0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Xli & CITY.......Comparison

AOA pakwheelers........i have been lookin that from last few days many people are confused whether to buy City 09 or Xli 09 as they r available on almost the same price.......since both cars(Gli & City) are available for me thatsy i am posting an interior & exterior Review via Video......According to me City is much better than Xli because of the following Factors:

1) Presence of ABS

2) Better Drive(good road grip & better Handling)

3) Power windows,Matching Side mirrors

4) Better Engine(performance wise as it heavier too)

5) Even with these better features City is Cheaper than Xli

here is the video Link:

Critisms & Comments r most welcomed......do share ur views!

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is nothing wrong in being fan of any car, but for comparison there should be some logic, and on logic XLI fans cant beat city, and yes i agree GLI is better for comparison with City.

u r right but rolla fans were doing biased comparisons

they were biased towards rolla and were not admitting the real facts about both cars

[/quote]

Cut the crap.. you guys are not simply getting it. Im not a corolla fan. And I like Honda more than corolla. And this is the reason I have Honda city 2005 as my personal car instead of a corolla. The car performance is such that im extremely happy with my choice of buying Honda city.

But, It's all about personal choice due to which someone prefers an XLI over a City. Logic for you has nothing to do with logic for someone else.

I take my case.

I agree City 2009 has better features than XLI. Power windows, ABS, colors etc. general consensus

City drive is better than XLI. General consensus

Quality of parts in City maybe better than XLI. Many people agree

But for me, looks of XLI 2009 are way better than City 09.

That last point is so important for me that I'll simply choose XLI 2009 over City 2009 if i have to buy a car right now. Afterall why people pay such a high price for Ferarri? Why Merc? Looks definitely is one reason. To me, XLI 09 model looks like a more expensice car than city 2009. No matter city score so many points over other things, but car appearance is what im concerned most. And thus XLI is a logical choice for me. After all, you should buy the car which gives u maximum satisfaction, and i know having the XLI in black color, will give me greater satisfaction.

[/quote]

when i said that u were a corolla fan ??? :O
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rozzz: bhai i also own both cars(gli & city) but still i supported city because it is much better than xli....in case of gli i have already said that there is not much difference but it much depends on the preferences....as to rolla fans i myself say that there is no problem in becomin a fan but this thread is to tell people about pros & cons of both cars & to give them unbiased comparisons but Mr.ahsan(blocked) gave lame reasons & we all know what was his comparison(totally lame) in spite of the fact that he didnot own either of these cars....my request is not to mislead people & give opinions based on facts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaheel_shael & everyone:

All right! Corolla is SH*T.
    No! Even SH*T drives better than Corolla but, just get over it!

It has been 8 pages uptil now and Honda-biased replies out-do replies in favor of Corolla by a rough estimate of 7-to-1. Oh and most of the people who replied were between 15 to 17. GREAT!

shaheel_shael, from your thread and the replies it seems too obvious to me that you intentionally made this thread and actually you favor City, or perhaps just to gain some attention. Eitherway, all you people are doing is nothing but wasting space on the server where this site is hosted.

I have driven both cars and if i were to chose between the 1.3 models, I would spend some extra money and take GLi over XLi and City everytime.

I think you guys have lost all your rationality. In my view both the cars cannot be compared. It is like comparing Civic vs Belta.

Just becase some 15-year-old-red-top-K20A-hypnotized-wannabe-drift-king favours a particular car, doesn't neccessarily make that car the best.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^ i went through the whole thread again & found that there were only 7 out of almost 40 people who replied were below 18 years.....now comin to ur reply, firstly this thread is NOT wasting the space but has helped many people....the day when i made this thread there were 3 other topics in which people were askin the same question but now after few days i dun see ny thread regardin the same issue,secondly, i would advise u to go through the thread again espacially my replies cuz i was never biased but always told the facts & most of the people agreed....now comin to Gli....i always said that city is better than Xli but for Family Gli is much better & in case of city & Gli it much depends on preferences....i would request u to go through the thread before givin opinions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ shaheel_shael

It is indeed a very helpful thread brother...
    Drive slowly and attentively! It's the only solution to avoid severe on-road accidents.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but still ill go fr a brand new gli any day!
    city entiror is not much attractive
    -Words and cheques should not be dishonored-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaheel_shael

^^^^ i went through the whole thread again & found that there were only 7 out of almost 40 people who replied were below 18 years.....now comin to ur reply, firstly this thread is NOT wasting the space but has helped many people....the day when i made this thread there were 3 other topics in which people were askin the same question but now after few days i dun see ny thread regardin the same issue,secondly, i would advise u to go through the thread again espacially my replies cuz i was never biased but always told the facts & most of the people agreed....now comin to Gli....i always said that city is better than Xli but for Family Gli is much better & in case of city & Gli it much depends on preferences....i would request u to go through the thread before givin opinions

Check the frequency of 15-17'ers replies. Yes i did. I got the impression that whenever 2-3 people replied in favor of City, your obvious reply was along the lines of "... oh yes, now it can be seen that most of the people favor city", whereas infact, you people do not even consider long term prospects of both cars.

I find it funny when people here give verdict on local cars as if they have been retired F1 drivers.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tech_wiz
    u think that guys who were less than 17 and posted their views here are idiots.shake your mind a little bit Brother. it were the rolla fans who were doing biased comparisons. look at the previous 2 pages again.
    Thank you
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city can be compare with gli and there is lot ov leading features in gli.

luk,ABS,interior material quality,road grip goes in favour ov gli
    i m kind enough to forgive u but not fool enough to trust u

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^thnx for ur suggestion in favour of Gli..... Let me tell u,the looks of city arent bad at all,secondly,Abs is present in both cars & drive of both cars is equally gud ,i agree on the quality of city,it could have been better but the price compensates for it i guess i.e the difference of more than 1lacs

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nasir_zaidi: thanx sir for appreciatin

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@slr: agreed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulkarim

@Khurem:

I agree with you. But I have some reservations bro. Lets say your driving at 80 to 100km/hr speed on GT Road and a donkey comes in front of you, is the look of the car gonna save your car or the Safety ABS breaking system? Second, If ur entering your car and its hot just as in these days and you wanna wind your four windows down for air circulation, will you get out of car and manually wind every window down or you'l prefer to just press four buttons down and get your windows down? Are you paying 1.3 million to manually wind your windows down.. just because of looks? I agree the look of new xli is dashing than city, but trust me, the front side of new city is wayyyyyyy better.. so the first impression of any person that sees your car from front is already impressive.. so? Alot of things matter and i am sure this debate can never finish... for me or others on this forum supporting City is simple... Safety, Comfort and then comes look... I care about myself and my family.. So compromising ABS for looks is out of the question!

Your concerns are absolutely right. No denying that. But if i take my case personally, I've been driving much iniferior Suzuki cars (khyber, mehran, Alto, cultus) throughout my life.. So talking about safety..it was even worse than what i will get in XLI. Everything is relative...and if i relate my experience with 10 year old suzuki cars, than a brand new XLI will give me a lot of comfort. Plus, City is not the ultimate safety solution that nothing can happen in it. **** happens and it's all about luck. If a fatal accident is written in ur fate then you can get injured in the most safety SUV that the world has produced. Surely City safety features wont be comparable to the top 10 safest cars in the world. To me, having a relative higher level of safety is not worth that much than the feel of driving in a much beautiful car.

And what safety man? Im living in Pakistan - in the city of Karachi, and working near American consulate and a five star hotel where there have been 2-3 bombing incidents already! City can't give me that safety to get me un-harmed from a bombing incident.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Khurem:

Bro you dont get the point.. Why would I pay extra money for a car that has no safety measures? I would prefer to go for a little cheaper car with confortable drive and safety packages.. Alot of people here agree that the new city is a beautiful car, and with the passage of time, you will see. The market of this city will go up because its in our culture (Pakistanis), we dont accept any new thing all of a sudden... It takes time before we adjust! Maximum six months, you will witness how people will love the new city.. already i am seeing alot of them on the roads..

Now coming to fate: well my bro, fate is destined.. no one can change it.. but a true believer always knows he/she have to take some safety measures to stay safe.. I cannot just go and start taking risk of hurting my self just because I believe in fate.. The logicial point am trying to clearify here is: Why wouldnt I spend 1.2 million for a car that has safety n comfort instead of spending 1.25 million for car without safety, power windows etc..just because of looks? lozz... it makes no sense.. but it all depends on your choice.. if you luv the xli then my bro go for it...

I have seen some members on this forum getting hyped for nothing... This is a healthy debate going on and trust me, No one on this forum is against Corolla or supporting City.. we are just communicating what best we can get in a good price.. simple!

@
    tech_wiz
    :

Bro take it easy.. a 14 - 17 years old are sometimes more intelligent that a 21 years old just as you are.. dont be so angry dude.. we are just discussing somethings out here.. As far as the server space is concerned, I think our PW was made for such forums, its a platform where we can have healthy debates and discussions.. nothing to take personal bro.. trust me, this thread helped me decide which car to go for.. I was confused but finally made up my mind for the new city!

Cheers!!!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tech_wiz, u knw there are 15 yr olds out there hu r better drivers than u r, love for cars has no boundaries my frnd...........u cant judge 1s love for cars by age.............i say there r kids out there hu have more knowledge about cars than urs n mine combined, so take it easy!!!