Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baleno Heating up After 80/Km or more on Highway!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Baleno Heating up After 80/Km or more on Highway!!

Dear Friends,
    My Baleno is heating up when it goes over 80km/hr on super highway. It works fine in the city though. Here are the details of the car and what I have done to fix the problem.

2004 Baleno Sports Factory CNG
    30000 kms
    Engine Completely Tuned, plugs, filters replaced and tapits set.
    Radiator Serviced.
    Removed the heating valve but still no change.

The car runs fine in the city although i had noted one day when i came from the city, the temperature meter was normal (near half) but the car spitted some colored water from the left side where the coolant bottle is located, the bottle is not leaking.

On highway the car runs fine when you drive it below 80 but as soon as u cross 80 and drive it upto 110 it heats up and the ac also stops working.

My dear expert brothers Please advise what should i do to resolve this issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@awad1992, @waqar_14, @wahaj_skyline, @mukhtar_ali, @stylishheart84, @aomair, @nadeem5476, @hash4u, @spectra, @fobak, @whiteangel, @saadisb,
    @minex

Thanks guys for your support and suggestions, sorry for the late reply. I was busy with MBA Exams.
    I got time yesterday night and I started the car with radiator cap open and the increased the race and the water came out like a volcano.
    I immediately thought it was the gas kit, so went to the mechanic today morning who suggested that it is a problem in Baleno, as Suzuki is offering single line radiator and to replace it with double line one. I told him if it didn’t work than I will not pay for anything. He agreed and challenged if it is the gas kit he will pay.
    I went ahead and changed the radiator to double line Thailand grill radiator which cost me Rs. 4000, labor was extra.
    Now to my surprise the radiator worked fine without throwing any water out. (I had previously removed the temp. valve, got the fan to work direct, tried to drive it on cng and petrol and nothing was working), so re-fitted the valve and got the fans to work automatically. Left the car on for 1 hour and it did not heat up.
    Now, the real part, I drove the car around city for 30 minutes, then went for a drive on highway and drove the car to 140km/hr and it did not heat up.
    As of right now all seem to be performing normally. I will take it for a ride to Karachi next week and see how things turn out. House pipes, water body, and gas kit are fine. Any comments are welcome from your side.
    Apparently my problem is solved. Thank you once again for your support and help pakwheels.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To tell you the truth 90 percent of mechanics will suggest a double nali radiator when they are unable to diagnose an overheating problem. Because that is the easy way out for them.

It will definitely solve the problem because the double line radiator has more space for coolant to pass through the fins thus it will cool it down faster. But the mechanic has not fixed the problem but simply worked his way around it. Anyway I hope everything works well with the new radiator.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear brother
    I read all the solutions rec by all and the final solution which u did practically by changing the radiator.

I also own first model of baleno 99 with milage near 1.5 lac.
    It has given the same prob at this stage which is still unresolved i think. I have done two mistakes rather blunders:
    1. I didnt change the oil even after it drove for 8500 Km. I use Caltex Havoline Formula 10W 30.
    2. No car wash/service for a long time. This is because the car was cleaned/washed by office peon reg and radiator was never cleaned with high pressure water.

After i removed these two anomalies n the car didnt heatup but also car is not put in extreme contions like travelling at noons with ac ON above 80-100 km/h.

One submission about double nozzle radiators that these are made of copper and have less conduction rate as compared to original Aluminium/Silver alloy radiator(thin one).

Lets hope both of our cars stay cool.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if its a radiator problem the car should overheat more inside city with ac. Above 80 in5th gear, rpms would be around 2.5K.

I think what hash suggested, try that thing. Put the car on jack and accelerate it beyond 80 with ac in say 3rd gear and check the reaction.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

me too got this shitty overheating problem with my civic 96/97 and @ hash4u and whiteangle helped me out. My mechanic convinced me the headgasket is faulty but in the end radiator came out to be faulty.

So things are different in different cases.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my case the radiator was faulty and the iron pipes in which the hose pipes connect had clots of rust, got all the pipes and radiator changed and the car is running fine.
    Your opinions, my initials! - Formerly known as timelessfahad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also believe that the problem still lies . If double nali is so important , all the balenos would have it . Although it may seem fine , but make sure you still keep a lookout for anthing unusual in the working of the car . Also do check the oil dip stick to see any sings of white oily stuff .
    ..........Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary
    ..........Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
    .......Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

open the radiator cap while car engine is start.if u see the bubbles like foaming bubbles than change the head gaskit.,other wise no...
    2nd change the thermostate (heat sensor installed in engine).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My problem is solved dears thanx