95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default BHP Motorsport's ,,,,,,,,City

Today coming out of Y block i see this silver color city with rear wing and a huge exhaust cruising. didnt take me long to figure who's car is it. i go behind him , one of the partners of BHP,, we drag inbetween slow traffic,, quite a test of skills, but i tell you this modded city is real fast,,and exhaust sounds as if engine's gonna explode, kinda got me wondering what the hell is going on in his car. he hasnt left any point which could slow down the acceleration and this city pulls like anything, not sure what engine is in there, but have an idea it has type R acura powerplant swaped,, cost him a lot.. its fun to drag with fast cars at least you dont feel yr wasting yr fuel. i called him to register PW and post his comments on here,, so hopefully tomorrow we'll see his car pics around here somewhere.

,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Neo961Being a So Called "Tuner" you should know what the importance of a Dyno is in Tuning business and Why is it necessary? If you do not know, then let me tell you. There are two ways to measure engine power. 1st is the engine dynamometer (used by engine manufacturers and certain engine tuners and the measuring unit is known as Bhp or Brake Horse power) which is used prior to the engine being placed in the vehicle, very easy and simple but once the engine is bolted down in the vehicle this engine dynamometer becomes a long and tedious process. So to simplify things a rolling Dynamometer also known as chassis dynamometers, these are used to measure power at the driving wheels. This avoids the inconvenience of having to remove the engine to test it if a tuning modification has been made. However, it means that the power figures obtained will be lower than the flywheel power because of the frictional losses in the drive train and tires.

What is a drive train loss? Well all mechanical systems suffer from friction and a proportion of the power fed into a system will get dissipated by friction and turn into heat and noise. Note the key phrase there - "power fed into a system". For there to be a loss there must be an input - simple and obvious yes but we'll see the relevance in a minute. When your car is parked overnight with the engine switched off, the transmission losses are obviously zero. When the car is running then some proportion of the flywheel power will be lost in the gearbox, final drive, drive shaft bearings, wheel bearings and tires. For a given mechanical system these losses will usually stay close to a particular fixed %. For example if the loss percentage was 10% (just picking a nice round number for ease of explanation) and the car cruising on a level road was developing 20 bhp at the crankshaft then 2 bhp would get absorbed as friction. Under full power, say 100 bhp, then 10 bhp would get absorbed.
    Now it is true that not every component in a transmission system absorbs a fixed % of the input power. Some components like oil seals and non driven meshed gears (as in a normal car multi speed gearbox) have frictional losses which are not affected by the input torque. These losses do increase with speed of course but at a given rpm can be taken to remain constant even if the engine is tuned to give more power. We'll look at real world transmission loss percentages later. Finally, the biggest source of loss in the entire transmission system of a car is in the tires - they account for half or more of the total losses between the flywheel and the rollers. Each set of driven gears, i.e. the final drive gear or the particular gearbox ratio that you happen to be testing the car in, only absorbs about 1% to 2% of the engine's power.
    The average front wheel drive road car with between 100 and 200 bhp loses about 15% of the engine bhp as transmission losses.
    The average rear wheel drive road car with between 100 and 200 bhp loses about 17% of the engine bhp as transmission losses.
    The 2% increase in losses over front wheel drive is because the differential has to turn the drive through 90 degrees at the back axle which soaks up a bit more of the engine's power.
    So back to the point being, how would you know what modification is actually increasing or decreasing the given horsepower of a particular car? The Dynamometer is the Answer! That is the reason Tuners swear by a Dynamometer. You not having dyno in your shop, and modifying cars will be Like Shooting Arrows in The Dark! This process is not only followed by us but the whole industry in the whole world, no matter where you are. Hope you get the point.

@mrhot2000
    “dyno figures change with change in wheel sizes so its stupid to consider that a dyno can tell exactly how fast a baby will go. but it can give a good idea on power at crank to cacluate performance power use real world conditions that is what the pros do they setup a car and they test it on track and”
    Yes dyno figures change with the wheel size and it’s the same in real conditions too and by the same amount. Sorry Dynos do not tell you how fast your car will go but how much of torque and whp your car is churning out and it is not measured at the crank it is measured at the wheels on the Chassis Dyno. There is a big difference between the wheels and the crank. Its at the wheels where it matters most coz that is what your first contact is to the surface of the road. Yes to calculate Time and speed pros test their cars on a track and on the street to save money (using the track facilities costs money and a deserted street does not) and so does everyone else including me and FLi or anyone out there. Hope I have cleared some of you misconceptions bro!

@Salarzae
    I will try but he only knows how to work the switch under the acceleration pedal. I just could not find it, lol! Must be going blind and stupid, lol!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mrhot_in_da_summer_of_2000

If u r rite then why shud some1 pay 300k AED (approx 50 lakh Rs.) to buy Dyno's alone..?? I think they are fool to spend it, Period.

When u don't know tech and keeps on calling the dog a sheep, thats when I call it BENCH RACING....

Btw, I came to Dubai (as per u'r advice) and got life here.... u go get some hazmina.... its good for digestion..!!!

:O
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

STOP THIS FIGHTING..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi lahoreeeeee brothers stop this fighting and post some other newly modified cars pics to discuss some engine mods and other thigs on that cars so plz post some pics waiting 4 ......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TO ALL
    This is not a fight it is just a discussion and changing of views. And an Opputunity for all os us to learn
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dang!!! uuuuurrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!

I hate admitting..... __________________ .....

Better..I shut up!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello lahoree i think so brother tum log jab tak kute ki dum seedhee naheen karo ge tab tak is main kuch naya post naheen karage i think so plz stop and star some new post some other cars pics of your city check out my city latest modify civic pic PEKHAWAR
    BHP Motorsports City -625513

BHP Motorsports City -625514

BHP Motorsports City -625515

BHP Motorsports City -625516

BHP Motorsports City -625517

BHP Motorsports City -625518

BHP Motorsports City -625519

BHP Motorsports City -625520

THIS BLACK 88CIVIC IS THE FASTEST CIVIC HAVING SOCH MODS
    BHP Motorsports City -625521

BHP Motorsports City -625522

GUYS FOR ALLOVER PAKISTAN POST YOUR CITY CARS PICS IN REPLY WE WILL BE WAITIN

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guess what Neo's City is forsale anyone want to buy it here is the link. It seems like a nice car. Btw, Neo dude where are you, long time no see. Miss the discussions with you.

https://www.pakwheels.com/xt_details.asp?CarId=6754

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi racerf1..im here...yeah i had fun disscusing things with you...(no harch feelings)would really like to meet you guyz...i dont know if u ppl are planning to meet in lhr sometime sooner..!?..im going to start another project..but im still having fun with my NEO..!
    Quarter mile is all i live for..!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Neo
    None taken! Regarding meeting well you just missed one in Isloo where some friends fron Dubai were there but Maybe in the Next Lahore meet one of us will be there again. So what is your next project going to be?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well...INSHALLAH..im planing on the next project...it'l be probably H22 turbo...still im open for ideas or options...there are many EVOs and Supras here getting ready for big horsepowers...so competing them is going to be fun...so what do you suggest..?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

neo: a guy i met said his friend's civic fastest in lhr, and has a stock engine, asking me to drag, i was like ???.. then later in talks he mentioned its a short shifter gearbox with top speed of 190km/hr.lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. i said ok next time i hit motorway he can drag with me till sukkheki...))).
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

comparing awd evo to rwd,, that's a real comparision unless ppl have no clue about awd. they just wanna drag drag till someone loses a car. id prefare a GT-4 anytime for this kind of thing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think ul kick him on motorway levin...about awd...thats what im talking about..i was in singapore where i met a guy, we had a similar kind of chat...he said you ppl are talking about dragging civics with sti s.... we've kicked *** of sooped-up evos with civics with b18..now thats what i call fun..!! one of our khan brothers have sent there car abroad(dont know exactly where) claiming 900hp civic...spent over 30lacs...i bet that is going to be BIGGGG...lets see..!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Neo
    Well depends what you like, Imean do you want to stay with Honda or change to a new brand. In Honda I would say go with the S2000 its an amazing chassis, very stiff and lot of support available for upgrades. Otherwise you have the Celica, Evo, STI and etc.

as for the news about the Civic being modified by a certain Khan. I think 900hp is a lot for that car to be a daily driver or be driven normal on the streets. It can only be carried on a trailer or tow truck. But there will be other issues involved with the Civic once it achieves that kind of power and the main one is traction. FWD have a big issue with traction and I am sure all would agree with me on that since there is no proper racing track available. And AWD cars have an advantage over RWD and FWD no matter what the track conditions are. As for a different news there is a certain person also here in Dubai who is preparing a Evo with some serious power and I am sorry I cannot take names. Hope you understand!

But before you do start on the project do some research on what kind of setup or direction of the setup do you want to go with, It helps to have well layed out plan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first they need a roll cage. reving up b18 to 15000 , 900hp can be acheived but chassis actually is built for 100hp car,, where they gonna drive it, this country has no safe tracks, probably gonna get killed or kill someone... plus when you look at car as a whole there wont be any drivability,, just power . comparing it with awd corolla with 650hp, they acheived 200 mph plus mark and superb acceleration on european road acceleration. another example rebuilding a starlet with huge slicks, two fuel pumps, what and whatnot,, sold for high price, was only uasable on tracks..so spending so much money just to beat a evo isnt a fantastic idea, cause sooner or later somebody will get another awd car with better traction,, ... not to mentioned the famous supra with 1400hp. , now that's a very strong chassis in comparision to civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@levin

they can make 1900bhp car, and u don't have to doubt it....

but then they are gonna drive the way u drive..... 60km/h.. lol!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lala, my car has more drivability. you drove it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@levin

The sweet ride of u'r car is still fresh in my mind. I'm not getting a chance to express it. Even today I was telling my Syrian frend about how sleeper devil it is....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List