Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: actual capacity of 55l cng gas cylinder?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default actual capacity of 55l cng gas cylinder?

hey people ,
    i know it varies pump to pump and pressure to pressure but i would like to know how much actually a 55l cylinder in 210 to 220 pressure inhail cng gas in kg my experience is very strange some time it takes 8.2 , sometimes 8.3 and some times it takes more than 8.5 kg gas i know the theory of how it compress the gas if pressure is good and all that lot just like to know people experiences who actually read meter reading when there cylinder refil also i heard its better to empty your whole tank and then refil it does that has any effects i mean is it better that way or we keep refilling when gas gets a bit low please state your observation and experience thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my experence 55L cylinder can carry about 8.8 Kg Gas at STP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for replying ishtiaq so when i get 8.2 or 8.3 or less than 8.8 does that means pressure was good so it covers the cylinder quickly or that means pressure was bad so the cylinder only able to fill 8.2 and it shows that its full please eleborate .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

55kg is the weight of cylinder, sum ppl think its the capacity

btw, the max i ve seen in my 55kg cylinder is 9 point sumthing kgs... but average is 8 point sumthings.depends on many thing, pressure of filler, age of filler, time of day, weather etc...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When the CNG stations has good pressure, more kgs of gas are filled. CNG filler machine shuts off when the pressure of Cylinder and CNG stations equalizes,
    You keep a diary with you, go to CNG station and ask about pressuer with exact figure and note it, after three to five reading you will know the exact relationship between pressure vs kgs of gas

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    55kg is the weight of cylinder, sum ppl think its the capacity

btw, the max i ve seen in my 55kg cylinder is 9 point sumthing kgs... but average is 8 point sumthings.depends on many thing, pressure of filler, age of filler, time of day, weather etc...
    I don't think so the actual weight of cylinder varies from manufacture to manufacture, a person (who's job is to fit cng kits) was telling me that EKC cylinder weights around 75kg where as faber weighs are 55kg.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it 55 KG or 55 L? if it is 55 L then it is the internal volume of the cylinder. It is 0.055 cubic meter.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks every one for replying basically i have few confusions as per discussion here people agree to this extent that the better pressure will be the more we will get gas in our cylinder now bear the reading of meter in our cng kit when i had more than 8.5kg in my cylinder the meter reading shows me 220 bar now today when i fill it early in the morning with 210 to 200 pressure i had 8.28 kg with 180 bar in my meter reading now obviously that will gives me less milleage i have been noting my reading for few times if u empty your cylinder and than u fill the gas it wont give u more than 8.3 kg but if u keep refilling it when its half it will fill u more i guess it compresses the gas every time u refil it before it gets empty hence that makes me ask this question do we need to refil it once we empty the whole cylinder and gas finishes or we keep refilling it when we think its low or half way through or before its get finish and what effect it have on our milleage please share your observation and knowledge thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i checked by both ways, filling with empty cylinder and with half filled,
    i didnt feel considerable difference, only the CNG station pressure is resposible for low filling or high

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for replying Ishtiaq778
    so basically when i filled the empty cylinder in the morning if pressure was more i will get 8.8 instead of 8.2 kg is that what u are saying ishtiaq but thats why its a difference of average i will calculate my average with 8.2kg of gas whatever it cost me so what u are saying if i gets 8.8 kg in full cylinder i will pay for 8.8 kg and that will gives me more average but i will end up paying more aswell so where is the benefit of average ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A CNG cylinder which is referred to ''55kg'' commonly doesn't weigh 55kg.

55 liters is its water-carrying-capacity, i.e. if it will be filled with water, it will take 55 liters of water to fill an empty cylinder to brim.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks bingo for replying but i am looking for a answer that explains me the issue of good pressure and its effect on milleage this morning i filled my empty cylinder with 8.28 kg gas and before that the empty cylinder gave me about 8.8kg so obviously i will end up paying more when it was 8.8kg hence that filling give me better average so why people say if its good pressure it will gives u better average when we pay more aswell giving example of 8.28 kg and 8.82 kg in mind .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    thanks for replying Ishtiaq778
    so basically when i filled the empty cylinder in the morning if pressure was more i will get 8.8 instead of 8.2 kg is that what u are saying ishtiaq but thats why its a difference of average i will calculate my average with 8.2kg of gas whatever it cost me so what u are saying if i gets 8.8 kg in full cylinder i will pay for 8.8 kg and that will gives me more average but i will end up paying more aswell so where is the benefit of average ?
    you calculate the average, the figures will say it all... you can't sit and make broad generalizations here...

Regarding the actual capacity, it depends on the pressure since the more the gas is compressed the more it will come in it, and at maximum it can hold 55 litres of fully compressed gas (it will have liquefied i guess) and why aren't they doing it? cause that requires a lot of pressure which i don't think the cylinder can withstand without increasing the costs...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you can not calculate the actual mileage of your car in local driving with total precision, especially on CNG. There are a number of factors involved,

1- quality of gas - it differs from station to station, day to day.
    2- the traffic conditions - its next to impossible to find identical traffic conditions on any two days.
    3- your driving style - some days you're easy going, you drive relaxed, some days you press the paddle a little more. You'll be surprised to know how much revving the engine to 5k a couple of times affects the mileage.
    4- You wouldn't believe how much driving ''behind'' someone at 60-70 kmph helps decrease the fuel consumption. NatGeo claimed it to be upto 30 odd percent. You can not always control that factor too.

So I say you ignore the 10-12km deviation which you notice as long as your consumption is at par with other vehicles of the same model/make/specs.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bango thanks for sharing your knowledge it makes utterly sense to me .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just last thing to close this subject i observe many places in karachi offer low rates like normally cng is 55 rupees something my many pumps offering 47 or 48 rupees aswell in karachi when i ask the owner of these pumps they said well total , pso , shell and all the big mafia cannot low the prices as they have a big tag behind them but we are the local purchaser so we can varies our ratio of money and discount on them hence we are selling in low rates my question is is it safe to buy cng from those pumps as long as they are giving pressure more than 210 lots of my friend telling me average they are getting is same from shell and all those low offering pumps .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its just a promotional offer dude, meant to seize the competition... Its totally alright to get filled from those.. I'd rather say that you should fill from the new cng stations since their eqiupment is new and you get more pressure and better service

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    A CNG cylinder which is referred to ''55kg'' commonly doesn't weigh 55kg.

55 liters is its water-carrying-capacity, i.e. if it will be filled with water, it will take 55 liters of water to fill an empty cylinder to brim.
    i stand corrected then!

thanx
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my experience, 8 for 220 pressure.

I usually get 200 pressure. Practically maximum added CNG qty was 7.23 with very little left in.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as par my observation i got 8.28 kg with 55l cylinder with 210 pressure and when i note the meter reading on cng inside the bonnet it shows 180 bar which is strange because i thought it would go 220 bar so i am confused dont know how to measure it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List