dont need to install gud cooling systm or bigger fan balenos cool;ing system caters to the cars needs but do get the temp needle repaired and get it checked in ur case as u mentioned due to house pipe breakage thr was no fault of ur cooling system bigger cooling system wont do the job in those situations .......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar shari99 bhai listen
    till the half way, the temp needle works fine.. i.e gives true temp of the car.
    when it reaches half gauge says 50% hot... but in the above case and also in my case the actual temp was greater than 50%.. say 85% which resulted in damage to engine..

my idea to install bigger cooling system was to keep the needle below 50% so that a true pictue of temp is obtaied. since the gauge shows true picture till the 50%mark.

and at the moment my cars automatic radiator fan is disabled.. means pankha har waqt chalta rehta hai.. and i have replaced both the motors of both frans.. and got my radiator serviced.. still the car shows 50% hot...
    i m still worried k shaid temp increase karta ho after 50 %...
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My charade is also heating up on ac ........... even after a radiator service and the fa speed increased............... m worried :-(
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yara problem is not with needle, the problem is with f**king computer which s**ks at center line. The Suzuki people told what read here:

Sir your car will not overheat as its suto system will keep it stable near center line. So you don;t need to worry, F**k off.

Me too have 99 model and well maintained. The pipes were quite OK but after opening head we found both Head / Block needs to be faced. It seems it was overheated before I purchased and they didnt even fixed it but just replaced the GASKIT.

OK, in my case engine has been saved as we had stopped the car when we felt it burning somewhere. The head needs to be redone because valves seals were burned and it got little damaged and face was necessary, the block was faced as well. Tomorow they will fix the head and start the car. I have replaced all the belts and pipes, It seems my total spendings on this incident would be nearly 6000 bucks.

do you have any idea how much a genuine radiator cost for Baleno 99 ? I mean Kabli one....!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

na bhai na...
    dont go 4 kabli
    i got my kabli 4 rs3000.. bvut it gets choked after two months,..
    my sincere advive.. go for brand new....it will cost somewhere around 7000.. but believe me it covers all its cost..
    in our cars , no copmpromise on radiators.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not have good experience with desi Jalis's (Radiator). My vote goes to an original kabli radiator. I am planning to buy a kabli one,it may requires one time service but still it would be much better than desi one.

Acha do you know that all baleno;s have same Raditor size and fitting? If so we may find like brand new from kabli market....in other words chorri ki gari ka agar mil jaye to?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

I also face the same kinda issue just 2 days back in my baleno. The mechanic told me to get the radiator serviced and I did that. But then again, the Temp guage rised a little above than 50% (50% Normal in my car).
    Now my car gets heated after almost 20 KM drive in city and when I stop it (Engine On) it gets to normal in almost 1 min. I checked that water level in radiator gets low and the radiator is not sucking any water from the side bottle. That remains at the same level before and after heat up.
    What could be the reason ??/ Any guess,
    One of my friend advised me to change the radiator cap as well as that might be causing the issue ... if this cap can also cause the heat issue ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If water level in the radiator is getting low. Then its time to check for leaks.

Start the car, let it warm up. Then inspect hose pipes, including the ones that go to the heater core. Inspect radiator exterior for hairline cracks. Check for signs of seepage around the water pump area.

If there are no external signs of leakage then the problem might be internal due to a blown head gasket. If the car has overheated during its lifetime then a blown head gasket might be the cause of radiator loosing coolant.

The following signs indicate a blown head gasket:
    Colour of oil is not normal. It looks like colour of rust or chocolate brown.
    Oily residue in coolant in the radiator
    White smoke in the morning when starting the car.

Hope this helps
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai nowadays in summer many many cars get over heated.
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whiteangel: Thanks for all the suggestions, infact I have checked all the possible leakage areas, and no external leakage found, besides that the colour of oil is also normal and no smoke emitting out in morning. I am wondering now what could be the cause.
    The water level decrease in the radiator is only around 250 ml. I drive the car without switching on AC and it didnt heat up.
    any further things that I can monitor in next 2 or 3 days before going to any mechanic for the possible cause ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Dont try to get the HEAD resurfaced - Try to get a new engine - Why would you ask
    1.1 The engine will never get back to its original condition
    1.2 You will end up paying more money + TENSION
    1.3 Cars performance will be affected.

Get wise do the following

1. Get a double naali Radiator - Try Japani one's
    2. Fill it with COOLANT not WATER
    3. Get your FAN DIRECT

be wise and get a new engine.....
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you can tell what would be the cost to buy and install a new engine + Gearbox in Baleno 99 Model.
    Also would like to know what would be the procedure to get new engine number printed in Reg book and its cost as well ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys...
    A very important question.....

IF the Water level in the radiator is NOT decreasing, means there is not leackege of water through any source and the water lever of radiator is OK, then is there any chance of gaskit damage?????? Is the water leackege only cause of gaskit damage other than fan chocked? AND what if the water lever decreases by half a glass after 40-50 kms with AC on, is this fine?

Thank you,
    Rizwan Ahmad
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

baleno is one among a problematic car, sorry but such cars work fine as long as they are new.. i come across plenty of cases where balenos use to make their owners pockets empty.. hats off margalla!
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont worry bro

it will be fine

my car got over heated when once i was driving with a dead radiator fan.

but the engine surivived that.

then it over hetaed again with AC.

GOT THE RADIATOR serviced . (the mechanic also removed the thermostat ,telling its of no use in pk weather, but i got it reinstalled later)

no over heating now. and AC almost freezez the car.

its normal if the car uses up a little water nowdays.
    tooo hot.

tooo much cold engine is also not good,
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its been 9 years now that I am using Baleno, and never find a single problem accept this Engine over heating, which I think should be after 9 Years. Point is how to identify the original cause of this issue.
    As I informed earlier, there is no leakage of water and no blow of water from radiator with Cap open. Also didnt find any sign of oil in water as well as water in Oil. Every thing seems fine.
    The good thing that I have done yesterday is I cleaned the radiator cap as that contains alot Rusty mud on it. Put that on the radiator and drive the car for almost 30 KM with AC with in the City and the car remains fine. The problem that I have found was that the Radiator was not sucking any water from the side bottle and now after clean up of cap, It seems that it start sucking the water from there and also releasing the pressure from the same pipe. Lets see How it goes in the next few days.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All, as i said earlier, I had cleaned up the radiator cap and the radiator starts sucking water from the side bottle however the issue remains same. The car is getting heatup with AC after 20 KM drive. Without AC it is OK.
    Also radiator is using alot of water i.e I filled the side bottle and after 20 KM there is no sign of water in that bottle. where that is going ?????
    I obseved very closely the beahviour of radiator and leakages as well but no sign of leakage is found.
    Any further suggestion as I will be moving to mechanic tomorrow ... and want to have a complete evaluation before that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

matifsiddiqui

leakage does not means that water comin out sumwhere frm radiator it simply means that ur radiator need to b chaked for leakage sum time waer evaporates bhai jaan secondly chk the pipe too ur problem is just leakage go to sum good radiator shop they chkd through pressure simple dont inspect ur own self i face same prb some month ago and prb is just leakage trust me go n get service ur radiator
    Ford Mustang 1974 Restored,Toyota Celica ST 1974 Restored,& Celica ST 1973 Restored

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the quick response Anil.
    The problem that I am facing is that I didnt find any kind of leakage from any where even from the radiator, pipes etc etc however I ultimatley go to get my radiator checked.
    Please suggest any radiator work shop that can check the radiator using pressure as I dont know any one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@matifsiddiqui

My Opinion:

First you must inspect the cooling system of your car. It is not limited to radiator, you must check A to Z.

Like first you check the condition of water, is it full of rust? means its chocked and need a service. If internally it is good then see the outside fins usually they block with dust. Open the raditor cap, start the engine give some race and see if water circulate inside raditor, if it does not circulate the problem is with water body. Even sometimes waterbody needs a service when it is full of rust / dirt or if gets week need to be replaced. Also note if water in radiator gives you bubbles or jumps out while you little race the engine, that's shows whether your gas kit blown or not.

After that make your FAN speed is good and working perfect. The very important point is here, usually our mechanics do not aware about that. if your fan bracket is not well fitted or fan is sucking air from asides instead of fins of raditor then it would definite heatup your car. The fan should not suck air other than fins, this should be corrected.

Also never full your side bottles, the level should ba maintained as per given marks on bottle.

Another important thing is to check the radiator cap, check if rubber is hard then replace it immediately with a kabli one. The rubber washer of radiator cap should be soft and mold able else this would heath up your engine.

The careful check of cooling system may resolve your heatup issues.
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List