Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 PICS

Hey Guys,

I installed CNG kit over the weekend and so far so good. I am enjoying the ride and you guys will be surprised that it wont do any knocking on CNG which it normally does on Petrol. So far my car is in testing phase meaning that I am calculating the mileage and stuff. But again the pick and response time is pretty good.

For all those who says you will ruin your engine life or City 2010 dont deserve CNG and bla bla bla. My answer will be "I just can not afford current petrol prices these days, as I have to run 100km/day."

There you go with the pictures.

The Engine Bay
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85935 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 1 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239720

The CNG Kit setup, right under the fender.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85936 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 2 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239721

Another view
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85937 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 31 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239722

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85938 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 3

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85939 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 4

The Gauge...
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85940 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 5

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85941 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 6
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239723
    Boot space after putting in the Cylinder.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85942 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 7

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85943 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 8 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239724

Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85944 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 9

That is the Cylinder, I colored it Silver. I wish if I could have polish metal color but that was the only one available at CNG conversion center.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 - 85945 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 10 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -239725

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vik_vik View Post
    Very right: I gave the same answer but some City owners don't wanna believe it. Lets see what other owners says.
    And if you actually see the video, the average starts from 3 Kilometers per liter, not 21 Kilometers per liter..

I don't know what you guys are talking about? Who gets to start the average with 21KMPL? That doesn't happen. No one is saying it happens.
    Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Again same debate: we are just waiting for the video from your end and for the time being I want other City owners to contribute who are running on CNG. By the way what happened to your City, Drive safe dude.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It was my stupid mistake, I thought I would over take the truck before the hiace (kind of over estimated city's power ) And that wan hit my back fender (I don't know if I can call it..)

Thank fully all the lights were safe, doors were safe.. just the fender..

Honda walaz charge me 8000 for a few inches of denting and repaint..

But I'm happy because they will put original paint in it at least.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello dude,

I am also looking for some good CNG conversion center in Islamabad. Can you please share the details kit price (including emulator etc) and the conversion centers qulaity of work and their address details ?

Dude, sent you a PM with details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Again same debate: we are just waiting for the video from your end and for the time being I want other City owners to contribute who are running on CNG. By the way what happened to your City, Drive safe dude.
    Tomorrow inshaAllah broh.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    It was my stupid mistake, I thought I would over take the truck before the hiace (kind of over estimated city's power ) And that wan hit my back fender (I don't know if I can call it..)

Thank fully all the lights were safe, doors were safe.. just the fender..

Honda walaz charge me 8000 for a few inches of denting and repaint..

But I'm happy because they will put original paint in it at least.
    HAHAHA! they will put original paint in it.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, i am not telling anyone that cng is not good for them or they should not install it, but just want to share my personal experience, i think CNG is false economy, i have had a very bad experience with CNG, twice i had valve leakage problem which cost me alot to fix, and where ever i got it checked from everyone blamed cng for the problem. i did a little research on it and got to know that this is a very common problem due to CNG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WaqasMK View Post
    HAHAHA! they will put original paint in it.......
    Actually, paint doesn't matter as much as the thick layer of potiene (I don't know what it is called) matters put by normal denters. These guys 'spray' it on the body so its as good as original.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And if you actually see the video, the average starts from 3 Kilometers per liter, not 21 Kilometers per liter..

I don't know what you guys are talking about? Who gets to start the average with 21KMPL? That doesn't happen. No one is saying it happens.
    Dear yusarat, Reference to your answer average start from 3 km/L and got maximum 21.5 km/L . The interesting is that I drove same way but haven't got result as you got. I express all my runnings after this discussion start and applied all ways to drive soft (got from this thread) but still no result.
    Next visit in 1-2 days to isd I will reset odo after crossing toll plaza and check reading on next toll plaza and will inform on this thread.
    (sorry for you car got minor accident , drive safely)
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up CNG in Honda City 2009

hi I am also planning to install CNG in my Honda City but after reading above discussion I am indifferent please update about the millage and the performance of your city 2010
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here you go guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMQwOignwiA

I have made 3 videos actually. One from 0 to 22 KM/L but that is about 300 MBs and I tried uploading it last night but it got distorted on YouTube. I'll try and upload that again.

