Good Answers

Default Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club

HELLO !

Come discuss your Beltas here.

Praise your rides.....

Show your rides here....

Get information from xperts.

Discuss with each other...

Belta owners and Fan's Club join and enjoy every thing here......

i am starting it with my Ride .......

and waiting for others to join.......

TOYOTA BELTA (2005-2012)
    (JAPAN-SPEC)

(complied by murtaza_murti):

Optional engines:

- 1KR-FE 1.0L (1000cc) inline 3-cylinder, 71HP/63 Ib-ft torque
    - 2SZ-FE 1.3L (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 86HP/89 Ib-ft torque
    - 2NZ-FE (comes in 4WD variants only) (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 84HP/89 Ib-ft torque

* Note: All of the engines are equipped with VVT-i

Drivetrains:

- 1KR-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2SZ-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2NZ-FE = 4WD/AWD (four-wheel drive/all-wheel drive)

Transmissions:

- 1KR-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2SZ-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2NZ-FE = 4-Speed automatic with Super Select ECT with Gate Shifter

Packages/variants/selections:

B Package = Complete base package; manual windows, plastic door panels, black non-powered mirrors, black door handles, black trunk garnish, silver steel wheels with no wheel caps and base FM/AM radio.

X Package = Powered windows, powered/re-tractable side-view mirrors, fabric door panels, chrome trunk garnish, colored handles and mirrors, built-in CD player or TV/NAV option, keyless entry, headlight beam adjuster (came in limited models) and black steel wheels with wheel caps.

XS Package = Sports package same as the 1.0L X but with 14'' alloy wheels, rear LED trunk spoiler, RPM meter, fog lamps and side skirts.

XL Package = All options of the X package but with a RPM meter, rear speakers, climate control, rear armrest, 50/50 split seats.

G Package = All options of the L package but with Keyless Go option (push button start, door and trunk sensors, smart key). Alloy wheels, body-kit, fog lamps, iON purifier, multi-function steering wheel and voice TV/NAV with bluetooth and G-Book are optional factory options.

Chassis code, DBA-KSP92:

- 1.0L B
    - 1.0L X
    - 1.0L XS

Chassis code, DBA-SCP92:

- 1.3L X B (Business)
    - 1.3L X
    - 1.3L XS
    - 1.3L X 'L'
    - 1.3L G

Chassis code, CBA-NCP96 (4WD):

- 1.3L X (4WD)
    - 1.3L X 'L' (4WD)
    - 1.3L G (4WD)

Colors:

- Meteorite Grey Metallic
    - Silver Streak Mica
    - Barcelona Red Mica
    - Jade Sea Green Metallic
    - Polar White
    - Pearl White Metallic
    - Zephyr Blue Metallic
    - Pacific Blue Metallic

Factory tire sizes:

- 1.0L (B and X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.0L XS with 14'' alloys: 175/65/R14
    - 1.3L (XB, X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.3: (XS, XL and G) with 15'' alloys: 185/60/R15

Face-lift came out in the 4th quarter of 2008, changes were as follows:

- RPM meter standard in all models
    - RPM meter in XL & G changed colors and font
    - XL package replaces L package
    - Mesh front grill
    - Indicators removed from fenders
    - Side-view mirrors now with built-in indicators
    - Lighter grey interior color (dashboard, door panels, headliner etc)
    - Different seat fabric pattern
    - XL & G now have thicker bolster seats
    - Beige carpet instead of black
    - Rear door window switches merged with door armrests
    - Different wheel caps for G
    - Different 8-spoke alloy wheel design for XL & G
    - Key fob remote buttons switched to plastic from rubber
    - XS (sport) package dis-continued

Manuals:

- 1KR-FE Engine repair manual:

http://webpages.charter.net/scott.mcclure/Yaris/1KR-FE/

- Owners manual in English (ZIP file):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8-K...VFE/edit?pli=1

NOTE: The production of the Toyota Belta and Yaris sedan STOPPED in the third quarter of 2012 in Japan and North America. The Belta was known as the Vios elsewhere. The new shape Vios came out in 2013 to replace the previous model in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and other southeastern Asian countries along with Arabian Gulf countries and in some Middle Eastern countries.

F U R Q A N

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pharazansari View Post
    Salaam All,

For past couple of weeks, I get a squeaky sound from engine room which is most probably some fan belt.

Initially I thought it only came when A/C was on but that's not the case. One important point is that is goes away when I switch to "N"

In my older cars (Margalla or City) mechanics would put some oil on a belt to get rid of this sound. I am not sure if I should do the same here?

Don't want to take to Toyota as they might say replace the belt for a few thousand

Any good mechanic in Karachi ?

(Weather in Karachi is hot not cold these days)
    I also hear the queaking sound, but it goes away when the car warms up.... I think it may be fine... have it almost in every previous car... Cultus, Liana, Vitz...
    Signature Location...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair530 View Post
    I also hear the queaking sound, but it goes away when the car warms up.... I think it may be fine... have it almost in every previous car... Cultus, Liana, Vitz...
    So just ignore it then... ?

I'll check if it goes away after car warms up....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pharazansari View Post
    So just ignore it then... ?

I'll check if it goes away after car warms up....
    This is what I do Ignore...
    Signature Location...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Went to an Expert JDM Mechanic in Saddar Rawalpindi Yesterday for tranmission oil change info and details.

He said that it takes ATF T4 - 3.5 to 4 liters of it ? and i was like wott?? if it is a CVT Tranny why will it take ATF Oil.
    Then he said it will be written on the Dipstick then he couldnt find it then he said it will be written on the Chamber too that whether its CVT or ATF , and he had done Belta with ATF - T4 :/

What he is upto i couldnt understand ? Also can i take Oil from a local shop and go to Toyota ? like we all know Toyota is Charging Rs.1200/liter for CVT and its Rs.800/liter in other areas around, please Let me know.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol @ Expert JDM searching ATF dip stick on CVT.
    I dont understand why wud people take chances when it comes to maintenance.
    You burn fuel, face traffic, approach so-called experts and then either leave their shop arguing or getting low-class doubtful maintenance done with a question of reliability.
    How often do u get CVT fluid changed? At Least after 50k kms so why not spend a couple of extra 100s and get the job done right.
    Beher haal soch apni apni.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Drop a gear, and disappear

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i am glad that it made you laugh about the problem.

But the problem was not about CVT or ATF , i was sure that its CVT transmission but he made me confused about it so i came here and asked that whether i can go to Toyota with transmission oil but you didnt answer that well now i have another question that whether Belta comes with EPS (Electronic Power Steering) cause i couldnt locate the EPS light in the meter ??

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belta does not have EPS bro

PS:
    If u remove the word Expert from your previous post then I can stop laughing. 😃

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well there was a guy who recommended that Expert to me and that is why i burnt my fuel and faced traffic to pay him a visit but when i talked to him , it made me confused but may be he was not an Expert as i could see a lot of Cars at his panel. I cannot judge people so i came here to get an answer.

Really ? then it doesn't have steering fluid container ? What kind of Steering it is then ? Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club

Let me correct myself. Belta older models have power steering but i think models after 2002 are with EPS.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Squeaking pipe

Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club -1624185

The Squeaking was not caused by auxiliary belt as the noise was observed coming from the back. Upon checking it was from the Exhaust pipe hence in neutral gear it stopped (no vibration).

I need to take the car to silencer guy...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I need some help with my 2006 belta. I had an accident a while back in which my gearbox was destroyed (the car's body was intacy but it got hit from down below, pretty nasty accident) and I had to go for an engine replacement (I could not find the gearbox for the 1 KR-FE instead bought the whole engine - 2SZ-FE (1300cc)). After I had the engine replaced the CEL used to come on frequently but at random. Whenever I restarted the car it went away but would come back from time to time (on a similar pattern where I had to restart the car to make it go away often times 4-5 times) . The desi mechanics had absolutely no clue what was going on, the guy at nazir autos[ G-8/1 Islamabad ] was extremely rude to me (for no reason, I did not even say anything to him, he started to shout at me on the phone when I sent the car to him :/ ) . I took the car to sawat then and somewhere along the way the car started to heat up and shut off randomly. It was extremely hot and the car was overloaded (family just ignores me when I ask them not to do such stuff sigh) when climbing the cliffs. We cooled the car down and added water to the radiator. It then came back all the way and sped along the motorway just fine but then the same problem started to occur (car would die out randomly and display the engine overheat and the CEL) . I then gave the car to toyota and had them diagnose it - they came up with three error codes - Rough idling , Throttle relay motor high , engine stall and one other code related to the throttle circuit. Anyways, they gave me a costly solution and changed all my wiring. I have been driving the car for a week since then and there has been no problem and idling has also gone away but only recently this morning and at night today the CEL came on once again but went away with a restart. I have used original coolant in the car. I do not want to go through this diagnosis hell again and was hoping the seniors here could help me out. For now, I cant afford to buy a new car (constructing our house) and have to make do with this one. So far, people have been very rude to me (just because I tell them that I have changed the engine) while the Toyota guys I believe are just as lost as myself. I have concluded it maybe an engine misfire that may be causing this but I really do not know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalfiroz View Post
    Guys I need some help with my 2006 belta. I had an accident a while back in which my gearbox was destroyed (the car's body was intacy but it got hit from down below, pretty nasty accident) and I had to go for an engine replacement (I could not find the gearbox for the 1 KR-FE instead bought the whole engine - 2SZ-FE (1300cc)). After I had the engine replaced the CEL used to come on frequently but at random. Whenever I restarted the car it went away but would come back from time to time (on a similar pattern where I had to restart the car to make it go away often times 4-5 times) . The desi mechanics had absolutely no clue what was going on, the guy at nazir autos[ G-8/1 Islamabad ] was extremely rude to me (for no reason, I did not even say anything to him, he started to shout at me on the phone when I sent the car to him :/ ) . I took the car to sawat then and somewhere along the way the car started to heat up and shut off randomly. It was extremely hot and the car was overloaded (family just ignores me when I ask them not to do such stuff sigh) when climbing the cliffs. We cooled the car down and added water to the radiator. It then came back all the way and sped along the motorway just fine but then the same problem started to occur (car would die out randomly and display the engine overheat and the CEL) . I then gave the car to toyota and had them diagnose it - they came up with three error codes - Rough idling , Throttle relay motor high , engine stall and one other code related to the throttle circuit. Anyways, they gave me a costly solution and changed all my wiring. I have been driving the car for a week since then and there has been no problem and idling has also gone away but only recently this morning and at night today the CEL came on once again but went away with a restart. I have used original coolant in the car. I do not want to go through this diagnosis hell again and was hoping the seniors here could help me out. For now, I cant afford to buy a new car (constructing our house) and have to make do with this one. So far, people have been very rude to me (just because I tell them that I have changed the engine) while the Toyota guys I believe are just as lost as myself. I have concluded it maybe an engine misfire that may be causing this but I really do not know.
    thistextisveryhardtoread....pleaseusepunctuationan dparagraphs..
    Signature Location...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother what I was able to understand is you have got your car fixed from Toyota. If yes then there should be a warranty of their work. I suggest to take the car back to them and inquire about this CEL fault.
    You can tag a genius here known as Xulfiqar. He will be able to guide you better. Include @ just before his name and he will get notification.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for the badly punctuated and quickly written post. I was sort of panicky when writing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unware View Post
    Brother what I was able to understand is you have got your car fixed from Toyota. If yes then there should be a warranty of their work. I suggest to take the car back to them and inquire about this CEL fault.
    You can tag a genius here known as Xulfiqar. He will be able to guide you better. Include @ just before his name and he will get notification.

Thanks for your reply. I took the car to Toyota. They ran a scan and came up with the "System too lean" error code. They have checked the fuel pressure and cleaned the MAF sensor and erased the code. They say there is a possibility that the fuel pump maybe malfunctioning or the fuel filter maybe choked, but it could also be that the MAF sensor was dirty. I will know today.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    I would like your guidance on this issue if possible. I had a CEL appear on the car dashboard (car has a long history of repairs, I will inform you of them if you require) , I took it to Toyota and they read a "system too lean" error code. They have cleaned the MAF sensor and checked the Fuel pressure (which according to them is alright). I ran the car after that and no CEL appeared but it was for a short distance. Toyota has advised me that there maybe a fuel filter blockage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belta does not have EPS bro

Let me correct myself. Belta older models have power steering but i think models after 2002 are with EPS.

Belta started production from 2005 and ended in 2012. All models of the Toyota Belta were equip with EPS (electronic power steering).
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa, I live at Islamabad and go to Toyotas for my Belta. Please don't ruin your car in order to save some money now and pay in future.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default need help for disk brakes of belts

helo guys

i need help regarding belta 2006 disk brakes .
    as when ever i press brake there is a unique kind of sound from it.i think if i will go to toyota3s it will cost me 6k to change just disks.
    any other alternative/?

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by habibalam View Post
    helo guys

i need help regarding belta 2006 disk brakes .
    as when ever i press brake there is a unique kind of sound from it.i think if i will go to toyota3s it will cost me 6k to change just disks.
    any other alternative/?

thanks
    I started getting the sound after having my Belta for about a year. Since then it's been to Toyota 3 times for routine maintenance. They serviced / checked the breaks and didn't recommended replacing Brake Shoe or Pads. Sound still comes but braking is fine so I am not bothered about the sound..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List