Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to alter Digital RPM meter (Diesel to Petrol Engine) of Daihatsu Charade

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question How to alter Digital RPM meter (Diesel to Petrol Engine) of Daihatsu Charade

I recently got a Original digital speedometer for my petrol Charade.

Following pic is taken from the internet,
    How to alter Digital RPM meter Diesel to Petrol Engine of Daihatsu Charade -1559839

And we just come to know that the speedometer was taken from a Diesel Engine Charade. My electrician is telling me that in order to make RPM work it needs to be altered. Currently it requires fuel pump, as a diesel engine does not have coil. We tried it with the electrical coil but it didn't work.

Can some body help me.
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your electrician is wrong. There was no diesel charade with this gauge cluster, If you want another proof - the rpm meter in the diesel charade redlines at 5000 rpm.

For this type of gauges the tachometer was driven from an external amplifier box that was mounted to the firewall of the car.

Find a gauge technician, they will be able to drive the tach, its not very hard for them to do.

I dont quite recall the exact name of this model of G11 that came with this gauge, but it had the strangest interior color - very dark blue with red printed squares (not checker design) on the door cards and seats. It also had brushes alumnium finish on the A/C control levers and door pulls.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually we did see that heater symbol (circled in red below) while we were testing the connections.

How to alter Digital RPM meter Diesel to Petrol Engine of Daihatsu Charade -1560274

Do you know anyone in Karachi that is the guage technician.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your electrician is wrong. There was no diesel charade with this gauge cluster, If you want another proof - the rpm meter in the diesel charade redlines at 5000 rpm.

For this type of gauges the tachometer was driven from an external amplifier box that was mounted to the firewall of the car.

Find a gauge technician, they will be able to drive the tach, its not very hard for them to do.

I dont quite recall the exact name of this model of G11 that came with this gauge, but it had the strangest interior color - very dark blue with red printed squares (not checker design) on the door cards and seats. It also had brushes alumnium finish on the A/C control levers and door pulls.
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about the 6000 rpm tacho?

there are meter repair shops on the first floor of plaza market. Very famous ones, take yours there and ask them to make it work, they will have the controller too.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List