This above video is showing the 'average' milage after I exited from Islamabad Interchange.

I will be uploading the other video too inshaAllah later today.

z06
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

woww...
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness never bought a CORVETTE "

..::Z06::..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you think I am missing something that I should know?
    Indeed you are missing thousands of things you should know. Let's see:

You see in CNG, you have to change your engine oil 3x earlier than Petrol...........
    Oh, really! But the same MBA thesis for which you provided the link here, on its 26th page plz read this: "Intervals between oil changes for natural gas vehicles are dramatically extended--anywhere from 10,000 to 25,000 additional miles depending on how the vehicle is used".

[Anyhow the MBA thesis is not at all relevant from an engineering perspective. Plus, its so pathetic copy-paste. Much of the chapter 1 is directly copied from here. Especially if you see page 28, the mention of CNG Omni just tells a whole story of plagiarism. Other things that show the lack of quality are: indentations not consistent, chemical formulas not using subscript, some pages are justified formatted while others are left-indented. Plus there is no structure at all in the report. I don't know how could somebody do such a pathetic job of composition and still get a degree. Hey, I need a sick bag.]

I have basically grown up in an Air Base. I myself am not an engineer, but I have many many friends who are officer's in PAF and are engineers and my father being someone who has worked on Aero Planes himself, I feel I'm pretty enlightened.
    Plz keep your distorted enlightenment to yourself. Just because somebody's father may be an ENT surgeon, you can't expect them to write volumes on nasal surgery.

Let me tell you my concept of CNG:
    Yes, this is indeed your own concept of CNG because no engineering analysis could support this outrageous approach.

.......inspite of its high octane level (which is primary if you want it to burn) you should understand that its after all 'gas' its not liquid. No matter how high the octane level is, its many many times lower than petrol, because petrol is a liquid. Therefore one cubic centimeter of petrol (which is liquid) has much more octane than one cubic centimeter of CNG (because its all air).
    Laughing Out Loud. If all those super duper PAF friends of yours can't make you discern b/w 'octane' and 'octane number', why feel indebted to them?

The example the guy starting that topic is talking about is when both are compressed to a level that CNG becomes liquid (I assume).
    Why don't you just give up your assumptions and go read something for some real knowledge.

You get what you pay for. If you think you'll get something good by paying less, you're kidding. This doesn't happen. Specially not in the case of CNG.
    Not always is the most expensive thing the best.

Plus with this rude attitude of yours, you'll soon lose all your friends. Nobody except your parents would love you. You need a lesson in humility. I agree some of the naysayers who said your city couldn't get 21 kmpl (City can indeed get 21 kmpl) weren't decent to you, but neither were you decent to others, so it is the same. Only humblification is the way the salvation.

@vik_vik, your thread is spiraling off-topic. You made this thread to tell us about your experiences w/ CNG and indulging in petty issues was not the focus. We're waiting here for your input.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    Dear yusarat, Reference to your answer average start from 3 km/L and got maximum 21.5 km/L . The interesting is that I drove same way but haven't got result as you got. I express all my runnings after this discussion start and applied all ways to drive soft (got from this thread) but still no result.
    Next visit in 1-2 days to isd I will reset odo after crossing toll plaza and check reading on next toll plaza and will inform on this thread.
    (sorry for you car got minor accident , drive safely)
    As per my promise , today at constant pressure on acceletor and maintaining speed 100 km/h with RPM 3000 and full AC and single person weight on car, got 19 km/L after 100 km drive. HOW I get 21+ km/L , HOW ..
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanzs View Post
    Indeed you are missing thousands of things you should know. Let's see:

Oh, really! But the same MBA thesis for which you provided the link here, on its 26th page plz read this: "Intervals between oil changes for natural gas vehicles are dramatically extended--anywhere from 10,000 to 25,000 additional miles depending on how the vehicle is used".

[Anyhow the MBA thesis is not at all relevant from an engineering perspective. Plus, its so pathetic copy-paste. Much of the chapter 1 is directly copied from here. Especially if you see page 28, the mention of CNG Omni just tells a whole story of plagiarism. Other things that show the lack of quality are: indentations not consistent, chemical formulas not using subscript, some pages are justified formatted while others are left-indented. Plus there is no structure at all in the report. I don't know how could somebody do such a pathetic job of composition and still get a degree. Hey, I need a sick bag.]
    You see, when Pakwheelers are excited about throwing a reply towards someone which they expect will not be answered, they, more often than not make extremely stupid mistakes which make them humiliated and run away from the discussion themselves. Its not my mistake.

I DID NOT provide the MBA thesis as a support to my argument, Ahsan sahab, I said the link 'the other guy provided' was basically an excerpt from this. In excitement you missed the whole damn point and the rest of your post revolves around the same thing. You should follow the discussion and remain on top when you have to respond instead of trying to sound scholarly.

Plz keep your distorted enlightenment to yourself. Just because somebody's father may be an ENT surgeon, you can't expect them to write volumes on nasal surgery.
    What's the point in this? Will someone tell me if this above statement has any argument!?

Jinab, in this case the Page # 26 is wrong. And while you yourself said its a MBA thesis, the whole book can be wrong. Who gives a damn about the book anyway? I did not present it as a support of my argument.

CNG IS DRY!! DRY MEANS destruction, more wear and tear. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that man c'mon? You based your whole argument on one stupid line and then you blame others for humiliation caused? I don't care what this MBA thesis has to say. Everyone who has been to school or has passed primary would understand this. That CNG is dry, causes more heat.. causes more wear and tear? What were you thinking when you quoted that line?

People generally get humiliated because of their stupidity. And trust me Ahsan, stupidity is serious disease.

Yes, this is indeed your own concept of CNG because no engineering analysis could support this outrageous approach.
    No, it was Obama's concept of CNG. What does this mean now? What do I mean when I say "here is my understanding" -- OBVIOUSLY it means I am telling you my understanding because of the virtue of the fact that I wrote I am telling my understanding.

Laughing Out Loud. If all those super duper PAF friends of yours can't make you discern b/w 'octane' and 'octane number', why feel indebted to them?
    You know, you would have saved this humiliation very easily if you would JUST WRITE "octane number" in Google.

You're actually suggesting here that Octane Number is basically a 'type' of octane and not the concentration of octane.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The octane number of a fuel is measured in a test engine, and is defined by comparison with the mixture of iso-octane and heptane which would have the same anti-knocking capacity as the fuel under test: the percentage, by volume, of iso-octane in that mixture is the octane number of the fuel.
    Source: Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Too bad man.. you missed it.

I can keep on writing and you, and everyone who supports your arguments will keep on getting humiliated but I'll save my time and your time and come to the conclusion:

1. You wasted your time writing the huge post because:
    BUT IN SPITE OF ALL WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE You've missed a very clear point in the discussion:

No where did I say that I am in the favor of *not running the car on CNG*.
    2. Why do most Pakwheelers want to prove themselves authority on something about which they don't have a clue?

And why the heck do they disappear when they cannot answer an argument?

3. CNG Is bad. You know that? Why would you write the above HUGE pointless response when you cannot answer:

A.
    And then comes the question of misguiding people. The easiest way to know if CNG is good for your engine or not is this: Ask the people who are making cars.

Really very simple, isn't it? Do you think a single one of them will recommend you to put CNG in it? If no, why no? They are getting benefit out of it. Because as soon as you put CNG, they don't have to worry about your warranty. Why would they still not want you to put CNG?

Obviously because they make cars. They know how they work. They know what is harmful for it and what is not.
    B.
    What we are discussing here is "should one really put CNG in Honda City 09/10 or not." And we are sharing our experience about it. We nowhere started the discussion that CNG is good or CNG is bad.
    Not always is the most expensive thing the best.
    Yawwwwwwwnnnnn....

Coming to your punch line:

Plus with this rude attitude of yours, you'll soon lose all your friends. Nobody except your parents would love you. You need a lesson in humility. I agree some of the naysayers who said your city couldn't get 21 kmpl (City can indeed get 21 kmpl) weren't decent to you, but neither were you decent to others, so it is the same. Only humblification is the way the salvation.
    You know Ahsan, you assumed I am being rude. If I was technically being rude or someone could point out a sentence of mine which they though were rude, then admins at Pakwheels would have suspended my account long time ago.

The reason why you assumed I am rude is most probably because I don't Laugh out loud and I don't roll on the floor laughing.

I try to use proper punctuated English which is easiest to read, but since I don't have things like "hahahahahah" and "heheheheh" and "Oh Yea? LOL!!!! oh man ROFL!!!!!" (not to mention those infinite exclamation marks) People assume I am being rude.

Even though my this response may look rude to you, I am not rude about you at all.

I have this belief that since the letters we type while chatting or on forums don't transmit the feelings, we shouldn't try to do that as it will only make us look more idiot.

And what makes me unhappy mostly is when people are originally idiot, and they try and *sound scholarly* while they don't know anything about a particular subject.

One guy started debating with me about the thing I do as my profession, while he was in A' Levels! Oh man Kill me!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    As per my promise , today at constant pressure on acceletor and maintaining speed 100 km/h with RPM 3000 and full AC and single person weight on car, got 19 km/L after 100 km drive. HOW I get 21+ km/L , HOW ..
    Kazim Sahab what is the total mileage of your car? You will start getting the optimal average after 10,000 Kilometers hopefully.

My average was with 3 people and no AC (because weather was very nice).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright guys, I am wondering what to say after reading huge huge replies sent by Bilal and Ahsan. I never thought that my thread will turn around to be such a fantastic debate competition. far and against thingy. Anyways. I read all the lines and was thinking if they are being used to start leg pulling or what not. SO my humble request would be not to blame anyone in any circumstances.

Thread was started only to see what would be the impact of CNG (only mileage related) on City 2010 and its was diverted to if CNG is good or not.

Come on guys I can answer by quoting every single reply provided by every poster in this thread but the thing is it will be useless and why useless because I am running on CNG and I am pretty satisfied and when I will tell you the latest mileage figures on CNG, you guys will be surprised too.

Now the fact is that I have already put CNG ab marzi meri k may CNG per chalaoon ya petrol py. Jis ko chalani hay petrol per wo chalae aur jis ko nahi wo na chalay. Is liye I would appreciate k discussion should remain in that circle only.

Bilal, thanks for the video but I was expecting same typo video which was posted in the start of the thread. like you reset the trip and then start making a video, I wanna see k if one can reach 21km/l in 10 minutes or so. You provided the video when I guess you reached the end point of your trip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright guys, I am wondering what to say after reading huge huge replies sent by Bilal and Ahsan. I never thought that my thread will turn around to be such a fantastic debate competition. far and against thingy. Anyways. I read all the lines and was thinking if they are being used to start leg pulling or what not. SO my humble request would be not to blame anyone in any circumstances.

Thread was started only to see what would be the impact of CNG (only mileage related) on City 2010 and its was diverted to if CNG is good or not.

Come on guys I can answer by quoting every single reply provided by every poster in this thread but the thing is it will be useless and why useless because I am running on CNG and I am pretty satisfied and when I will tell you the latest mileage figures on CNG, you guys will be surprised too.

Now the fact is that I have already put CNG ab marzi meri k may CNG per chalaoon ya petrol py. Jis ko chalani hay petrol per wo chalae aur jis ko nahi wo na chalay. Is liye I would appreciate k discussion should remain in that circle only.

Bilal, thanks for the video but I was expecting same typo video which was posted in the start of the thread. like you reset the trip and then start making a video, I wanna see k if one can reach 21km/l in 10 minutes or so. You provided the video when I guess you reached the end point of your trip.
    This implies the same thing, but I have made that video too.. I think it took about 10 or 12 minutes to reach 22 KM/L. (yes, in my case it was 22, not 21)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, that is what we are actually discussing. And this is something I'm trying to point out in my every long response.

You guys first wrote that the 21 Kilometers per hour is only for a few miles may be and then it comes back to 16 or 17.

You wrote:
    You have to provide the video showing 21km/l on your own vehicle, else please do not reply on this thread I request (no offense). So get the video first because I wont believe that you are getting 21km/l so make me happy.
    ... and..
    when the tank goes to half, have you literally able to see that figure? You will never because it will only show you around 16 or 17km/l though you are driving the car in the same way which you did on the full refill.
    The video above really answers this point.

The point was that should one really put CNG? Does City really need CNG.. yeh point tha hamara sir.
    Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -72376 Installed CNG in my CIty 2010 -72377

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers