0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Charade Diesel Engine Revving up by itself

I m new here. I just bought a charade 86 turbo diesel (96 recon). Its body is perfectly original. But the engine has been giving me troubles. First I had to change the gasket.But the 1st mechanic was a fraud. The second mechanic charged me Rs.1000 but the heating problem is completely fixed.

Now, a new thing happened. While returning from Islamabad one night the engine revved up by itself and went mad. There was a lot of smoke. Engine was not turning off. I thought it will catch fire. So I just ran away. But after 10 20 seconds the car turned off. After 5 or 6 minutes I tried to restart it. It started after 8 or 9 tries.

And it has again become perfectly normal again.

The mechanic says that its engine is very weak thats why "it sucked all the oil". He says that I should not repair this engine but rather get a kabli one. But I have seen a lot of people suffer at the hands of these kabli engines. So I am reluctant. Please u geeks help me out.

One other thing the pick of the car is fantastic. How can then be engine weak? It gives out smoke true. and some oil reduction also. But I mean the pick is great even then.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx a lot for ur kind replies.
    Now I m convinced that u pakwheelers really are experts.

Anyway i ve talked to some mechanics. All the experienced ones agree that the problem is with the engine "sucking oil" (whatever that means). Anyway I m not going for an engine swap.

I live in abbottabad but doing my MS Computer Engg from Islamabad and I am planning to go to pindi for engine overhaul since here the mechanics are good but they are very expensive. Can u believe here they charge Rs. 1000 for a gasket change (exclusive of parts).

Now please guide me an HONEST charade expert in pindi who is not expensive and can also bore (and put sleeves) and repair the turbo.

I am looking forward to driving my car after engine is fixed. It will INSHA ALLAH become a thorough bred again..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One more thing..

Can I get the engine fixed within Rs.18 to 20 thousand.

Thats important please.. Refer me to an HONEST and ABLE mechanic sahb in or around pindi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'll advise you to visit the gawalmandi area. There are plenty of mechanics there who can fix it up for you. I'm not too sure if this can be done in this budget but you can get the estimate from there. Mechanics usually say that the increased pick is because of the oil burning alongside the fuel which gives the engine more power (and thus oil is reduced from the chamber as a result of this combustion).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List