Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 PICS

Hey Guys,

I installed CNG kit over the weekend and so far so good. I am enjoying the ride and you guys will be surprised that it wont do any knocking on CNG which it normally does on Petrol. So far my car is in testing phase meaning that I am calculating the mileage and stuff. But again the pick and response time is pretty good.

For all those who says you will ruin your engine life or City 2010 dont deserve CNG and bla bla bla. My answer will be "I just can not afford current petrol prices these days, as I have to run 100km/day."

There you go with the pictures.

The Engine Bay
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85935 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 1 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239720

The CNG Kit setup, right under the fender.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85936 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 2 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239721

Another view
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85937 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 31 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239722

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85938 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 3

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85939 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 4

The Gauge...
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85940 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 5

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85941 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 6
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239723
    Boot space after putting in the Cylinder.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85942 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 7

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85943 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 8 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239724

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85944 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 9

That is the Cylinder, I colored it Silver. I wish if I could have polish metal color but that was the only one available at CNG conversion center.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85945 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 10 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239725

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear vik,
    First thing i like to clear there will be no effect on ODO with full or half or 1/4 tank, because when you reset it start with new reading..
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    21.5 KM/L impossible i am running same car from 26-jan 2010 and same route pesh-isd and back every week, got once 17.5 km/L once without AC and with AC 16.6 with 120 speed and yesterday for trial drove from pesh via GT road pesh -burhan 18 km/L with max speed of 100(101 km) but with same speed average goes down to 17.7 (166 km).
    Please tell me the way for maximum average to avail.
    Yar broh are you ok? How can this be IMPOSSIBLE if it is happening? You saw the video?
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vik_vik View Post
    Dr sahab, 21km/l agr AVG hoti to I can bet k her dosra banda HONDA CITY 2010 lyta, Loog bewaqoof hain jo 14 or max 15 km/l per chala rahy hain dosri gariyaan.

I dont think so k one should be stupid enough to put a CNG in his car if he used to get 21km/l.

Its a huge Question Mark.???
    Sir yeh Highway ki average hai. First of all.

Dosra bewaqoofi ki jo baat aap ne farmaai.. aap mujhe yeh batao.. ke jo Banda Toyota Corolla XLi le raha hai, ya Even GLi le raha hia, aap ke khiyal main uska demag set hai?

XLi Average bakwas than city.
    XLi is 85 HP (Produces less power, eats more fuel) City produces 100 Horse Power.
    XLi has No ABS.
    XLi has No Power Windows.
    XLi's trunk is less spacious than city.
    XLi COSTS MORE THAN CITY (inspite of all the above issues)?

Someone could come and say hey don't buy XLi then why don't you buy GLi if you want ABS and Power Windows:

Lekin then there is a difference of 2.5 Lack rupees, and you get something which is not as good as something which is 2.5 lack cheaper.

STILL PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT? WHY?!?

Yeh tou koi baat nahi hai ke log bewaqoof hain ke nahi hain.

Aur sab sae bari baat.. if you're car isn't producing this kind of average, it doesn't mean ke log bewaqoof nahi hain.. there could be alot of factors.. may be your Rims are over sized. I am telling you my average on factory rims. May be you apply breaks all the time (Which means loss of eneregy, alot of energy).

May be you will find your self decelerating on Motorway. I never do. I keep the speed constant. I don't have to push the accelerator down every once in a while and then take the foot off to bring it back to 120. It just stays between these two speeds.

Logon ki example tou doesn't make sense.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    dear vik,
    video responce kuch aur hai, car computer jhoot to nahi bool raha, video mai lag raha hai k car downstream per zaida hai (i am regular runner on M1 and downstream and up stream cause petrol consumption not equal).
    Sir look at 0:35 and 3:01

Yeh down stream lag raha hai aap ko ya upstream?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The video showing is not fake but let me tell you this whenever you filled your tank full with petrol and reset the trip on the ODO, you will find the starting AVG will be 19 to 21 km on the ODO

but tell me this, as you are running the same car,

when the tank goes to half, have you literally able to see that figure? You will never because it will only show you around 16 or 17km/l though you are driving the car in the same way which you did on the full refill.
    Sir this is not as simple as it sounds.

In CNG you may get up to 180 Kilometers, but in local its HALF of that. You'll hardly get 90-100 kilometers.

Same is the case with Petrol, I mean of course?

when the tank goes to half, have you literally able to see that figure?
    It has never reached half on the way from Rawalpindi to Peshawar. When I am back to my home in Rawalpindi its exactly in the middle. Now, when I'm in Peshawar, I'm not entirely on the highway. Plus entering highway and exiting it asks us to drive on normal roads with buses and traffic. This is so obvious that it will reduce your average? What's big about this? If you're average of 20Kmpl comes down to 17 or 18 because you drove in the city, its absolutely normal because same thing would happen on CNG as well. Only in the case of Petrol, you can see your average, and in the case of CNG, you only imagine it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and yes downstream is obviously a major factor in that video which is making it biased.

Anyways I am running it on the CNG now and pretty satisfied as far as the mileage and stuff
    Sir look at 0:35 and 3:01

Yeh down stream lag raha hai aap ko ya upstream?
    There are a few other things too in Petrol that save money as compared to CNG.

You see in CNG, you have to change your engine oil 3x earlier than Petrol.

If you change oil after 3000 KMs on CNG, you change it after 9000 on Petrol and there will be absolutely no health problems for your Engine *if you're driving it entirely on petrol*.

CNG is dry and Petrol in itself provides lubrication to the system. That's why with Petrol you change Engine oil 3x times compared to CNG.

May be its not as enthusiastic as it sounds, but who cares? :P

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post

CNG is dry and Petrol in itself provides lubrication to the system. That's why with Petrol you change Engine oil 3x times compared to CNG.
    wont say much....just read this...hope u DO understand

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...engine-any-way

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilalyusrat
    as far as changing oil 3 x times earlier is concerned, can u please quote me a logic or an authority behind it ?? i m using ZIC XQ in my platz for the last 2 years, and i change ma oil after 15000 kms (YES...u read it rite....Fifteen Thousand Kilometers) and i drive on CNG 100% of the time...and ma car is going great Alhamdulillah....my bro does the same on his Cultus by the way...so please, my only request is dont misguide ppl when u r not sure abt something

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ totally agreed with waleed bhai.
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    @bilalyusrat
    as far as changing oil 3 x times earlier is concerned, can u please quote me a logic or an authority behind it ?? i m using ZIC XQ in my platz for the last 2 years, and i change ma oil after 15000 kms (YES...u read it rite....Fifteen Thousand Kilometers) and i drive on CNG 100% of the time...and ma car is going great Alhamdulillah....my bro does the same on his Cultus by the way...so please, my only request is dont misguide ppl when u r not sure abt something
    You see Waleed, even if you change your engine oil after 50,000 kilometers (yes, you read it right, fifty thousand kilometers) you engine will never come out of your car and tell you to change the oil.

What are you expecting from it? To start crying "Hey change the oil I have had enough?"

Obviously not?

I have basically grown up in an Air Base. I myself am not an engineer, but I have many many friends who are officer's in PAF and are engineers and my father being someone who has worked on Aero Planes himself, I feel I'm pretty enlightened. Let me tell you my concept of CNG:

First of all (based on the link you posted) the whole argument is that CNG has a higher octane level. While that may be true, CNG too has a good amount of "OIL" level in it. Obviously you're not always buying CNG from the same guy. Feeding Oil to your engine is definitely like choking it.

Secondly, inspite of its high octane level (which is primary if you want it to burn) you should understand that its after all 'gas' its not liquid. No matter how high the octane level is, its many many times lower than petrol, because petrol is a liquid. Therefore one cubic centimeter of petrol (which is liquid) has much more octane than one cubic centimeter of CNG (because its all air).

The example the guy starting that topic is talking about is when both are compressed to a level that CNG becomes liquid (I assume).

The easiest way to know which fuel has more octane is to see how good a car is performing on each fuel. Obviously its petrol. Your car goes much faster in petrol than CNG reason is the bad quality of fuel.

My point was not that CNG has octane or doesn't have octane, my point was that since its 'gas' its dry. And therefore petrol provides a better lubrication and so we can change engine oil after sometime for this.

And then comes the question of misguiding people. The easiest way to know if CNG is good for your engine or not is this: Ask the people who are making cars.

Really very simple, isn't it? Do you think a single one of them will recommend you to put CNG in it? If no, why no? They are getting benefit out of it. Because as soon as you put CNG, they don't have to worry about your warranty. Why would they still not want you to put CNG?

Obviously because they make cars. They know how they work. They know what is harmful for it and what is not.

BUT IN SPITE OF ALL WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE You've missed a very clear point in the discussion:

No where did I say that I am in the favor of *not running the car on CNG*.

You can read my responses. I didn't say that anywhere. In fact, I wrote that I do not worry about people saying that you will destroy your engine. (read my first response in this thread).

You assumed it.

What we are discussing here is "should one really put CNG in Honda City 09/10 or not." And we are sharing our experience about it. We nowhere started the discussion that CNG is good or CNG is bad.

You can go through all of the above responses and you'll not find it.

Rather I was actually saying that the CNG kit is not free. And Honda City gives exceptional mileage on Petrol. So it doesn't really need a CNG kit. (that was my claim).

And our brother (vik_vik) was saying that 21Kmpl is not realistic. This is the discussion. Not that CNG is better or bad. BUT I DO THINK (atleast to my own self) that Petrol is way way better for the engine than CNG.

You get what you pay for. If you think you'll get something good by paying less, you're kidding. This doesn't happen. Specially not in the case of CNG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal_RX8 View Post
    ^^ totally agreed with waleed bhai.
    Agree with what?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    wont say much....just read this...hope u DO understand

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...engine-any-way
    By the way this link is an excerpt from this book: To Study the CNG as a Fuel for Vehicles in Pakistan

You can download it in PDF as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

^^
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys, Sorry couldn't get a chance to reply back on my OWN thread.

Well the discussion is I guess going into wrong direction.

CNG is good for City 09/10 is a good debate but it requires fact and figures. So from now onwards I request all my bros who got CNG to come up with the mileage figures so that we can have a good discussion. As everyone should know k petrol prices gone high again.

I have read all the responses from BilalYusrat, thank dude i guess you spent hell of time in writing those and i appreciate your effort but again I requested you some thing in my last reply but I guess you missed it.

You have to provide the video showing 21km/l on your own vehicle, else please do not reply on this thread I request (no offense). So get the video first because I wont believe that you are getting 21km/l so make me happy.

I bet as soon as you post your video in this thread then we will start a new discussion.

Peace.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion,
    Yes it does display 21 km/l only when you refill your tank, the reason being that, at the moment the "Fuel average meter" i.e on display is getting reloaded, so it gives wrong figures. But as you drive your car it gives you right figure.
    Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaleel View Post
    Yes it does display 21 km/l only when you refill your tank, the reason being that, at the moment the "Fuel average meter" i.e on display is getting reloaded, so it gives wrong figures. But as you drive your car it gives you right figure. Hope you got my point.
    Regards.
    Jinab the video shows tank is below half. And the average is reset right there in the video. And since the guy is on motor way he didn't refill it in the last 30 minutes at least.

Plus, there is a 'real time fuel consumption meter in city.' This is not like XLi or GLi, it shows the consumption as it happens on a meter from 0 to 40 Kmpl.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it does display 21 km/l only when you refill your tank, the reason being that, at the moment the "Fuel average meter" i.e on display is getting reloaded, so it gives wrong figures. But as you drive your car it gives you right figure. Hope you got my point.
    Regards.
    I think you missed that video.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regards.
    Very right: I gave the same answer but some City owners don't wanna believe it. Lets see what other owners says.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys, Sorry couldn't get a chance to reply back on my OWN thread.

Well the discussion is I guess going into wrong direction.

CNG is good for City 09/10 is a good debate but it requires fact and figures. So from now onwards I request all my bros who got CNG to come up with the mileage figures so that we can have a good discussion. As everyone should know k petrol prices gone high again.

I have read all the responses from BilalYusrat, thank dude i guess you spent hell of time in writing those and i appreciate your effort but again I requested you some thing in my last reply but I guess you missed it.

You have to provide the video showing 21km/l on your own vehicle, else please do not reply on this thread I request (no offense). So get the video first because I wont believe that you are getting 21km/l so make me happy.

I bet as soon as you post your video in this thread then we will start a new discussion.

Peace.
    Waqas bhai you'll see my responses to your comments on the top of this page. I havn't left any of your replies unanswered.

And about my car's video: My car is with Honda for the last 3 or 4 days. It got hit by a hiace and I've given it to them for repairing it. inshaAllah I'll have it by tomorrow. And tomorrow I am also going to Peshawar. So I'll hopefully post a video of my own car as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I think you missed that video.

Dude, I saw that video before buying one so I want you to put your City's video. Just forget the video you posted for a while, come up with ur own one so that help others..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

User Tag List