I was reading all the previous threads of charade swaps and have now decided to swap my charade's engine.
I am not willing to go for stock engines or 4afe/4efe etc because they are way old engines of 1990s. I will keep this car with me for next 4-5 years more and willing to have a newer engine such as vitz, cultus etc.
Please suggest me whether I should go for 1NZ-FE or 2NZ-FE? 2NZ is 1300cc which is economical as compare to 1500cc but that doesn't matter to me as I will be travelling day and nights on NH.
I am in Karachi so Ser_GTR I read alot of your threads mainly on azicoll swap thread. I would be kind if you can participate as It is my first car (bought from my own salary not dad's) and I even dont know what suspension/axle etc are and what they do
I just need a comfortable ride which do not disturb me or my family while travelling across pakistan.
My stock engine is CB23 i guess its 1000cc. It was bought way back in 2003 (as i have receipt in file) and last time, I tried to get the head open for gasket issue. condition was not good and I do not trust any engine being repaired in Pakistan. Moreover, its not EFI and parts will be obsolete very soon.
I have another question regarding tyres after swap. I should ask in same thread or I should create separate thread in relevant section?
Oh btw, It is a family car. Me, my wife and my 11 months old love to drive back and forth from Hyderabad.
Okay in total these are the questions :
1. 1NZ-fe or 2NZ-fe (Suggestions are welcome if you have any other new engine in mind manufactured after 2002 and onwards, must be EFI. I hate carburetors dont ask why but i hate it).
2. Any good mechanic? I know few bike mechanics but as this is first car, I dont know any. Most of the work I get done is from road mechanics near mukka chowk. I need a very reliable ride. I will be travelling with my wife on long routes.
3. Engine rates + labour nowadays? I see rates in threads of 2009 and 2010 but its 2012 you know
4. Tyres!!! I got a feeling that tyres will gonna burst on my next trip. I plan to go for 15 size low profile or semi profile tyres for better road grip and widest possible. Will that be problem after swapping as I will be having a powerful engine.
5. Any senior member who is interested to spare few hours to assist me in day to day decisions like suspension works, engine bay coloring, axle, etc?
Would love to see the response. I plan to do swap in early feb.
See ya guys. Have a good day!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad