Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Query about tyres for Honda City '03.(which tyres to opt for?)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Query about tyres for Honda City '03.(which tyres to opt for?)

    Salam PWers! I am thinking of installing new rims n tyres in my car. The size that i'll b opting for is 185/65/R14. Just need some opinions regarding this size, should i opt for it or stay with the stock size which is 165/80/r13.
    Also, I need some opinions about which tyre brand should i go for? I m thinking of Michelin Energy Saver or Yokohama C-drive/dB/A-drive/A-spec. Kindly post ur feedback about these tyres.

    Regards,
    Faizan

    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    jsktrading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    J Rashid is in Nela Gumband. This is the oldest tyre shop in Lahore since 1950

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahidkhan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    31
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    the patterns you mentioned all are good
    my vote goes for DB

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    musawar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Smile Maxxis tires - 100,000 warranty

    hi,


    185/70r14 is going to add few extra inch in road clearance.

    try out 185/70r14 map1 white letter made in thailand @pkr:6000/pc.


    all maxxis tires of 65+70 series carry a manufacturer's warranty for 100,000 km.

    for info you may call umer yaseen 0300-7636863


    musawar hussain

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musawar1 View Post
    hi,


    185/70r14 is going to add few extra inch in road clearance.

    try out 185/70r14 map1 white letter made in thailand @pkr:6000/pc.


    all maxxis tires of 65+70 series carry a manufacturer's warranty for 100,000 km.

    for info you may call umer yaseen 0300-7636863


    musawar hussain
    Thanx for the suggestion but i opted for yokohama C-drives in 185/65/R14. They costed me 4.3K/tire at that time.(It's a year old thread!) C-drives now cost 5.5K/tire and i reckon they are much better than any maxxis tire.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waleed80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,690
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro..tested and tried...Yokohama A drive in 185/70/13...best value for money tyre in the market for 13s

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    xyshani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    86
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    umm dude. i m not a tyre guru but ima tell you this. i have teh same model with 15 inch alloy's and yokohama tyres. and i am telling you that the ride is screwed.
    I suggest you keep your orignal 13 inch tyres and rims. 14 and 15 take the joy out of this car.

    If you want, and if you are in lahore, you can pm for my number and test drive my car before you make purchase. infact, if you still want to go to 14, you can have my 15 inch new rims and tyres for free if you give me the stock rims and tyres.. (im not kidding)
    -

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xyshani View Post
    umm dude. i m not a tyre guru but ima tell you this. i have teh same model with 15 inch alloy's and yokohama tyres. and i am telling you that the ride is screwed.
    I suggest you keep your orignal 13 inch tyres and rims. 14 and 15 take the joy out of this car.

    If you want, and if you are in lahore, you can pm for my number and test drive my car before you make purchase. infact, if you still want to go to 14, you can have my 15 inch new rims and tyres for free if you give me the stock rims and tyres.. (im not kidding)
    As i have mentioned earlier that my uncle has 15" rims on his 08 city(which is the same as 03-05 city) and the ride is actually screwed. He also has an 06 city on which he has 14" rims the ride is much better than his 08 city. Same goes for my city as the ride is superb now as i have gone 185/65/R14 with C-drives.
    So i am actually presenting a very unbiased and thorough experience of the ride quality of 15" and 14" wheels on the same car tht is 03-08 city.


    @waleed80, A-drive is excellent tire and i'd take it over Dunlop Digi Eco any day but it is no where near Yokohama dB and C-drive in terms of ride quality and noise. A-drive is an excellent choice for tires of size 13" and 12".
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  9. #28
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    Salam PWers! I am thinking of installing new rims n tyres in my car. The size that i'll b opting for is 185/65/R14. Just need some opinions regarding this size, should i opt for it or stay with the stock size which is 165/80/r13.
    Also, I need some opinions about which tyre brand should i go for? I m thinking of Michelin Energy Saver or Yokohama C-drive/dB/A-drive/A-spec. Kindly post ur feedback about these tyres.

    Regards,
    Faizan
    Sir Michelin Energy XM1+ 195/60 R14 are best for you.

    Also try to find Continental ContiComfortContactâ„¢ 5.
    Readers are Leaders.

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir Michelin Energy XM1+ 195/60 R14 are best for you.

    Also try to find Continental ContiComfortContactâ„¢ 5.
    As my second last post states, I have bought tires a year ago since this a year old thread. Don't know why it was dug. Probably because of maxxis publicity currently going on PW.
    XM1 is a very hard tire. Not worth it. Digi Eco is a lot better. Also, both of these tires are no where near C-drive in terms of ride comfort.
    In 14" the best tires to opt for are Yokohama C-drives.
    In 15" the best tires to go for are either Yokohama dB or Michelin Energy Saver.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •