Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications

Asalam-o-Alikum

I have bought new Honda 2010. Its really a nice car. I have made few modifications:

1) Got front fog lights in order to match it up to international release which already have fog lights. I have let border of fog lights black because it matches front grill and gives a cool touch.

2) Alloy Rim with Neto Tyres.

3) Rockmars system.

4) Rear camera as it becomes very difficult to reverse because of inherent design that drivers cant see its rare. (Frankly speaking driver cant even see its front too )

5) Security system which automatically closes the windows when activated.

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -1017436

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62673

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62674

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62676

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62675

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications - 62671 My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62677

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62678

My New Honda City 2010 with little Decent modifications -62679

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@BilalYusrat

"I really want to put a security system with Window Closer.. Did you get all these mods done from Hassan's thing?" Yes all my cars go to hassan's in I-8 Markaz". They are expert on this issue.

"How much did the security system and window closer cost you?" Frankly speaking brother I have forgoten now :-) This is because I paid him for all this stuff together in one cumulative bill. But I think it was around 5000. I remember that alarm system was 3500 Rs and the door closer should have costed around 2000. May be cheaper but that the estimated guess.

"Is Rockmars system a kind of GPS? Does it have the full detailed maps of all Pakistan?" I have already posted a complete reply of this question in this thread. I am pasting the link:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-2#post2160395

In summary this rockmars unit supports GPS but they are not providing GPS in Pakistan. So one has to use other units. The best unit available in Pakistan for GPS (according to my knowlege) are tracking world's units. They have both in-dash and out-dash board units. You can check their website:

Real Time Vehicle Tracking and Navigation in Pakistan|Personal Tracking|Remote Monitoring

you can also consult my another thread for GPS. Link is given below:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...gps-navigation

Best of luck.
    regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ shoiab
    I have two queries
    1) u got 195/65 R15 tires.i have seen that when turning to full right or left, the distance b/w back side of the front tire and the fender is about 1cm considering no load.i was wondering if load is put like 5 persons and luggage than i would be touching the fender.am i right?do u have any experience of it.isnt the 1 cm gap too small?what do u think about it?
    2)what is the effect of having bigger dimension tire than stock on suspension and speedometer reading?what are the prominent advantages of putting on bigerdimension size than stock one?
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    @BilalYusrat

"I really want to put a security system with Window Closer.. Did you get all these mods done from Hassan's thing?" Yes all my cars go to hassan's in I-8 Markaz". They are expert on this issue.

"How much did the security system and window closer cost you?" Frankly speaking brother I have forgoten now :-) This is because I paid him for all this stuff together in one cumulative bill. But I think it was around 5000. I remember that alarm system was 3500 Rs and the door closer should have costed around 2000. May be cheaper but that the estimated guess.

"Is Rockmars system a kind of GPS? Does it have the full detailed maps of all Pakistan?" I have already posted a complete reply of this question in this thread. I am pasting the link:

In summary this rockmars unit supports GPS but they are not providing GPS in Pakistan. So one has to use other units. The best unit available in Pakistan for GPS (according to my knowlege) are tracking world's units. They have both in-dash and out-dash board units. You can check their website:

Real Time Vehicle Tracking and Navigation in Pakistan|Personal Tracking|Remote Monitoring

you can also consult my another thread for GPS. Link is given below:

Best of luck.
    regards,
    Right so basically the GPS doesn't work its just sitting there for barkat.

My Mobile phone's GPS is better then. The phone cost me about 15000 rupees and has full fledge GPS of Pakistan including maps of Highways, full detailed maps (down to street level) of all major cities. Plus it has a nice camera and a mobile phone too with it.. So Rockmars seems to be a pointless offer.

Did you put a boot light in your car? Does the security system that you installed let give you a 'keyless boot opener' option?
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai Shoeb sahab did you look into replacing the mirrors? with ones with indicator and retractable may be?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP
    Congrats on the purchase
    and I would like to know about the interior quality
    how do you compare it with a 05~06 Civic,s Interior?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum

@BilalYusrat

Yes you are right. Its there for burket . I did not have the privilege of having this information before. But its giving a lot other features than your mobile phone. An excellent touch screen with all the stuff needed for good DVD and Audio playback in an automobile. But seriously speaking I really bought it as a GPS device. Alas! it just supports GPS but does not have it! what an irony. I have not researched fully in it. If this device has GPS than it must be connected to satellite. If it is connected to satellite to have current spatial point than maps can be easily installed into it. but I have found no help about it whatsoever.

Yes I have put the boot light. No I do not have any plans of replacing mirrors. Mirrors, although no retractable, are already operate-able from inside and thats enough for me. No the security system does not provide key-less boot opening but I have got it connected. i.e. opening boot activates alarm.

@daniyalahmad

Frankly speaking brother its interior is the worst in city series. It just looks like local made stuff. I am also facing difficulty in keeping it clean. They have lowered down its quality to decrease overall price and increase profits. 2005-06 Civic interior is way better than city. (I am talking about quality of material)

@H.S.N

Your both questions are highly technical. Frankly speaking I don't know :-(. Somebody else will have to answer it. Original stock tires are 175/65 R15 and I have 195/65 R15. So there is a 20 mm difference. One more thing, in Australia same Honda city is being sold with 185/65 r16 tires. This means I have 10 mm difference from those as far as width is concerned, but they have even larger radius.

As a layman I can see that, a tire size depends on radius and width. If radius is increased, vehicle's body is lifted further from the ground. So, it will help when car is heavily loaded. It will not touch the elevated ground like large speed breakers. But radius more than a certain limit will decrease ground grip. Larger the distance of vehicle's body from ground lesser is its grip to the ground. When width is increased, it gives better grip to ground. But, very larger widths lower down the car's maximum turn angle. Larger tires also make car heavy and it affects fuel efficiency. So, there must be a very good balance between radius and width.

This is all information I have. My car till now is not tested with heavy loads. Until now its just driven with maximum five people without any luggage. It turned perfectly well without any hitch or snag.

Best of luck
    Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks shoiab,

iam still waiting for the answer of my above queries
    I got new tires michelin energy saver 195 65 R15 for my city.
    The special thing about them is their weight is far lesser than the tyre of same dimensions of dunlop,yoko and bridgestone as it wont effect fuel economy.
    One more thing iam having too much road noise inside the cabin including the tire so is this common in new city or there is some fault
    The few things i didnt like is the hard suspension,small storage box in dash,no rear trunk light,no armrest and hard seats.
    other things i like are :very responsive engine,good handling,good braking even with AT good aerodynamics and good looking interior with red illumination
    thanks
    Hasan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum

@BilalYusrat

Yes you are right. Its there for burket . I did not have the privilege of having this information before. But its giving a lot other features than your mobile phone. An excellent touch screen with all the stuff needed for good DVD and Audio playback in an automobile. But seriously speaking I really bought it as a GPS device. Alas! it just supports GPS but does not have it! what an irony. I have not researched fully in it. If this device has GPS than it must be connected to satellite. If it is connected to satellite to have current spatial point than maps can be easily installed into it. but I have found no help about it whatsoever.

Yes I have put the boot light. No I do not have any plans of replacing mirrors. Mirrors, although no retractable, are already operate-able from inside and thats enough for me. No the security system does not provide key-less boot opening but I have got it connected. i.e. opening boot activates alarm.

@daniyalahmad

Frankly speaking brother its interior is the worst in city series. It just looks like local made stuff. I am also facing difficulty in keeping it clean. They have lowered down its quality to decrease overall price and increase profits. 2005-06 Civic interior is way better than city. (I am talking about quality of material)

@H.S.N

Your both questions are highly technical. Frankly speaking I don't know :-(. Somebody else will have to answer it. Original stock tires are 175/65 R15 and I have 195/65 R15. So there is a 20 mm difference. One more thing, in Australia same Honda city is being sold with 185/65 r16 tires. This means I have 10 mm difference from those as far as width is concerned, but they have even larger radius.

As a layman I can see that, a tire size depends on radius and width. If radius is increased, vehicle's body is lifted further from the ground. So, it will help when car is heavily loaded. It will not touch the elevated ground like large speed breakers. But radius more than a certain limit will decrease ground grip. Larger the distance of vehicle's body from ground lesser is its grip to the ground. When width is increased, it gives better grip to ground. But, very larger widths lower down the car's maximum turn angle. Larger tires also make car heavy and it affects fuel efficiency. So, there must be a very good balance between radius and width.

This is all information I have. My car till now is not tested with heavy loads. Until now its just driven with maximum five people without any luggage. It turned perfectly well without any hitch or snag.

Best of luck
    Regards,

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Broh does the Rockmars system support TV-IN? My phone supports 'tv-out' may be I can hook it up with the 'tv-in' of rockmars and don't have to worry about installing maps or linking the GPS?

Can you kindly confirm this please?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum

@daniyalahmad

Hmmm that sounds bad
    Thats the only part jahan yeh sirf mar kha jati hai
    but rest it surely rocks
    anyways enjoy it and drive safely
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Advice me from where perfect floor mats for city 2010, if possible post pictures how its look like.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shoaib bhai I saw your car today. I think you walid sahab was driving it. Its ** - 588, right?

MashaAllah it looks fantastic. I saw it on the express way.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-Alikum

@BilalYusrat
    Yes brother you can connect the mobile phone TV out into Rockmars. It is demostrated by our another brother in my another threat with pictures. This is the link:

Yes its 588. LoL. My father drives it mostly. I drive my cultus 2008 VXL. But we often interchange our drives too. Wow man you do have great observation. Best of luck and Thanks.

@H.S.N
    Really nice to hear that you have got new tires. Best of luck with those.

"One more thing iam having too much road noise inside the cabin" Oh really? I have not noticed anything like that in mine. May be you need some allignment. Hope you got your tires balanced before getting them in.

"hard suspension,small storage box in dash,no rear trunk light,no armrest and hard seats". You are absolutely right. Best of luck with your car brother.

@Dr.Kazim
    Brother you can get mats from any good car accessory shop. Its better you go to some good accessory shop and watch the mats yourself. Try them and buy the one you like most. Best of luck.

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kindly share your experience of the rockmars system, any problems? picture quality? would it be easy to attach my ipod to it?
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Shabbir Ahmad

Quote Originally Posted by jaggi View Post
    MashAllah....nyce ride
    Congratulation;

Dear All i have one question may be any one can help, After installing Fog Light and Key Less entry, Is warranty valid?

I purchased new honda City 2010 and i want make some modification. Please help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam-o-alikum

@shabbir42

Your question has been discussed in this thread already. Please visit following posts.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-2#post2161327

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-2#post2161032

@baqai

Rockmars system is thoroughly discussed in this thread. you can refer to this link for detail:

Overall its a good device as it is cheaper. Picture quality is good (not the best). If you are a real big loud woffy sound lover than you might not like it. But its good for normal operations.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone noticed the big empty space under the rear seats of city?Firstly i though its a flaw,but then immediately realized that it could be a good storage space for some small bags.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@H.S.N
    Asalam-o-Alikum
    Yes bro. Its really nice to have that space. No doubt its handy to put small things over there.

Regards,

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default City 2010

Hi there

I am planning to buy this car as well.

All modifications and precautions that you guys talked about are excellent to know and very amazing to see such car freaks.

I have very less knowledge of Cars. Just know how to drive em.

Can any body tell me of any reliable and quality provider of such modifications here in Karachi

Regards;
    Abdul Basit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers