Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: my charade 86 g11 after a visit to the body shop.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my charade 86 g11 after a visit to the body shop.

Aoa all,

thought id post a few pics of my charade after her visit to the body shop

1-had some minor rust issues resolved.
    2-waxing
    3-touchups on the right side due to some dents.

Im not overly satisfied with the shine of the paint. The body shops asked me to send her for another visit and they will take care of the shine.

kept the orginal body parts in genuine paint. shes still 70 percent orignal MASHALLAH.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the usual cause of failure in the CB23 is using overly thick oil in the engine and running it dead cold, this causes low oil flow to the cylinder head, When you take off the head you will notice an oil jet in the cylinder block, this oil jet is very small and is placed at the factory to have more oil "flow" to the crank compared to the head - It also ensures rapid oil pumping action to the crankshaft when the engine starts.

This alone dictates a lower viscosity requirement for engine oil to allow lots of oil to flow to the bearing parts of the engine, using a stiff 20W50 may cause problems and put extra load on the oil pump too. The operational temperature of the engine is critical too, it should warm up nicely and evenly to 82C. You will also notice there is no PCV valve in this engine, it has two PCV pipes one is on the oil cap which itself acts like a catch can and it works at idle speed, the other pipe goes into the air cleaner box and gets suction when you accelerate the engine.

I had come across quite a no. of CB23 engines in pk where the ustaad RA had hogged out that oil jet assuming higher oil flow and some also simply had hammered a rubber plug in place of the oil cap (no threads on CB23 oil cap) because they could not find a replacement oil cap - a new one was about Rs 400/- when I lived in Pk.

Not maintaining the PCV system or having leaks in the engine can cause the oil to start sludging (very quickly if the engine is run dead cold).

After such mishandling the chain reaction of cam wear, rocker shaft wear and noise starts.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Explains.a lot about my old CB23.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the usual cause of failure in the CB23 is using overly thick oil in the engine and running it dead cold, this causes low oil flow to the cylinder head, When you take off the head you will notice an oil jet in the cylinder block, this oil jet is very small and is placed at the factory to have more oil "flow" to the crank compared to the head - It also ensures rapid oil pumping action to the crankshaft when the engine starts.

This alone dictates a lower viscosity requirement for engine oil to allow lots of oil to flow to the bearing parts of the engine, using a stiff 20W50 may cause problems and put extra load on the oil pump too. The operational temperature of the engine is critical too, it should warm up nicely and evenly to 82C. You will also notice there is no PCV valve in this engine, it has two PCV pipes one is on the oil cap which itself acts like a catch can and it works at idle speed, the other pipe goes into the air cleaner box and gets suction when you accelerate the engine.

I had come across quite a no. of CB23 engines in pk where the ustaad RA had hogged out that oil jet assuming higher oil flow and some also simply had hammered a rubber plug in place of the oil cap (no threads on CB23 oil cap) because they could not find a replacement oil cap - a new one was about Rs 400/- when I lived in Pk.

Not maintaining the PCV system or having leaks in the engine can cause the oil to start sludging (very quickly if the engine is run dead cold).

After such mishandling the chain reaction of cam wear, rocker shaft wear and noise starts.
    She is running just fine Xulfi. In fact after the last visit to the mechanic , im enjoying the old experience once again. The road grip , the acceleration the "charade feel" is pretty much back. However the oil issue is still not cured 100 percent. As far as the cap goes , it has the original oil cap . This is not ordinary beat up charade. Its pampered and well tended.

I wish you were here and cure its remaining ailments with you shifa

INSH ALLAH we will meet one day in Huston and work on the corvette c5 z06 i have in mind.
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List