Good Answers

Default Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club

HELLO !

Come discuss your Beltas here.

Praise your rides.....

Show your rides here....

Get information from xperts.

Discuss with each other...

Belta owners and Fan's Club join and enjoy every thing here......

i am starting it with my Ride .......

and waiting for others to join.......

TOYOTA BELTA (2005-2012)
    (JAPAN-SPEC)

(complied by murtaza_murti):

Optional engines:

- 1KR-FE 1.0L (1000cc) inline 3-cylinder, 71HP/63 Ib-ft torque
    - 2SZ-FE 1.3L (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 86HP/89 Ib-ft torque
    - 2NZ-FE (comes in 4WD variants only) (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 84HP/89 Ib-ft torque

* Note: All of the engines are equipped with VVT-i

Drivetrains:

- 1KR-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2SZ-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2NZ-FE = 4WD/AWD (four-wheel drive/all-wheel drive)

Transmissions:

- 1KR-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2SZ-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2NZ-FE = 4-Speed automatic with Super Select ECT with Gate Shifter

Packages/variants/selections:

B Package = Complete base package; manual windows, plastic door panels, black non-powered mirrors, black door handles, black trunk garnish, silver steel wheels with no wheel caps and base FM/AM radio.

X Package = Powered windows, powered/re-tractable side-view mirrors, fabric door panels, chrome trunk garnish, colored handles and mirrors, built-in CD player or TV/NAV option, keyless entry, headlight beam adjuster (came in limited models) and black steel wheels with wheel caps.

XS Package = Sports package same as the 1.0L X but with 14'' alloy wheels, rear LED trunk spoiler, RPM meter, fog lamps and side skirts.

XL Package = All options of the X package but with a RPM meter, rear speakers, climate control, rear armrest, 50/50 split seats.

G Package = All options of the L package but with Keyless Go option (push button start, door and trunk sensors, smart key). Alloy wheels, body-kit, fog lamps, iON purifier, multi-function steering wheel and voice TV/NAV with bluetooth and G-Book are optional factory options.

Chassis code, DBA-KSP92:

- 1.0L B
    - 1.0L X
    - 1.0L XS

Chassis code, DBA-SCP92:

- 1.3L X B (Business)
    - 1.3L X
    - 1.3L XS
    - 1.3L X 'L'
    - 1.3L G

Chassis code, CBA-NCP96 (4WD):

- 1.3L X (4WD)
    - 1.3L X 'L' (4WD)
    - 1.3L G (4WD)

Colors:

- Meteorite Grey Metallic
    - Silver Streak Mica
    - Barcelona Red Mica
    - Jade Sea Green Metallic
    - Polar White
    - Pearl White Metallic
    - Zephyr Blue Metallic
    - Pacific Blue Metallic

Factory tire sizes:

- 1.0L (B and X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.0L XS with 14'' alloys: 175/65/R14
    - 1.3L (XB, X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.3: (XS, XL and G) with 15'' alloys: 185/60/R15

Face-lift came out in the 4th quarter of 2008, changes were as follows:

- RPM meter standard in all models
    - RPM meter in XL & G changed colors and font
    - XL package replaces L package
    - Mesh front grill
    - Indicators removed from fenders
    - Side-view mirrors now with built-in indicators
    - Lighter grey interior color (dashboard, door panels, headliner etc)
    - Different seat fabric pattern
    - XL & G now have thicker bolster seats
    - Beige carpet instead of black
    - Rear door window switches merged with door armrests
    - Different wheel caps for G
    - Different 8-spoke alloy wheel design for XL & G
    - Key fob remote buttons switched to plastic from rubber
    - XS (sport) package dis-continued

Manuals:

- 1KR-FE Engine repair manual:

http://webpages.charter.net/scott.mcclure/Yaris/1KR-FE/

- Owners manual in English (ZIP file):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8-K...VFE/edit?pli=1

NOTE: The production of the Toyota Belta and Yaris sedan STOPPED in the third quarter of 2012 in Japan and North America. The Belta was known as the Vios elsewhere. The new shape Vios came out in 2013 to replace the previous model in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and other southeastern Asian countries along with Arabian Gulf countries and in some Middle Eastern countries.

F U R Q A N

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, during last 10 years I have had civic 2001,2005 and Lancer 2005. Every machine has its peculiar pros n cons. As far as comfort, performance and driving pleasure is concerned, nothing can match to Lancer. Since I m a Govt servant, fuel economy is my foremost concern. In my opinion Belta is smart, moderate and appropriate machine and further a Jdm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ajall View Post
    Sir, during last 10 years I have had civic 2001,2005 and Lancer 2005. Every machine has its peculiar pros n cons. As far as comfort, performance and driving pleasure is concerned, nothing can match to Lancer. Since I m a Govt servant, fuel economy is my foremost concern. In my opinion Belta is smart, moderate and appropriate machine and further a Jdm.
    Welcome to the family sir.
    A lot depends on the condition of the car purchased, model year and mileage. And im sure you mustve checked everything thoroughly before the purchase.
    If fuel economy was your primary concern then youve made a really good decision. Civic 2005 is horrible in that regard (kept one). Infact all civics are. The only downside i see is reduced engine size and a little less space in the back seats. Being an owner of a 1.0l version i sometime like the engine power is not enough, but you get the returns while refueling (averaging 18). Just drive slow and safe, keep rpms under the range of 1500 or at most 2000 And you''ll achieve what you bought this vehicle for.
    ride quality is better than the civic, atleast i feel it that way. And its looking beautiful in the pics mashAllah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks brother.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    Welcome to the family sir.
    A lot depends on the condition of the car purchased, model year and mileage. And im sure you mustve checked everything thoroughly before the purchase.
    If fuel economy was your primary concern then youve made a really good decision. Civic 2005 is horrible in that regard (kept one). Infact all civics are. The only downside i see is reduced engine size and a little less space in the back seats. Being an owner of a 1.0l version i sometime like the engine power is not enough, but you get the returns while refueling (averaging 18). Just drive slow and safe, keep rpms under the range of 1500 or at most 2000 And you''ll achieve what you bought this vehicle for.
    ride quality is better than the civic, atleast i feel it that way. And its looking beautiful in the pics mashAllah.
    Civic 05 is horrible in this regard......rode quality is better then civic....one can only laugh on your statements...rather totally biased statments....or if you are not biased then the civic u kept was surely in worst ever possible condition..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A great car from one who has been driving a Belta since more than two years. A Vitz before that. JDM quality and comfort. Not to mention safety too.

All the best. Enjoy the ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unware View Post
    Happy to know you are satisfied with your ride after that change. I wud never do that even for free. Beher haal soch and marzi apni apni.

I was getting 18+ on my 1.3 prior to tyre change and consumed two full tanks with almost same fuel economy.

Your statement about changing tyre profile being critical is strongly debatable. I wud say messing with car suspension is more critical. But then its just my opinion.

Happy cruising

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I am just wondering why am I getting 12 KM/l (roughly) on my 2010 Belta 1.0 ... mostly driven in KHI city with A/C with (mostly) smooth acceleration.. How can I increase it ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pharazansari View Post
    I am just wondering why am I getting 12 KM/l (roughly) on my 2010 Belta 1.0 ... mostly driven in KHI city with A/C with (mostly) smooth acceleration.. How can I increase it ???

Same here. :-p Mine is 12 too and that too with very less AC usage due to winter. I dont know how on earth Mr. Unware Sir is getting 18+

Can you please share your secret unware...plsssss

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Same here. :-p Mine is 12 too and that too with very less AC usage due to winter. I dont know how on earth Mr. Unware Sir is getting 18+

Can you please share your secret unware...plsssss
    Sir g i cant say anything apart from Alhamdulillah and I am blessed with a nice ride

History being I bought this ride in Nov '12 and took it straight to toyota GT motors and asked them to do whatever maintenance is due. They services throttle body, brakes, changed tranny oil, engine oil, air filter, oil filter and checked all bits and bobs under the car.
    Next day took it to Pindi gheb from Fateh Jang with no AC and full tank. Hardly touching 105km/h. Cane back and topped up the tank and calculated average which was 19.6km/l. I was like WOW but then read on these forums that true average is when u consume two or three tanks.
    Next month got a chance to travel Lahore, faisalabad, sargodha, talagang and back to fateh jang. That included roaming around in city and highways.
    That whole trip gave me around 16.2km/l.

Few months later I went to lahore and that time the beast inside me was awake and wanted to check the max speed. Luckily I got accompanied by a black 2D saloon corolla who was a maniac just like myself and overtook me at 160km/h. Then from kallar kahar till shekhupura we went retards and doing close to 165km/h all the way.
    At next fillup I calculated and 9.8km/l average changed my face expressions but I was expecting such poor consumption the way I drove.

So guys thats my story and honestly i havent done anything besides regular toyota maintenance.
    Got new tyres almost two months back and thought for a second about getting alloys but then rejected the idea fearing it will effect my fuel average. Did almost two tanks after tyre change and getting close to 17km/l.

Happy cruising 😄

Drop a gear, and disappear

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unware View Post
    Sir g i cant say anything apart from Alhamdulillah and I am blessed with a nice ride

History being I bought this ride in Nov '12 and took it straight to toyota GT motors and asked them to do whatever maintenance is due. They services throttle body, brakes, changed tranny oil, engine oil, air filter, oil filter and checked all bits and bobs under the car.
    Next day took it to Pindi gheb from Fateh Jang with no AC and full tank. Hardly touching 105km/h. Cane back and topped up the tank and calculated average which was 19.6km/l. I was like WOW but then read on these forums that true average is when u consume two or three tanks.
    Next month got a chance to travel Lahore, faisalabad, sargodha, talagang and back to fateh jang. That included roaming around in city and highways.
    That whole trip gave me around 16.2km/l.

Few months later I went to lahore and that time the beast inside me was awake and wanted to check the max speed. Luckily I got accompanied by a black 2D saloon corolla who was a maniac just like myself and overtook me at 160km/h. Then from kallar kahar till shekhupura we went retards and doing close to 165km/h all the way.
    At next fillup I calculated and 9.8km/l average changed my face expressions but I was expecting such poor consumption the way I drove.

So guys thats my story and honestly i havent done anything besides regular toyota maintenance.
    Got new tyres almost two months back and thought for a second about getting alloys but then rejected the idea fearing it will effect my fuel average. Did almost two tanks after tyre change and getting close to 17km/l.

Happy cruising ��

I see one major difference here.. Long drives vs Short trips ... What average do/would you get if consuming a full tank within your city only?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fateh jang aint a big place n most of my trips are to ISB / RWP. But then again most of the road is motorway. I hate taking Tarnol route as thats jam packed with trucks.
    You r right maybe thats the secret of my good fuel consumption

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will you guide me how to check Cvt fluid level and condition of Belta? As I didn't find any district.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa. Today I went Toyotas Islamabad, and got the car turned up, engine oil n filter changed, Cvt fluid changed. Alhamdolillah. Car was already giving me around 14 in city and around 18 at GT road. Hope to improve mileage. Any advice or suggestions please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa. I need experts opinions please regarding Cvt fluid change for Belta. Today I went to Toyotas at Islamabad to get it changed, and they did as under:
    1.car was raised up and opened a bolt under neath the pan with L shaped opener.
    2. About 500ml fluid was drained.
    3. Then same L shipped opener was inserted further inside the chamber through the hole where a bolt was removed.
    4. A long plastic tube was removed and fluid was drained out. Perhaps more than 3_ 3.8 liter.
    5. Plastic tube was refixed and then pan bolt as well.
    6. Cvt fluid was poured through big bolt 22 mm may be with marking of TC. And around 3.8 litre fluid was poured.
    7. Engine was started and after warm up, while engine idling, underneath bolt was opened, and around 1 litre fluid was again drained. When fruit stopped oozing out, the bolt underneath was tightened.
    This was the whole procedure. Please comments, if it was the right procedure? I am worried because after refilling when engine was started again a considerable amount of fluid around 1 litre was drained.
    Sine I am new to Belta family and old sufferer of Honda, please advise.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother plz go through the following thread and hopefully u will get the answer. Be patient as someone @murtaza_murti or other experts will get back to u.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...0-transmission

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa. I need experts opinions please regarding Cvt fluid change for Belta. Today I went to Toyotas at Islamabad to get it changed, and they did as under:
    1.car was raised up and opened a bolt under neath the pan with L shaped opener.
    2. About 500ml fluid was drained.
    3. Then same L shipped opener was inserted further inside the chamber through the hole where a bolt was removed.
    4. A long plastic tube was removed and fluid was drained out. Perhaps more than 3_ 3.8 liter.
    5. Plastic tube was refixed and then pan bolt as well.
    6. Cvt fluid was poured through big bolt 22 mm may be with marking of TC. And around 3.8 litre fluid was poured.
    7. Engine was started and after warm up, while engine idling, underneath bolt was opened, and around 1 litre fluid was again drained. When fruit stopped oozing out, the bolt underneath was tightened.
    This was the whole procedure. Please comments, if it was the right procedure? I am worried because after refilling when engine was started again a considerable amount of fluid around 1 litre was drained.
    Sine I am new to Belta family and old sufferer of Honda, please advise.
    You did everything correctly but why did you go through process number 8? If you poured 3.8 liters after flushing the entire old fluid out you didn't have to open the drain bolt again and remove 1 liter, what made you do that?

BTW, you should not under ANY circumstance open the drain bolt when the engine is on.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir what to do now? Toyota guys said that extra fluid drops down from the upper edge of plastic funnel/tube, and fluid doesn't drop it means level is less and if some or any quantity of fluid drops it is extra fluid which drops at Lowe part of the pan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir what to do now? Toyota guys Zahid that extra fluid drops down from the upper edge of plastic funnel/tube, and fluid doesn't drop it means level is less and if some or any quantity of fluid drops it is extra fluid which drops at Lowe part of the pan.
    What I'd recommend you is to warm-up the engine for about 5 to 8 mins. SHUT DOWN the engine. Then open the overflow bolt (the same silver bolt on the pan) and sEE if any oil flows out. If not top up with transmission oil until oil flows from that bolt. And wait till the stream of oil is slowed down to dripping. Close the bolt and you're good to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa. Sir, after refilling the fluid through big bolt with TC marking, then the underneath drain bolt was opened, fluid started oozing out and then gradually only dripling. Then that drain bolt was tighten. I my opinion it was the right procedure because any extra fluid will be drained out. If after refilling no fluid drops from drain bolt, it means the lower level. Open for discussion please.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List