1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default City Vario Help

My car has only run 30000 km. Its on Petrol. The battery installed on the car has not been changed so far, its the factory battery. Yesterday i took the battery out to start another car and installed the battery fine. The terminals are not loose in any way. After this the car is behaving a bit weird.

Problem 1) When i start the car ( Parking mode ) i press the brake ( to shift to D ) but SOMETIMES there is a clicking noise from the passenger side under the dash (ECU?) but only sometimes.

2) During normal driving, i press the brakes to bring the car to a complete stop, SOMETIMES the rpm touches 550-600, the car vibrates a little bit obviously, i did not notice this before so i do not know if its normal or not.

3) I was reversing the car and pressed the brakes to slow the car, the rpm shifted to 1400-1500 prolly, i released the brake it was fine, i pressed the brake again and the rpm went up to 1400-1500 again, after that it was normal. This complete scenario happened pretty fast, like in a matter of 2-3 secs.

The car drives fine, no sounds or jerks during drive. The ATF has not been changed so far, i think its changed around 40,000km? (NOT SURE)

Do i need to restart the ecu because i took the battery off?

I would request Zulfiqar Bhai to kindly assist me on this matter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1- The click you hear when you press the brake is the electronic release that prevents the shifter from being moved out of "P" unless the brake is pressed. Place your hand on the shift lever with the ignition switch in the "ON" position and the "click" is audible. Its shoddy build quality, not a problem in itself.
    2 - Change your plugs if you hav'nt already.
    3 - My steermatic used to get a stiff brake paddle. Happened twice and both times the missus was driving. The phenomenon never repeated itself with me. It happens if you're in the habit of riding the brakes (left foot) with the accelerator pressed as well, the NRV in the brake line is to blame, replaced mine with another used unit, never happened again.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1) I have never heard the clicking sound before, okay it might be not much of a problem
    2) Spark plugs were changed 2-3 months ago, the rpm problem came after removing the battery
    3) Okay that might be an issue with these cars but still my car is not of a high mileage, i do not think what you explained is the problem, and if it is then its very pathetic build quality.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The clicking sound is may be from main relay installed in main fuse box under the hood in engine bay.It may be possible that relay or bettery has weaken or it may be happen due to any loose electrical connection.Get it checked thoroughly.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would check the iscv as it may be loaded with crud
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mostwanted_001 View Post
    1) I have never heard the clicking sound before, okay it might be not much of a problem
    2) Spark plugs were changed 2-3 months ago, the rpm problem came after removing the battery
    3) Okay that might be an issue with these cars but still my car is not of a high mileage, i do not think what you explained is the problem, and if it is then its very pathetic build quality.
    You DO hear it suddenly, its not a gradual deterioration.
    Idling isn't directly battery related. Unless there was short you might have blown the ELD (Electrical Load Detector) - (very unlikely) but that would make mtters worse under electrical load e.g. the idle reducing as you mount on the electrical load e.g. high beams, HVAC operation, Defogger etc.
    You mentioned you've 30,000 klicks on the odo? Vlave clearances checked?
    There's no relays under the glove box area save for the blower motor so its not them.

A faulty ISCV will produce erratic idle, hunting or excessivly high idle, not stumbling.

Idle control screw se idle adjust karwa lein, if problem persists, Clean/Air filter, Check valve clearances and have your plugs cleaned. Friendly advice, don't take Honda's word for CVTF replacement mileage. Replace CVTF every 25k.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir i was thinking the same thing about the ATF, considering that the car is in mint condition and no mechanic has ever laid their hands on it, i guess the gear oil might be the culprit, that or its the battery. Though i have no electrical problems as yet but the battery is probably running its last few days, it has run around for 2 years 6 months. I think i should get the ATF changed first, then the battery, which ATF brand would u suggest is the best?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use none other than the OE recommended.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay Thanks, will post the results here