1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default City Traffic Police Lahore more of a problem for lahorites

From our own experiences and friend's feedback we have seen that city traffic police lahore has evolved into a more annoying and corrupt department much to the similarity of the earlier one.
    The only ambition of this force seems money churning from chalaans and earn commissions. hardly any concern about improvement in traffic conditions in the city.
    Many times it is observed that wardens are all quarrelling with the caught ones and letting traffic at the crossings go all messed up.
    Also there a lot of complaints about their misbehave with people on roads, and even leading to fights due to their attitude.
    if there is viewership of such authorities at this forum, i would request also on behalf of many friends to take action against such traffic wardens.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_racer94 View Post
    ^^
    So people like you are responsible for this.......
    Then 95% of Karachi is like me I suppose!
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This dog, is dog, a dog, good dog, way dog, to dog, keep dog, an dog, idiot dog, busy dog, for dog, 30 dog, seconds dog! ... Now read without the word dog.

ARS
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by longdrive View Post
    @levin
    and how will people know what is wrong if you accept everything quietly? atleast dont ask to stop complaining.
    There is a difference between complaining and learning. Our nation has the best attitude to complain but very little to learn (actually and unfortunately).

In the country where Levin, riz_ and I reside, a police officer can arrest the violator if he/she does not comply with the officer's request.

Good luck in the state of denial.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ToofaneBatameezi View Post
    Then 95% of Karachi is like me I suppose!
    Intihai sharam aur afsos ka maqam hay mere dost
    Suggestions required

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FaiezCivic View Post
    Dont blame a ferrari when you dont know how to drive.......
    errr... ok

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    Accountability, eh?

I'm with you on accountability.

But as it goes in the old folklore ''pehla patthar woh maray, jiss ka daman bilkul saaf hai''.

Is there anyone who is absolutely clean amongst us? If you haven't ever cheated, lied, stolen, ever made your father sifarish for your job, ever bribed, ever used contacts to get your things done(even gone to sit with your friend in his MCB, drank tea while he takes your utility bills - whereas old pensioners stood in scorching heat in a cue outside), ever looked at a female and wondered ''wow,what a nice ***'', ever been rude to an elder, inshort, if you haven't ever erred, I'd appreciate if you come up and criticize. Otherwise you have no right to do so.

Unfortunately, as a nation we are just a bunch of culprits. I'm not really sure if we can find a single person amongst these 170 Million 'jis ka daman saaf ho'.

We're all suffering from this fever..farak siraf degree ka hai..kissi ko 102 bukhar hai, kissi ko 104.
    Do note it's been a month since i was in lahore, but here it goes, i still haven't seen them to be as bad as their predecessors... Whenever I encountered one he was polite. It depends on the behaviour of the person too, if you misbehave with him don't think that he won't do the same. It isn't really a mystery that we aren't really the best when it comes to admitting our faults.

They are doing a much better job and lets not let a few black sheeps sully their reputation.

@ARS
    I'm totally with you on this one, the americans are asses too but the law knows how to take care of them...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what suneelmung posted is straight traffic violation..and far worse than what we daily runners sometimes do
    @bango...dude i bet if there are any pureists here...anyhow,that doesnt mean that we cannot criticize..
    i agree..criticization wont make difference...bt still betr than keeping quiet i guess
    everyone violates rules every once in a while but there are some that keep on violating every now and then which is not fair..and believe me they need to be controlled..thats the only hurdle..
    you only impose rules when things get too far...you dont think of imposing rules at places where there is little problem...so you cant completely solve problems, just gotta keep them under control

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

learning is a very very slow proses...and yes mostly people do learn..but here mostly dont due to illeteracy..
    lahore police sure is pain in **** ....no absolute doubt on that
    when you visit lahore ..you might not notice...but when you live there,you definitly will .....you gotta educate the police..look at all the aspects,if you just educate traffic police then people will stop fighting..because they know that what the warden is saying is right and though we want to put him on wrong fit but we just cant..improve techonolgy(u know proofing, a very vital thing in todays world)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still remember like four years ago when I went to visit my friend in Southlake Texas. At that time the police were in the process of getting upgrades to Dodge Chargers and so they were ruthless in giving away tickets just so they could get the chargers. This is how it's done everywhere. And if the people who are stopped by the traffic wardens talk politely there is no reason why the warden would start fighting/misbehaving with you.
    Look at it this way, they have to deal with the dungars on the road 24/7 and it gets really hard to stand there in the summer while the sun scorches you, so give em a break.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    learning is a very very slow proses...and yes mostly people do learn..but here mostly dont due to illeteracy..
    lahore police sure is pain in **** ....no absolute doubt on that
    when you visit lahore ..you might not notice...but when you live there,you definitly will .....you gotta educate the police..look at all the aspects,if you just educate traffic police then people will stop fighting..because they know that what the warden is saying is right and though we want to put him on wrong fit but we just cant..improve techonolgy(u know proofing, a very vital thing in todays world)
    In my experience, half the people do not admit their own mistakes on the road, even if they know the warden is right, they won't give in without a fight

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by driver_guy View Post
    @ riz_
    your location is wisconsin, I am not sure if you have spent some time in pak to know about the kind of law enformcement here. You can stand at any crossing on mall road lahore for a day and see for yourself..
    I am not at all in favour of any law violation but the people implementing it should be responsible and educated enough. Traffic wardens who dont even know how to behave with people can hardly bring any improvement by filling in challan forms.
    Most of the time they are abusing there power.
    taking such cases to court would only be wasting your time and money, knowing the court culture. Its the same mafia there too..
    yes i agree with driver_guy its easy to chat about pakistan problums when you are living abroad, we are the one who live here have to suffer. yes iagree police here only interested in challans for their commission, they give damm about traffic improvement!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ bango
    its not all over yet, though nobody is perfectly clean, you still nead to start from somewhere. Doing a second wrong to fix the first one only makes it worse. I dont agree we are a nation of sick people, there are a lot of good people out there who never get a chance in authoritative roles.
    btw do you know what is the criteria of hiring in these police institues? go check it and you will find how and what kind of people come up to enforce the law. Have you ever heard that police or traffic police actually helped someone when they were being robbed or bullied.
    Power and responsibility go side by side. The selection criteria of a police officer should be the toughest. but the fact is the worst people in society get roles in police through bribes and sifarishes and and as a result we have this force turning out to be the biggest abusers of their power.
    it is not just about a challan or two. It is way bigger than that, think about it...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It can be agreed that there are some misbehaving wardens but we as nation have a habit of arguing even when we are at fault.

If you are going to be rude to the guy don't expect him give you sugar coated, "well behaved" responses. He is human not a programmed robot.

STOP breaking traffic rules Dudes!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A lot has been said in the previous posts from selection criteria to wardens misbehaviour, number of challans and stuff.
    As far as the selection is concerned i dont think majority of the ppl look at this job as a reputable one, majority of the literate ones wont come to this side as its a very rough job, standing all day long on polluted, dusty roads dealing with majority of illiterate ppl (those who are literate will actually misbehave more than an illiterate one) is not an easy task. It is very easy to sit in a controlled environment and start complaining.

thing is that we as a Nation lack PATIENCE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers