Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Charade 88 Engine suggestion required

Hi,
    I was reading all the previous threads of charade swaps and have now decided to swap my charade's engine.

I am not willing to go for stock engines or 4afe/4efe etc because they are way old engines of 1990s. I will keep this car with me for next 4-5 years more and willing to have a newer engine such as vitz, cultus etc.

Please suggest me whether I should go for 1NZ-FE or 2NZ-FE? 2NZ is 1300cc which is economical as compare to 1500cc but that doesn't matter to me as I will be travelling day and nights on NH.

I am in Karachi so Ser_GTR I read alot of your threads mainly on azicoll swap thread. I would be kind if you can participate as It is my first car (bought from my own salary not dad's) and I even dont know what suspension/axle etc are and what they do

I just need a comfortable ride which do not disturb me or my family while travelling across pakistan.

My stock engine is CB23 i guess its 1000cc. It was bought way back in 2003 (as i have receipt in file) and last time, I tried to get the head open for gasket issue. condition was not good and I do not trust any engine being repaired in Pakistan. Moreover, its not EFI and parts will be obsolete very soon.

I have another question regarding tyres after swap. I should ask in same thread or I should create separate thread in relevant section?

Oh btw, It is a family car. Me, my wife and my 11 months old love to drive back and forth from Hyderabad.

Okay in total these are the questions :

1. 1NZ-fe or 2NZ-fe (Suggestions are welcome if you have any other new engine in mind manufactured after 2002 and onwards, must be EFI. I hate carburetors dont ask why but i hate it).

2. Any good mechanic? I know few bike mechanics but as this is first car, I dont know any. Most of the work I get done is from road mechanics near mukka chowk. I need a very reliable ride. I will be travelling with my wife on long routes.

3. Engine rates + labour nowadays? I see rates in threads of 2009 and 2010 but its 2012 you know

4. Tyres!!! I got a feeling that tyres will gonna burst on my next trip. I plan to go for 15 size low profile or semi profile tyres for better road grip and widest possible. Will that be problem after swapping as I will be having a powerful engine.

5. Any senior member who is interested to spare few hours to assist me in day to day decisions like suspension works, engine bay coloring, axle, etc?

Would love to see the response. I plan to do swap in early feb.

See ya guys. Have a good day!

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Have a look on my ride

Fully genuine car model 86 recondition 93

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Dear i also have daihatsu charade 1994model. i also face your like problem

Quote Originally Posted by leolove110 View Post
    Nope,
    If I had to oppose Xulfiqar or anyone, I would have created a topic like Hey I need a swapped engine. get it done and get paid

Actually, I am unable to find good charade engine. I travel alot and mostly with my wife and kid. So, I do not want to be stood up at Pattokhi and mechanic says, your piston needs to be replace and we have to get it from karachi or lahore.

Is it possible if I hire expertise of any pakwheeler who can look after whole swap/same engine replacement etc? Hire means paid in currency ofcourse.

To be very honest, I chose this car because I was not able to afford any other car and mehran etc I dont like it.

Okay if I do go for swap, what problems could I face? and if a pakwheeler is willing to help me physically in Karachi, Would he able to make my ride a reliable one with swapped engine???

I mean lets say I choose wrong mechanic who ruins the car. But a guy who have done this before, will already have experience what to do and donts. That will make a reliable ride or not?

dear i was confuse to install vitz 2003 engine in my daihatsu charade 1994. but now i am very very satisfied with this engine performance. and the bakwas about the car oldnes, ********. i rebuild my hole body in Rs 80,000 plus wiring 4500 engine(automatic) 50,000 thats all. now this car is most most better to all new cars. its so balance and comfortable car. my father have Mitsubishi gallant 2003 model. but my car is much batter with this.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look for a CB60 apart from cb23 as well. Back in 2007, there was already a shortage of CB engines in second hand market. I'm not sure if you will find one in good condition.

If you do find one, there would be nothing like it. I know this car inside and out and will be able to help you with a lot of things. If you do have to swap, go for Toyota 2E engine. It's a carby and fits with minimal modifications to the mounts and axles.

Keep us posted.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2E or 4AFE