Good Answers

Default Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club

HELLO !

Come discuss your Beltas here.

Praise your rides.....

Show your rides here....

Get information from xperts.

Discuss with each other...

Belta owners and Fan's Club join and enjoy every thing here......

i am starting it with my Ride .......

and waiting for others to join.......

TOYOTA BELTA (2005-2012)
    (JAPAN-SPEC)

(complied by murtaza_murti):

Optional engines:

- 1KR-FE 1.0L (1000cc) inline 3-cylinder, 71HP/63 Ib-ft torque
    - 2SZ-FE 1.3L (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 86HP/89 Ib-ft torque
    - 2NZ-FE (comes in 4WD variants only) (1300cc) inline 4-cylinder, 84HP/89 Ib-ft torque

* Note: All of the engines are equipped with VVT-i

Drivetrains:

- 1KR-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2SZ-FE = FF (front-wheel drive)
    - 2NZ-FE = 4WD/AWD (four-wheel drive/all-wheel drive)

Transmissions:

- 1KR-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2SZ-FE = Super CVT-i
    - 2NZ-FE = 4-Speed automatic with Super Select ECT with Gate Shifter

Packages/variants/selections:

B Package = Complete base package; manual windows, plastic door panels, black non-powered mirrors, black door handles, black trunk garnish, silver steel wheels with no wheel caps and base FM/AM radio.

X Package = Powered windows, powered/re-tractable side-view mirrors, fabric door panels, chrome trunk garnish, colored handles and mirrors, built-in CD player or TV/NAV option, keyless entry, headlight beam adjuster (came in limited models) and black steel wheels with wheel caps.

XS Package = Sports package same as the 1.0L X but with 14'' alloy wheels, rear LED trunk spoiler, RPM meter, fog lamps and side skirts.

XL Package = All options of the X package but with a RPM meter, rear speakers, climate control, rear armrest, 50/50 split seats.

G Package = All options of the L package but with Keyless Go option (push button start, door and trunk sensors, smart key). Alloy wheels, body-kit, fog lamps, iON purifier, multi-function steering wheel and voice TV/NAV with bluetooth and G-Book are optional factory options.

Chassis code, DBA-KSP92:

- 1.0L B
    - 1.0L X
    - 1.0L XS

Chassis code, DBA-SCP92:

- 1.3L X B (Business)
    - 1.3L X
    - 1.3L XS
    - 1.3L X 'L'
    - 1.3L G

Chassis code, CBA-NCP96 (4WD):

- 1.3L X (4WD)
    - 1.3L X 'L' (4WD)
    - 1.3L G (4WD)

Colors:

- Meteorite Grey Metallic
    - Silver Streak Mica
    - Barcelona Red Mica
    - Jade Sea Green Metallic
    - Polar White
    - Pearl White Metallic
    - Zephyr Blue Metallic
    - Pacific Blue Metallic

Factory tire sizes:

- 1.0L (B and X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.0L XS with 14'' alloys: 175/65/R14
    - 1.3L (XB, X): 165/70/R14
    - 1.3: (XS, XL and G) with 15'' alloys: 185/60/R15

Face-lift came out in the 4th quarter of 2008, changes were as follows:

- RPM meter standard in all models
    - RPM meter in XL & G changed colors and font
    - XL package replaces L package
    - Mesh front grill
    - Indicators removed from fenders
    - Side-view mirrors now with built-in indicators
    - Lighter grey interior color (dashboard, door panels, headliner etc)
    - Different seat fabric pattern
    - XL & G now have thicker bolster seats
    - Beige carpet instead of black
    - Rear door window switches merged with door armrests
    - Different wheel caps for G
    - Different 8-spoke alloy wheel design for XL & G
    - Key fob remote buttons switched to plastic from rubber
    - XS (sport) package dis-continued

Manuals:

- 1KR-FE Engine repair manual:

http://webpages.charter.net/scott.mcclure/Yaris/1KR-FE/

- Owners manual in English (ZIP file):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8-K...VFE/edit?pli=1

NOTE: The production of the Toyota Belta and Yaris sedan STOPPED in the third quarter of 2012 in Japan and North America. The Belta was known as the Vios elsewhere. The new shape Vios came out in 2013 to replace the previous model in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and other southeastern Asian countries along with Arabian Gulf countries and in some Middle Eastern countries.

F U R Q A N

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much it will cost u bro for check up?

Quote Originally Posted by pharazansari View Post
    I started getting the sound after having my Belta for about a year. Since then it's been to Toyota 3 times for routine maintenance. They serviced / checked the breaks and didn't recommended replacing Brake Shoe or Pads. Sound still comes but braking is fine so I am not bothered about the sound..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by habibalam View Post
    how much it will cost u bro for check up?
    PKR 4320 for the "Super Light Maintenance Package" + any material (e.g. Engine oil etc) ( I now go to Toyota Central Karachi & earlier went to Toyota Eastern Karachi)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PKR 4320 for the "Super Light Maintenance Package" + any material (e.g. Engine oil etc) ( I now go to Toyota Central Karachi & earlier went to Toyota Eastern Karachi)
    Hi pharazansari,

what all is included in the super light maintenance package? Also since I have recently changed engine oil / filter will it be less?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Hi pharazansari,

what all is included in the super light maintenance package? Also since I have recently changed engine oil / filter will it be less?
    In description it says "Engine oil & oil filter chance (Lubrication, inspection,top up, tune up, check up, brakes & Nuts & Bolts inspection)"

Toyota Central "111 786 122"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In description it says "Engine oil & oil filter chance (Lubrication, inspection,top up, tune up, check up, brakes & Nuts & Bolts inspection)"

Toyota Central "111 786 122"
    Thanks bro. So do they charge if you have already done an engine / oil filter replacement? Also can u watch them doing the work?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro. So do they charge if you have already done an engine / oil filter replacement? Also can u watch them doing the work?
    I usually leave the car there. But once the driver observed while they worked and took off the wheels to check brakes. So yes you can ask them to watch (That was at Toyota Eastern though).

If you don't need oil change etc then don't pay for the package. Better give them a call to get a quote for work you need.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually leave the car there. But once the driver observed while they worked and took off the wheels to check brakes. So yes you can ask them to watch (That was at Toyota Eastern though).

If you don't need oil change etc then don't pay for the package. Better give them a call to get a quote for work you need.
    Thanks bro. I always had the impression that they are way to expensive then outside mechanic shops with scanners also that are common off tariq road side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro. I always had the impression that they are way to expensive then outside mechanic shops with scanners also that are common off tariq road side
    Well your impression is not wrong. Sharing a short personal experience here.
    I've had Fog lights installed and a while back they got a short wire and my signals(indicators) stopped working. Thought of a fuse so took it to Toyota Eastern, they changed the fuse (which I had to buy from their shop for Rs.100) it was blown again and the guy said your wiring needs to be checked to identify root cause. I gladly said please do so, he said "Computer se hoga check" PKR 7000 is the charge for "Checking"

Then Murtaza_Murti gave me number of his electrician near Tariq road and he fixed the wiring issue and total charges were I think 250 inclusive of the fuse he'd changed

kahaN 7000 kahan 250 "Toyota Rip Off"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well your impression is not wrong. Sharing a short personal experience here.
    I've had Fog lights installed and a while back they got a short wire and my signals(indicators) stopped working. Thought of a fuse so took it to Toyota Eastern, they changed the fuse (which I had to buy from their shop for Rs.100) it was blown again and the guy said your wiring needs to be checked to identify root cause. I gladly said please do so, he said "Computer se hoga check" PKR 7000 is the charge for "Checking"

Then Murtaza_Murti gave me number of his electrician near Tariq road and he fixed the wiring issue and total charges were I think 250 inclusive of the fuse he'd changed

kahaN 7000 kahan 250 "Toyota Rip Off"

See I told ya :-p That's why we have this Belta group to help each other out and @murtaza_murti is a great guy always goes out of his way to help as are also the others here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ASA guys,

I would like some help from fellow Pak-Wheelers regarding the issue I posted earlier. I recently had my ECU wiring changed from Toyota Motors (Abpara Islamabad - This was their diagnosis for the Check Engine Light. I went ahead and got it changed, car has been working fine since then - The car was breaking down earlier).

After a while, the check engine light appeared again. Upon diagnosis we read the error code of "System too lean". Now the three possible sources of the error given to me by the Toyota diagnosis technician were:
    1. Dirty MAF sensor.
    2. Clogged Fuel filter.
    3. Bad fuel pump.

I had the MAF sensor cleaned and ran the car for about 1 week without any issues in which we went back and forth from DHA Phase 2 to Islamabad multiple times in a single day.

No problem appeared nor did the Check Engine Light turn on. But today as I was driving to my office the Check Engine Light came on and I felt a loss of power in the acceleration - not a lot but there was detectable power loss.

Through out the week that I drove the car I did feel at times that the engine was forcefully pulling fuel at times causing the whole car to jerk (at idle).

- Now, my first question is, that could it be that the fuel pump has gone bad? Does a bad fuel pump have any particular symptoms that I need to watch out for? or is it the fuel filter.

- My second question is, which Fuel filter is installed in the Belta? I don't know which one is installed, but from what I read on this forum I have concluded that I could use the fuel filter for the 2010 Toyota Corolla GLI?
    The guys at Toyota have told me that they will have to order the filter and it will cost around PKR 15,000. A shop at Saddar has told me the cost for the filter as 6600 (OEM filter). Noone told me the part code though, the guy at the Saddar shop simply said that the same filter as that installed in Vitz will be used.

NOTE: The fuel filter is due for a change anyways...

Thanks and Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilalfiroz

Check the following shots of my recent query to Xulfiqar regarding your Belta's issue.

Hope it helps.

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445011033.988001.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  134.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445011217.486959.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  120.6 KB

And this last one is from Xulfiqar

Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1445011311.759580.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  115.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Drop a gear, and disappear

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanveer70 View Post
    To all belta owners.. unable to find the method to assess the quality of cvt fluid in my Belta, as i mentioned in previous post my car is 7.8k kms driven, recently imported and 2012 model (1000cc). It is an auctioned car with 4.5 B.A grade (checked from Japan-partner.com). I found 2 notes in Japanese language pasted inside bonut. they may be of help if some one can translate?Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club -1621034Toyota Belta Owners & Fan Club -1621035
    Few days Ago Posted these snaps of 2 stickers from engine area of my car. I tried to translate them with soft ware. One on left is about air conditioning system of the car. it is asking for 100 to plus minus 50 gm replenishment of (refrigerant), interestingly the car is dual air conditioning vehicle according this sticker, though i did not see ac ducts in rear zone! The sticker on the right is also very interesting as it recommends engine oil change at 15000km or after 12 months (whatever comes first), oil fiters also at 15000kms, air filters at 5000kms and coolant at 160000kms First change or after 7(5) years and then onwards at 80000kms or 4 (3) years.
    any comment?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the dual zone is not front and back but driver and passenger, the total weight charge of R134 is 360 grams. Its a super tiny A/C

the oil change interval is only applicable when using genuine toyota motor oils or equivalent. Toyota japan uses idemitsu or Eneos.

the rest is pretty basic stuff, the pink coolant is good for 160,000 kms in initial fill up. Dont throw it away if you ever get your car repaired, collect and reuse it. Its pretty much the same coolant as the Honda type 2 blue and mazda FL22 dark green
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the dual zone is not front and back but driver and passenger, the total weight charge of R134 is 360 grams. Its a super tiny A/C

the oil change interval is only applicable when using genuine toyota motor oils or equivalent. Toyota japan uses idemitsu or Eneos.

the rest is pretty basic stuff, the pink coolant is good for 160,000 kms in initial fill up. Dont throw it away if you ever get your car repaired, collect and reuse it. Its pretty much the same coolant as the Honda type 2 blue and mazda FL22 dark green
    SOmetimes the pink coolant tends to go down about an inch or two below the full mark in the reservoir tank. Is that ok? Normally I just top it up the tank with Toyota Long Life Coolant (Premixed)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy a jug of SLLC (super long life coolant) which is pink and use that to top off. If nothing available then distilled/reverse osmosis water will work also.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar. Thankyou for your time and explanation. I m bit confused about dual AC because nothing is different in Belta from my previous cars in respect to air conditioning system. What I understood from u that driver and passenger can maintain their temperatures independently which is not so in my car.

As far as engine oil is concerned people in general change it after 5000kms which is only 1/3 of recommendations. Do you think brand difference can make such a huge impact? I m using liquiMoli and I was told to change it after 10k kms by the one who sold it but I m not sure about the right time of changing it.

Lastly need your comments about CVT fluid change. So much is written about it in this forum which in short concludes that it should be changed after 50k kms . I can't understand why there is no clear method/guideline given by car makers, why there is
    no gauge to check the quality of CVT fluid? I m afraid to get it changed because if job is not done perfectly it may damage the transmission .
    Sorry for asking too much in one post ( trying to cash your attention!!)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanveer70 View Post
    @Xulfiqar. Thankyou for your time and explanation. I m bit confused about dual AC because nothing is different in Belta from my previous cars in respect to air conditioning system. What I understood from u that driver and passenger can maintain their temperatures independently which is not so in my car.

As far as engine oil is concerned people in general change it after 5000kms which is only 1/3 of recommendations. Do you think brand difference can make such a huge impact? I m using liquiMoli and I was told to change it after 10k kms by the one who sold it but I m not sure about the right time of changing it.

Lastly need your comments about CVT fluid change. So much is written about it in this forum which in short concludes that it should be changed after 50k kms . I can't understand why there is no clear method/guideline given by car makers, why there is
    no gauge to check the quality of CVT fluid? I m afraid to get it changed because if job is not done perfectly it may damage the transmission .
    Sorry for asking too much in one post ( trying to cash your attention!!)
    driving in Pakistan is considered extreme duty because of the massive traffic jams, the genuine toyota 0w20 etc oils are extremely high quality base stock and do go for the extended time if you change the filter in between and also take care of the air filter. It is vital to have the engine temperature at the correct range.

For your CVT fluid, the reasons to eliminate the dipstick are

1 - preventing the owner/general mechanic adding any wrong oil in there)
    2 - dealership can make more money by calling the car in for service.

change the CVT oil - its not that expensive and doesnt take long either.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar. Thankyou very much.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All and @murtaza_murti

How to fix ground clearance problem My Belta Gear oil pan damaged by hitting again and again with speed breakers.
    I replaced Suspension and tire size too but useless ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^brother i have/had same issue with my Belta. Although I took it all the way beyond Naran with 3 adults at back seat but had to cross few pot holes n bunch of speed breakers in cross cut. Beher haal, i thought about installing spacers but then dropped the idea as it was putting suspension at some risk.
    My 1300 cc came with 185/60/R15 and I changed it to 185/65/R15 again keeping in mind not to divert much from OEM figures. Not much of a surprise but seems like few speed breakers on my daily drive are not touching my Tranny pan or even chasis anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Drop a gear, and disappear

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List