Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Brothers today I drove from Islamabad till Risalpur Academy and when I was shocked at the average it gave me. The speed was about 100 or 110. Sometimes even 90. The average was between 90 - 110.

The average also includes the distance driven inside the city. I reset my odo meter in Gulzar-e-Quaid and took the pictures in Risalpur.

What do you think?

P.S: I have not changed engine oil, air filter, or oil filter in the last 5000 kilometers.

P.S 2: It was filled with ordinary petrol. NO HIGH-OCTANE. Normal fuel bought for 75.20/Liter. Air Conditioner was not running. I turned it on a few times but not for long (I was driving at night so didn't need it). There were two people in the car including the driver. Rims and Tyres were factory default.

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80872 My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80873

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get it recorded in guiness world book

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lush bhai.... ap ki to aishhh hai.... enjoy the petrol ride ,..... my current trip meter only shows 8.6 ... with a trip of 40kms
    Dont Work Hard, Work Smart...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my civic 1.8 gives 19-21 km/liter on highways...with 90-130km/h speed variance...on 215/45/R17 tire profile...it consumes 20 liters between lahore to multan or vice versa....
    on CNG i reached multan from lahore in Rs.900 of gas...wid one point remaining when i reached home in multan...both are with AC on...so thats what we call efficiency...lol....

i-vtec comes into action on highways i guess....btw i get 11-13 km per liter on patrol in city....n thats cool too.....
    Drivin Benzez...with no benifits....
    Not bad..huh..for some imigrants..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The new and even the older city (IDSI one) give very good averages when driven on Gt road from speeds between 90-105Km/Hrs. Keeping the RPM under 3000.
    When u drive the same car on Motorway at speeds of 120 the average is all messed up.

Believe me or not My city 2005 model went to Lahore from Gt road (Almost 307Kms) with 4 ppl in it and trunk all filled up in Rs737. At that time fuel/litre was @ Rs53. Meaning that my ride consumed 13.90 Liters of fuel and giving me an economy of 22 Kms/Liter. But all this without AC as it was in winters.
    Sheheryar 0321-9555888 (Team Dubai Autos Racing)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw...it depends immensely how u drive the car....u put heavy foot n petrol will end in fewer miles......i once emptied my 40 liters of petrol in 160km i guess on motorway..travelling from lhr to isloo...maintaining speed between 170-190km/h...well we touched 200 twice...on honda 1.8...at night...a year back...thats was quite wild n immature....be polite to ur ride n it will reward u back :p
    Drivin Benzez...with no benifits....
    Not bad..huh..for some imigrants..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations. It is very much possible to get this kind of milage on new city
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    i dont believe in this digital crap
    fill the tank till full
    travel
    fill it again same way
    then calculate avg.
    Its the same old habbit of Pakwheelers. They don't read before responding:

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I once filled up my tank to top in Peshawar, and refilled it after exiting from the Islamabad interchange. It 'hardly' got 600 rupees of Petrol in it. That turned out to be about 20.8 Kilometers per liter, but it was the same reading, the same value on the consumption meter. So I really trust my trip computer pretty much.

Its average just keeps getting better all by its self. I don't know whats happening. When I bought it, it hardly gave me 18 - 19 kpl. It increased to 20, then 20.5, then 21.5 and today it was almost unbelievable.

Also, people don't get these 'readings' (even if we assume they are not accurate) in their cars generally. Getting the reading should at least imply its doing better than other cars.

Another way to verify this is to see the 'range' tab. That really cuts the accuracy down to a very tangible level as you can tell how much more kilometers your car will do with the remaining fuel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Is this what you call a ''World Record''..?
    You should look at the subject of the thread once again. I call it "My world record"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    @bilal,
    (After many days you show your presence.)

Broh I just felt bad, very bad in that CNG wali thread. No body agreed and people felt as I am a sort of hate monger and rude, in spite of the fact that I tried to be as peaceful as possible. I kind of lost all taste for Pakwheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    we share too much on such average, but not possible at my end. My car original ODO is at 9000+ and max: got average is 17.4 km/l on M1
    This should get better with time. I don't know whats happening, but my car's average seems to get better all by itself. When I bought it, its average was 18-19 kpl. It just keeps getting better (like I wrote in the above response).

A couple of months ago I decided to make a world record and drove as slow as possible. I drove between 70 and 90. That day I very difficultly got 20 Kpl.

Yesterday I was like, forget the average man just drive normally. I kept the speed between 90 - 110. Average being 100 km/h. I didn't even have the AVG tab in front of me, rather the Trip tab was in front of me. I just switched to see what average it was giving and I was amazed! 22.8! I was shocked actually. I had only put 1000 rupees of petrol from Pindi and here I have made a trip to nowshera once again (Rwp - Peshawar - Nowshera - Back to Peshawar) and I haven't refilled the car yet.

The reason why you aren't getting these averages could be because you're car will start showing optimal fuel efficiency after 10,000. May be 12,000. This is what happened with me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    1.8 Civic gives us 15 on highway. BEAT THAT!

Where as santro gives us 15 on highway too

Its not what car u drive, it is HOW you drive.

Beat what? we're talking about 23 Kpl here? You're already beaten

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    For any fuel consumption measurement to hold true, the following must be followed:

The tires should be the original factory size so that there is no induced speedometer/odometer error. (A smaller than stock diameter tire will make more revolutions per mile and make one think that the car has travelled more than it actually has caused a erroneous calculation of goo consumption. Larger than stock tires will have less revolutions per mile and thus cause an artificially high fuel consumption, all other things being equal.)

The tank should be filled at the start and the trip odometer zeroed. The tank should be filled at the end and odometer reading noted.

The difference in the two odometer readings divided by the fuel used is the consumption.

Ideally, this step should be repeated under identical trips to get an average.

Anything less than this process is unlikely to be robust.
    I do have factory tires, but this test can be proved wrong as soon as we realize that the tyres and rimes that are provided with the same car (honda city 09 onwards) in other countries are 15" from Factory. Which I assume is bigger than ours.

Regarding filling the tank. At the end of the journey: Like I wrote I did try that once some time ago and it gave about the same average that the trip calculator was showing. That experiment was just to verify the trip calculator. However this above reading that I posted was just a random catch, really. I had no intension of getting the best average of all times yesterday. Infact, the plan was rather to drive without thinking about the average the car is giving. And I just randomly got that average. Therefore it wasn't possible to perform the other two tests this time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys this avg is pretty much possible especially considering the fact that speed between 90-100 yields the best possible avg. My cruisetronic gave me 13km/ltr on motorway with A/C on and speed varying between 120-160 (avg 130) therefore I am pretty sure city can give around 20km/ltr easily

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way the fuel I filled up was NOT High-Octane! It was normal sada petrol I got for Rs. 75.20/L. AC was not running. I turned it on like may be once or twice. (I was travelling at night so didn't need it). There was me and one other person in the car. And the trunk did have some luggage but it was not too much, nor too less.

Within city I get up to 16 Kilometers per liter easily. I never go above 60 Km/h within city. If I have to break, I'll rather slow down from a distance by leaving the accelerator.

There are lot of such practices which can help us get this average. Like..

1. Accelerate slowly. You don't have to go from 0 to 100 in 10 seconds. You can do that in 5 minutes and save alot of fuel.

2. According to the manual: Drive in the highest possible gear. This helps within the city and of course on the freeway we're always on the highest gear.

3. Early Shifting: Instead of being a moron and making the car cry by shifting at 4 and 5 thousand revolutions,
    rather shift it between 2 - 3 RPM. This reduces the acceleration time but its good for average.

4. Get the car washed (before you want to make a world record). I read in the manual that the mud or dirt that gets stuck under the car puts a lot of difference in the fuel average. I don't know how, but I'm sure it does.

5. Some people say changing the Air filter periodically helps.. well I'm yet to find out. The above reading I posted was actually with Air filter not changed in the last 10,000 Kilometers, and oil/oil filter not changed in the last 5000 kilometers. I changed all the three today. Lets see what happens when I go back.

6. Avoid breaks as much as possible. Break means loss of energy, a lot of energy. For example you're reaching the toll plaza. You don't have to hit the break right when you're entering the lane. Slow down. When the speed limit indicator on the road says 50, make sure you're actually driving on 50. That limit seems to be unrealistic as every one is going really fast, but it helps.

7. If you have to come to 50 from 100, don't do that by pressing breaks, do that by releasing the accelerator, it will come to 50 soon, but you'll save a lot of energy that you could have wasted by hitting breaks.

8. Avoid AC. I feel pretty uneasy with AC. I wish city had a sun roof. Sometimes, the Air outside is very pleasant as compared to the Air Conditioned environment of the car.

9. Leave the Engine's tuning to the factory defaults for as long as it is possible. Don't get it tuned unless its absolutely necessary.

These are some of the things I can think of. Honda City is the best thing that ever happened to me

People here saying they can get 19-21 in Civic (1.8) are probably doing superb. I was assuming my extra ordinary average was because the engine is small, just 1.3L. But now I think its because of the i-vtec technology.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My City's average

I get 19-19.5 km/l locally with AC on mine. I do not exceed 60 km/h usually.

- Usman
    ...success takes time, persistence, determination, and most importantly, believing in yourself

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wrote: A smaller than stock diameter tire will make more revolutions per mile and make one think that the car has travelled more than it actually has caused a erroneous calculation of good consumption. Larger than stock tires will have less revolutions per mile and thus cause an artificially high fuel consumption, all other things being equal.)

You wrote:
    I do have factory tires, but this test can be proved wrong as soon as we realize that the tyres and rimes that are provided with the same car (honda city 09 onwards) in other countries are 15" from Factory. Which I assume is bigger than ours.
    First of all, what I am stating is a simple fact of physical science. There is no way around it.

Secondly, I am talking about the overall diameter. If the "rim" size is increased, the tire sidewall can be reduced to keep the overall diameter the same. This is called "plus sizing".

Thirdly, even if other markets have a different rolling assembly that has a bigger or smaller diameter, then the speedometer is recalibrated to keep it within the usually allowed 3-5% error allowed.

Lastly, please note that I am not contesting your claim. I am just pointing out what the proper way to measure fuel consumption actually is. Anything less than simply is not robust. It may still be true but it cannot be scientifically trustworthy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanamjad82 View Post
    I get 19-19.5 km/l locally with AC on mine. I do not exceed 60 km/h usually.

- Usman
    Excellent! I can get that average too if I have to drive on the express way, but by the time I go into smaller roads and streets, the average is completely devastated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    I wrote: A smaller than stock diameter tire will make more revolutions per mile and make one think that the car has travelled more than it actually has caused a erroneous calculation of good consumption. Larger than stock tires will have less revolutions per mile and thus cause an artificially high fuel consumption, all other things being equal.)

You wrote:

First of all, what I am stating is a simple fact of physical science. There is no way around it.

Secondly, I am talking about the overall diameter. If the "rim" size is increased, the tire sidewall can be reduced to keep the overall diameter the same. This is called "plus sizing".

Thirdly, even if other markets have a different rolling assembly that has a bigger or smaller diameter, then the speedometer is recalibrated to keep it within the usually allowed 3-5% error allowed.

Lastly, please note that I am not contesting your claim. I am just pointing out what the proper way to measure fuel consumption actually is. Anything less than simply is not robust. It may still be true but it cannot be scientifically trustworthy.
    You're absolutely right. But I have one more confusion. I mean the logic is perfect, and its absolutely acceptable to me too that smaller tyres/rims obviously make more revolutions. What I am confused about is how come the smaller (or larger) tyres don't put any impact on the speedometer? I had an Alto, and its tyres were bigger than the factory tyres. It had 14" tires I think and factory ones are 12". But I calculated its speed with GPS and it was 99% the same as shown on the speedometer. I won't say 100% because the speed on GPS updates after a second or two, but in the car its real time. That's why GPS wasn't able to catchup with the speedometer.

Anyways, if this is such a small impact on the speedometer, its even smaller on the odometer and the trip calculator, right? So this difference can probably be neglected.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my car too give this avrage which bilal getting i will post pics soon stay tuned
    Just because you're friendly doesn't mean you're insincere Of course..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw... city idsi did 26.4km/ltr in a test somewhere in the world...so urs is NOT a record
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You're absolutely right. But I have one more confusion. I mean the logic is perfect, and its absolutely acceptable to me too that smaller tyres/rims obviously make more revolutions. What I am confused about is how come the smaller (or larger) tyres don't put any impact on the speedometer? I had an Alto, and its tyres were bigger than the factory tyres. It had 14" tires I think and factory ones are 12". But I calculated its speed with GPS and it was 99% the same as shown on the speedometer. I won't say 100% because the speed on GPS updates after a second or two, but in the car its real time. That's why GPS wasn't able to catchup with the speedometer.

Anyways, if this is such a small impact on the speedometer, its even smaller on the odometer and the trip calculator, right? So this difference can probably be neglected.
    That is because the profile of sidewall must ve been decreased accordingly to keep the overall diameter or tire plus rim same as that with 12inch rim...

see,

my city had 165/80/r13 as stock size
    i changed them to 185/65/r14 (or 185/70/r13)
    the over all diameter or rim plus tire remains the same so the speedo is accurate or has very little error... max acceptable error is 3% btw...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List