0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default -------Problems in New City 2009------------------

Plz disscuss the problem u face with ur new City 2009 and as wel as the good thing u see .Plz just give ur comments only for information abt the guide line for new purshaser of City 2009

PLZ plz plz only City 2009 peoples just comment

no comment on Corolla 2009

..PLZ

Thanx in Advance for co-operation both City and Corolla Peoples...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Would appreciate if someone could help me out regarding shifting of gears. Whenever I shift from 2nd to 3rd or from 4th to 3rd gear, the gear seems to get stuck (momentarily) and the shifting is not that smooth. Am I doing something wrong? Am I not pressing the clutch correctly or is it due to a faulty clutch or low gear oil level. I bought the city in October last year so it's only 10 months old. Mileage is on the low side (only 4300 kms) as I have driven the car locally in Islamabad only. Would appreciate your help in this regard.
    P.S I went to Honda Classic and the mechanic told me that I was not pressing the clutch fully. I wear a size 47 shoe so probably that could be the reason but then its always good to ask.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bought city on 25th may 2010, facing following problems

1. hard suspension
    2. front shocks are very week
    3. cheapest martial quality that i ever seen in 1.3 litre
    4. no trunk light
    5. no high mount break light
    6. no EBD
    7. no 4 wheel disk
    Rest is good.
    i m kind enough to forgive u but not fool enough to trust u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. ABS kicks in more often than the VTEC does even though im using Yokohama DB 185/65/15
    2. no trunk light
    3. car is too light weight (but that makes it nippy and agile at the same time)
    4. no splash guard under the engine from the factory...had to get one fitted myself from the dealership for Rs700
    5. headlight illumination is just so so
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    1: Pathetic interior quality.
    2:Rear poor suspension.
    3:NO trunk light.
    4:no high mount stop lamp.
    5:The alpine cd player which the started corolla offers in 2006
    6:Rear ugly lights
    7:NO space for front fog lights u have to cut the bumper.
    1. By pathetic, people generally mean "Black" (because its difficult to clean). There is nothing else 'pathetic' about the interior. However, in my experience, I clean the interior once in two months, and it remains even dust free for this time period. Also, Corolla in the US and in other countries is sold with black interior and City with non-black interior (out side Pakistan). If Black was bad, they would have not done that. Black is just nice.

2. Poor Suspension? This is something no one here in the forum can mathematically describe. Its baseless and useless claim.

3. No trunk light: After buying a car for almost 1.3 million, spend 500 rupees and get it installed. This is not a point to dislike a car.

4. No high mount stop lamp: No body gives a damn about it.

5. Alpine CD Player: They put this so that you can have choice. You can later put a better CD player or a navigation system which fits bolt-to-bolt in it and looks phenomenal. Or if you don't like a navigation system, you can put a better CD player and put the one that you like.

6. Rear Ugly lights: To some they are ugly, to others they are a clone of BMW 3 series which isn't as ugly as everyone calls it.

7: Under the bumper there is proper space for the place which needs to be cut to put fog lights. They have left out that space deliberately. This way, those who want to install fog lights will be able to do it, and those who don't want to install it, will not look stupid by having a space for fog lights with nothing in it.
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyfunny View Post
    bought city on 25th may 2010, facing following problems

1. hard suspension
    2. front shocks are very week
    3. cheapest martial quality that i ever seen in 1.3 litre
    4. no trunk light
    5. no high mount break light
    6. no EBD
    7. no 4 wheel disk
    Rest is good.
    About suspension, shocks and material you can read the above post.

About EBD and 4 Wheel disk: I have Toyota Corolla Gli too, which claims to have both. The breaks of GLi are like 50x worst than City. Everytime you have to hit breaks, everyone in the car gets a good nice jerk and is pushed forward. Even if you're breaking at 5 Km/h.

4-Wheel disk is not always the best. For some reason City does stop at a decent distance from 100 to zero and still avoids people getting thrown towards the windscreen. How do they do it? I don't care. But they do. And I love this about City.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    1. ABS kicks in more often than the VTEC does even though im using Yokohama DB 185/65/15
    2. no trunk light
    3. car is too light weight (but that makes it nippy and agile at the same time)
    4. no splash guard under the engine from the factory...had to get one fitted myself from the dealership for Rs700
    5. headlight illumination is just so so
    You probably are getting a lost worst fuel average than most people. How do I know it? Because of your complain with ABS. For me this never happens. I remember last time I felt ABS was about 2 months ago.

Car is too light weight: This helps us get the phenomenal mileages we are getting. Light weight is better. I once got myself 26 Km/l by driving it at 80 on the motorway. I know this would have never happened if I had driven GLi on the same track at the same speed because of the weight.

There are two splash guards under the engine where they are needed (under the generator and the opposite side. The middle in my opinion does need air coming through it which should keep the engine at a much better temperature when its open as compared to when its closed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    I also owned city in 2010 and same missings i.e arm rest, inner brake light, no light in boot. and also i found minimum road grip on motorway (M-1) tyres pressure are normal 32 front and 30 rear single person drive. for knocking from where we bring japani petrol, Honda has to make cars for pakistan. In other countries 1.5 litre engines are used only in Pakistan 1.3 litre. ????????
    What do you mean you "owned" where did it go?

About Knocking.. even on Pakistani petrol its not as bad as people are writing. May be they take the car to their village where it starts knocking, in normal roads, it doesn't happen with me.

The "SIMPLEST" Solution is to put 500 rupees of Hi-Octane, that's it. For me it completely eliminates knocking.

Even if you fill the whole take up with high octane, its not that expensive. Where you put 2000 rupees of Petrol, you will put 2300 rupees of it? And with hi-octane you will get much better mileage so the extra money you spend will be compensated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ibbywheels View Post
    What is the fuel avg everyone s facing, i just got this car, it doesnt top 10.2 for me on one tank, avg being 9.5, in the city. I dont drive fast and try to maintain constant speed on low rpms. Is there anything wrong with my car? Its Automatic btw.
    I have manual, my best so far is 26.2 km/l on highway, and 18 km/l on local.

If I go at 90-100 km/h on motorway (with AC), I get 23 Km/l from Peshawar to Rawalpindi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1)Roads have nothing to do with 'knocking'.
    2)Hi-Octane does not results in better mileage
    3)Hi-octane is not available everywhere. The availability is a serious issue even here in Lahore
    4)Why did you buy a city when you could buy a civic for more? Why go for a normal burger from a street vendor when you can add 200 and get one from McDonalds? See the absurdity?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    You probably are getting a lost worst fuel average than most people. How do I know it? Because of your complain with ABS. For me this never happens. I remember last time I felt ABS was about 2 months ago.

Car is too light weight: This helps us get the phenomenal mileages we are getting. Light weight is better. I once got myself 26 Km/l by driving it at 80 on the motorway. I know this would have never happened if I had driven GLi on the same track at the same speed because of the weight.

There are two splash guards under the engine where they are needed (under the generator and the opposite side. The middle in my opinion does need air coming through it which should keep the engine at a much better temperature when its open as compared to when its closed.
    yeah
    80km/h on the motorway
    the joggers who passed u, were requesting for a tow truck!!

air? cooling? better temperature? from underneath the car's body? are u serious? hope we are not discussing VW beetle here!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    1)Roads have nothing to do with 'knocking'.
    2)Hi-Octane does not results in better mileage
    3)Hi-octane is not available everywhere. The availability is a serious issue even here in Lahore
    4)Why did you buy a city when you could buy a civic for more? Why go for a normal burger from a street vendor when you can add 200 and get one from McDonalds? See the absurdity?
    Wah! Roads have nothing to do with knocking.. Probably that's why no body hears it on Motorway and its only audible when you have to stop and accelerate (mostly on speed bumps and khadaz). If you did have experience with this you would never make this god-awful claim.

2. High Octane does not result in better mileage: This may be true for cars which run fine on normal petrol. But it is not true for the cars which are specifically designed to run on fuel with higher octane. City is no exception. If it "WAS" designed for normal petrol, it would never knock. So the virtue of the fact that it does knock, also proves the point that its designed to run on higher octane and therefore it will undoubtedly produce much better mileage with the fuel it was designed to run on.

3. Availability: That's a relative problem. You cannot cast it on everyone. It sure is available easily in Islamabad.

4. Civic costs about 18 lack (or about 20 when it comes on the road) rupees, and City costs 12.5. Civic is 1.8L and not everyone is in need of an engine that big. City is much more economical in terms of fuel, and that is a big factor. City is sportier and lighter vehicle which some people, or some 'young people' I might say, would prefer having instead of a Civic (considering the price difference).

So this again is not a point.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal49er View Post
    yeah
    80km/h on the motorway
    the joggers who passed u, were requesting for a tow truck!!

air? cooling? better temperature? from underneath the car's body? are u serious? hope we are not discussing VW beetle here!
    At 80 joggers passed me, and at 120, you think they were flying in the Air? Its all our emotionally immature self that tells us to drive faster, otherwise the speed limit in Japan (from where all these cars are coming) is 100.

I said I got 26 km/l at 80. And I do get 23 easily at 100. And I am mature enough not to mind someone over taking me.

It ads only 15 minutes to my total commute which doesn't matter.

It is better instead of driving at 120 and then reaching home just to sit down and fĂ*rt because you'd have nothing better to do. Unless you are bill gates (which you are not), I doubt any one would loose anything by reaching 15 minutes late.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im not in a mood to argue today

neither i dislike this car otherwise i would not have bought it..in fact its my fourth Honda in a row !!

just expressing my opinion..

i dont care if the car gives someone 26 km/l or only 8 km/l

i didnt buy it for fuel economy neither do i mention anywhere in my original post anything about its fuel economy

BUT

80km/hr on the motorway is silly !
    concept of air flow from under engine for cooling is sick ! :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilal bhai just chill
    Bees waal 4 life

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aur bilal yusrat ko milta hai eik FREE WATER COOLER!!!!!!!: P just kiddin

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

deleted

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilalyusrat i know bhai u got honda city 2009 and its really gives 26km but its a car full of negative things..ur favourite honda company cant install trunk light a basic utlity,high mount stop lamp looks good which was present in old city,rear pooor suspension not as good as corolla rear pessengers will get hitted and bumped on poor roads and pakistan is full of poor roads bcoz all people dont live in lhr,fsd or khi.Interior quality is really pathetic of cheap plastic installed in every part and i know corolla has not good quality but its still better than city .
    And for u hit jerks when apply breaks its happen in civic also it has very hard and tight brakes and why seat belts are given ,they re given to put it .
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

city is insane
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

stick to the topic guys its city problems where civic comes from
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^kindly remove the pics..if u dont mind brother
    they were posted by mistake!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List