7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default comparing engine of baleno 1.3L with belta 1.0L

salam i want to buy belta 1.0L.Right now i have baleno 1.3L 2004 sports .Can anyone please tell me that if i switch to belta will it make me feel under powered?iknow belta is much better car compared to baleno but switching to a less powered car is kinda making me feel not to go for 1.0L.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey i m an airline pilot just joined the forum been reading up on these posts the past couple of hours..just bought my self an unregistered 1.0 belta 4.5 grade for nearly 12 inclusive of the registration.. i was wondering if theres anyway of authenticating the auction sheet just for my own satisfaction. secondly even though i love the car and its fuel economy is absolutely phenomenonal with a great drive the engine does roar a bit while accelerating which seems as if its being stressed though it stabilizes at higher speeds..i got the car raised for a week with spacers but realized it made it somewhat unstable so i had them removed n now i am contemplating bigger tyres in the near future hoping that would affect over all engine performance too..i drove the 1.3 as well which was about a 1.5 lacks more expensive as well as the difference in economy so i tipped the 1.0 over it cz at the time the drive and the smoothness were identical infact the 1.0 seemed to be smoother on the control wheel but dint quite realize the engine noise.
    <!-- / message -->

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by addikted View Post
    salam i want to buy belta 1.0L.Right now i have baleno 1.3L 2004 sports .Can anyone please tell me that if i switch to belta will it make me feel under powered?iknow belta is much better car compared to baleno but switching to a less powered car is kinda making me feel not to go for 1.0L.
    Buddy i am not a car expert but as per my small experience of riding cars and comparing them... 1KR Engine (the one in Belta) is a pretty superior engine than the one in Baleno... but when it is installed in a big heavier car like Belta... then it gives you a little feel of being under powered...

But when this same engine (1KR) is placed in a smaller car like Vitz or Passo.... it performs like a hell... you will really feel a thrust of the engine... (if well tuned) you will be driving at 180 Km/h with such the same comfort level that you will get in a locally produced car when you are driving at 80 KM/h... and if you cross 100 on a local car, you start feeling vibrations and other noises...

So, the Japanese made cars are much superior in comfort than local cars... plus extra features like ABS, EPS, Air bags etc etc... (and a much much stronger body...)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by coooooldude View Post
    belta is toyota baleno is suzuki .....toyota is largest automotive brand.....suzuki is made from moulding dalda dabbas........belta is way better...if it would have been under powered it would have been flopped....but not....very ammaculate car dear....go for it....belta all the way
    Jany do yaar soch samajh ke bola karo, suzuki itni buri hoti to 20 saal bad bhi mehran ki itni zayada sale na hoti, cultus 11 sall bad bhi most selling brand hay. koi problem nahi aai. toyota ke new engin se log satisfy nahi hain. toyota ka ye first model hay jis ka interior and exptrior kuch better hay. aaj bhi XLI main window manual hi hain. itnay pesay kharch ke phir window ko hathon se zor lagao.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with JZ that belta will be more comfortable, more economical, more pleasent to drive..

Baleno on the other hand will be more powerful, cause its obviously 1300 CC.,
    300 CC more than Belta
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Definitely pick and speed wise Baleno is better. Also spares of belta are expensive than Baleno....

I never used Belta so can't say anything about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

take your pick.

Both cars have their pros and cons too, The 1KR is acceptable if you learn to live with it, (im used to high torque low rpm engines though) but some spares like body parts can be $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to buy, Insurance would be a little higher too.

while the Baleno has spares that can be had from Khan sb naan farosh or even raju paan shop. (figuratively). If you face a problem on a highway more chances of getting going quickly are with the suzuki, but if you are admitant that you wont see much like that and would mostly drive in the city then you can have the little Belta.

- I still dont like the centre mounted gauges in it with a glovebox infront of me. I would prefer gauges infront of me - and nicer ones too. Then come the choices of transmissions, Pak Suzuki did not make a Baleno with an autobox, (wouldve been great if they did). The CVT in the Belta is acceptable until its 100% correctly working, and finding a manual belta is a little more than difficult.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    Baleno is a damn faster car. it smokes 1.3 rollas. You will feel belta 1.0L CVT much underpowered after using baleno.. But comfort wise and specs wise. Belta takes the lead.
    I'd recommend you to go for 1.3L version of belta. It will be good.
    +1
    baleno is really fun to drive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List