Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread

Thread: Replace Tyres and RIMS of new Honda city 2010 or not?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Replace Tyres and RIMS of new Honda city 2010 or not?

Mod Edit: Dig
    I am deciding to buy a Honda city 2010 automatic...

Should I get the tyres and rims changed as soo as I get it??

If so what size??

How much will it cost me??

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother depends on ur use and liking, stock tires are not bad at all but not good either if u have a lot of long route driving then i think u should change them other wise for normal use tires are fine, in case u want to change them then tire+wheels ll cost u from 30 to 50 k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adnan...where do u live??? and have u checked the prices from market???are you gonna buy on cash or leasing??? is there any own on city AT 2010??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar simple i want to say you that put 16 inch rims and tires its good for otherwise im using my euro star its good either i drive city on 198k/m and its going good all postion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar im selling my new honda city 09 but i replace the tires and rims first im using 17 inch then i changed it u know pakistani roads bumpy so im using euro star again wid gud rims and my price 1330000 if u want tell me and im live in lahore my car is net cash

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new car cost you 1349 auto wid 40 to 60k documents and rims and tires u ask i have to change so car cost you nearly 15 lacks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dani,
    You are asking too much for your car. Market price for it is not more than 11.75K and i have already quoted 11.90K. You will not get more than this for your ride
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

replace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do not go for bigger tyres and rims, they change is going to affect your ABS which is caliberated for the stock size. If you want to go for Japanese tyres and rims go for the same size, it would not alter the stability and other functions of your car. Eurostar tyres are especially made for Pakistani road and weather condition and they are long lasting.

Waisy bhee 19-20 ka difference hota hai. What is the use of wasting so much money on looks and just wrong sized wheels? Keep your new car stock and you will not face any issues for a long time.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honestly speaking i dont recommend you to keep Euro-star they are same general tires with new name (Marketing techniques) . get bridgestone etc. . but NO t0 euro star

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

irfan what you are saying doesnt feel right. Why fail a tyre just becasue it is made in pakistan. Yes Eurostar is a genral tyre brand but it was deveopled through two years oftesting in Japan and Europe and the reviews are also good you just have to read the posts above. Keep an ope mind and show some national pride.

12. 18-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Die spammer.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes...do get them replaced...recommended tyre and size..195/65/15...Yokohama Db....our Pakwheels member stingray has got the same in his city as per my recommendation....contact him and he wud let u know all the details.....go for them...u wont be disappointed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fearcerne View Post
    The Google Andriod 2.1 Zenithink andriod tablet PC on Sourcing Gate I Figured I should start a Thread for this tablet since it didn't have one just for the Zenithink zenithink I searched the forum and it was mentioned in 5 threads but nothing just for the tablet itself. Zenithink be a Shanzhai laptop company with a focus on the Anyka AK88 chipset. From2009, then started selling Windows CE microtablets for 3xx Yuan, and reaped good profits. Since they wanted to enter the higher-end MID (mobile internet device) product sector, but did not have chipset manufacturing capabilities, they resorted to Remark chips, purchasing Shanghai Tsinghuaic IX2X0 series CPUs, and proceeded to stamp their own logos on the CPUs to be shipped. However, these chips, did not contain A8 Cortex, but ARM11 with a coreclock of 800MHz and supporting 1080p hardware decoding. Right now the chipset only supports MP4 1080p hardware decoding, and does not actually support any other formats! Since ARM Cortex A8 processors process data at an efficiency of double of ARM11, this is clearly an act of trickery and deception in advertising. The Tsinghuaic IX2X0 chipset is a legitimate chipset being developed by Tsinghuaic. They are selling at 650-700 Yuan from factory batches per 1000 units. Zenithink remarked the CPUs and started selling the same spec'ed devices for 850-900 Yuan with their false A8 Cortex advertising. In doing so, they are making large sums of money by deceiving end customers. The chipset is okay, but anything from Zenithink or labeled Zenithink is a dud. Orphan is a simple rebranding company and doesn't really make anything. Tsinghuaic isn't even really done testing their chipset, so whatever is on the market right now contains a chipset that is still in beta development, combined with hardware from a hoax of a company. .If you wannt to know more you can kink the sourcinggate
    What the hell??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fearcerne View Post
    The Google Andriod 2.1 Zenithink andriod tablet PC on Sourcing Gate I Figured I should start a Thread for this tablet since it didn't have one just for the Zenithink zenithink I searched the forum and it was mentioned in 5 threads but nothing just for the tablet itself. Zenithink be a Shanzhai laptop company with a focus on the Anyka AK88 chipset. From2009, then started selling Windows CE microtablets for 3xx Yuan, and reaped good profits. Since they wanted to enter the higher-end MID (mobile internet device) product sector, but did not have chipset manufacturing capabilities, they resorted to Remark chips, purchasing Shanghai Tsinghuaic IX2X0 series CPUs, and proceeded to stamp their own logos on the CPUs to be shipped. However, these chips, did not contain A8 Cortex, but ARM11 with a coreclock of 800MHz and supporting 1080p hardware decoding. Right now the chipset only supports MP4 1080p hardware decoding, and does not actually support any other formats! Since ARM Cortex A8 processors process data at an efficiency of double of ARM11, this is clearly an act of trickery and deception in advertising. The Tsinghuaic IX2X0 chipset is a legitimate chipset being developed by Tsinghuaic. They are selling at 650-700 Yuan from factory batches per 1000 units. Zenithink remarked the CPUs and started selling the same spec'ed devices for 850-900 Yuan with their false A8 Cortex advertising. In doing so, they are making large sums of money by deceiving end customers. The chipset is okay, but anything from Zenithink or labeled Zenithink is a dud. Orphan is a simple rebranding company and doesn't really make anything. Tsinghuaic isn't even really done testing their chipset, so whatever is on the market right now contains a chipset that is still in beta development, combined with hardware from a hoax of a company. .If you wannt to know more you can kink the sourcinggate
    1 day old at PW...luv u!
    sent from my HD2 without using the handset itself!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nasty dig!
    -

rjs
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Adnant

I will speak of my experience since I was very recently having the same car (manual though)

It will make your ride nice (and a bit safer) if you go for good tyres and alloys. I enjoyed it.

I will strongly recommend against changing rim size or for that matter tyre size. It is going to affect your vehicle's setup as well as consumption.

However, you will face difficulty in finding the same size tyre from a reputable manufacturer (in case of CITY). In that case you should settle for 180-65R15 or 180-60R15.

This is how my car looked like

Replace Tyres and RIMS of new Honda city 2010 or not? - 189267
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keep it "Simple" and "Original"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Being an ex-owner of City '10 I would suggest you to replace your stock tires with 185 65 R15 of good brand (preferably yokohama/Michelin) while keeping the original rims... imo original wheel caps look just fine... no need to shed some extra bucks for the rims.
    You can use the same amount of 20 - 30K to fuel your car for almost a year or more.

Rest is your choice. if you want to improve the looks of your car. go ahead.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
    Being an ex-owner of City '10 I would suggest you to replace your stock tires with 185 65 R15 of good brand (preferably yokohama/Michelin) while keeping the original rims... imo original wheel caps look just fine... no need to shed some extra bucks for the rims.
    You can use the same amount of 20 - 30K to fuel your car for almost a year or more.

Rest is your choice. if you want to improve the looks of your car. go ahead.

I could find only dunlop LM702 in 185/65 R15 size, where i can find michilin or yokohama in 185/65 R15 or 185/60/R15 ? please tell me shop name and location.

also see my below post on some other thread help me if you can..

quote"

i need ur advice. recommended size is 175/65 R15, i cud not find any imported tire in this size. nearest available sizes are 185/65 R15(only dunlop lm702 i could find), 185/60 R15(bridgestone AR10) and 195/65 R15(mostly recommended by sellers).For recommended size 175/65 R15 , using aspect ration 65 and width 175, height of the tire is 113.75 mm.
    Using 185/65 R15 tyre, height is 120 mm,
    using 195/65 R15 tyre, height is 126mm, using 185/60 R15 tyre height is 111 mm (nearest to the honda recommended tire height i.e. 113.75 mm).
    Now as per my research , changing the dia of the tire leads to wrong reading of speed on speedp meter. ABS uses the speed of the car for calculation. now if tire dia is increased (if i uses 195/65 R15 as it is sold for city 2010/11), speedometer will read less speed than actual which will ultimaterly affect the EMC calculation for ABS. In my point of view 185/60 R15 tyre is nearest to the recommend 175/65 R15. Please advise what should i do, I am realy confused.Also I have done a thorough survey of johar town faisal town and DHA market and I cud find that date on tyre is tampered(my opinion, no offense please). Please advise me correct tyre size for city 2011 "

unquote.<!-- / message -->

21. 24-01-2011, 02:40 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged