Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Brothers today I drove from Islamabad till Risalpur Academy and when I was shocked at the average it gave me. The speed was about 100 or 110. Sometimes even 90. The average was between 90 - 110.

The average also includes the distance driven inside the city. I reset my odo meter in Gulzar-e-Quaid and took the pictures in Risalpur.

What do you think?

P.S: I have not changed engine oil, air filter, or oil filter in the last 5000 kilometers.

P.S 2: It was filled with ordinary petrol. NO HIGH-OCTANE. Normal fuel bought for 75.20/Liter. Air Conditioner was not running. I turned it on a few times but not for long (I was driving at night so didn't need it). There were two people in the car including the driver. Rims and Tyres were factory default.

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80872 My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80873

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur one lucky guy all i can say our City is averaging around 7 8kms/liter we sold our lancer as it use to gave 9 10 but this car is even worse
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by docaam View Post
    You are not getting the point., the distance for traveling is the length of the road not the displacement, do you travel from khi to isb in a straight line or on the road LOL.......and the car you are following is the old one i am talking about the one in the video. I guess just forget it.

Its not 770kms, get it right its 987kms with another 200km of fuel in the tank. Tank was sealed. Toyota/Lexus has tried it twice to do this journey and failed. City can never travel 987kms or even 770 on a stock full tank, I will be surprised if it will touch 700 with AC, city and highway driving.
    If the car can do 22.8 K/L without AC, it should surely do 20 with AC. Remember our roads are extremely uneven. The average we got was with the roads that have many up streams and down streams. I presume the desert will be more even than this. 20 k/l should be easy with AC at 100 Kph (with nice roads).

So, 41 Liters is the stock tank capacity. That makes it about 820 Kilometers (20x41).

For the other 200 kilometers, you can probably keep a metal gas can in the trunk of your car that easily caries another 5 gallon (19 liters) to give you another 380 Kilometers. Your total range becomes 820 + 380 = 1200 Kilometers. Total fuel consumed would be 60 liters. If you don't want to do that, you get your car bi-fueled and buy yourself another 200 kilometers by filling up the CNG tank. So with CNG + Petrol you get yourself a good 1020 kilometers. Or with a gas can + CNG you can get yourself a good 1400 kilometers without having to find a gas station.

However in the prior case, you burn more than twice the fuel and travel about 1000 kilometers. I DO understand the fact that there is a massive difference between the engine capacities etc and all that. I know. I'm making this clear because there are a lot of intellectual people here on this site who don't follow the discussion and jump in with their not so valuable comments.

My point is that what matter is the fuel you consume with the distance you travel. Not the number of times you've refueled your car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuncha View Post
    lastly what i have noticed is that there is a lot of difference between filling stations, with the needle at the same place i.e. EMPTY(E) i have seen a difference of around 4 liters over 43 liters of total fuel, now this is a lot, hence what i do is i have a fixed fuel station, and fill the fuel to the brink, i.e. its visible and remains there for at least a couple of min with the car stationary. this gives me the most accurate average.
    This is definitely one of the things I have noticed so many times. Specially the PSO guys on Kashmir highway are 100% thieves. I once had my car almost empty because I thought I'll refill before entering the motorway. I generally get my car topped but I don't know, just randomly I thought lets put 1000 rupees of petrol in this and see how much the needle climbs.

For 1000 Rupees, it climbed about 3.5 lines (those small lines with the fuel needle). Later I put 1000 rupees of Petrol again in my car from the PSO in front of the Islamabad Air Port. I had heard from some friends that they have seen the team which verifies the amount of fuel per liter a particular fuel pump is putting in cars, many times at that station. When I put 1000 rupees of petrol from them, the needle climbed by 4.5 dots (or lines, whatever they are). And the needle was showing the tank as *almost half*.

Another thing that matters is the octane number. The normal petrol (non-high-octane one) too should have a reasonable amount of octane in it. This also probably deffer from gas station to gas station. Some have very dirty fuel, some have a relatively better one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    If the car can do 22.8 K/L without AC, it should surely do 20 with AC. Remember our roads are extremely uneven. The average we got was with roads you have many up streams and down streams. I presume the desert will be more even than this. 20 k/l should be easy with AC at 100 Kph (with nice roads).

So, 41 Liters is the stock tank capacity. That makes it about 820 Kilometers (20x41).

For the other 200 kilometers, you can probably keep a metal gas can in the trunk of your car that easily caries another 5 gallon (19 liters) to give you another 380 Kilometers. Your total range becomes 820 + 380 = 1200 Kilometers. Total fuel consumed would be 60 liters. If you don't want to do that, you get your car bi-fueled and buy yourself another 200 kilometers by filling up the CNG tank. So with CNG + Petrol you get yourself a good 1020 kilometers. Or with a gas can + CNG you can get yourself a good 1400 kilometers without having to find a gas station.

However in the prior case, you burn more than twice the fuel and travel about 1000 kilometers. I DO understand the fact that there is a massive difference between the engine capacities etc and all that. I know. I'm making this clear because there are a lot of intellectual people here on this site who don't follow the discussion and jump in with their not so valuable comments.

My point is that what matter is the fuel you consume with the distance you travel. Not the number of times you've refueled your car.
    A car driven for 100kms and gives 22.8km/l is very much different then a car (more weight and engine not comparable at all) driven for 1000km with stops, city driving and other things. The RON is different in pak and here, which you would know the fuel here burns faster as well.

frankly what you mention looks good on paper only, keeping this ... keeping that...sorry not practical and a spare can CNG will adds weight as well

Number of times the car is refueled totally goes with the number of kms covered as that's the perfect way of measuring how much fuel is consumed.

I have taken 9.2l/100km out of my G35 on full tanks and driving on highways not on 100km but on 140km/hr, but thats was just for a one tank. One average you rest the meter while driving on highways and check before stopping its a much different reading then resetting is and drive for the whole tank under different condition ( dirving, parking, stopping)
    11 G37s | 72 240z

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How can this be accurate when:

1. Sometimes the guys filling the car keep filling it even after it has auto-stopped.
    2. Sometimes they do stop at the point where it automatically stops.
    3. Automatic stop of the fuel is not always accurate. Its very subjective.
    4. Manually filling it beyond the auto-stop point is also not accurate. There could be a difference of up to 5 liters with that.
    Leave everything aside.Go to a petrol pump, ask them to fill the tank upto the point where petrol will start dripping outside.now u are 100% sure the u have the maximum amount of fuel is ur car. right?

now note the meter reading and start driving.after like 200 or 300 km or where ever u get a petrol station, stop again, get outside, stand by the side of the guy filling ur cars tank and ask him to fill upto the point where it starts dripping outside.now see how many liters of fuel u got. divide this number by the number of kilometers done and there u go... u have the most accurate fuel mileage, atleast as closest to accurate as u can get.

i used this method.filled my city idsi's fuel tank from multan, drove all the way to sargodha which is 290kms.then again filled the tank, got 16 liters. this means 290/16 = 18.125km per liter.

thats how simple it is.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    ur one lucky guy all i can say our City is averaging around 7 8kms/liter we sold our lancer as it use to gave 9 10 but this car is even worse
    Theres sumthing seriously wrong with your car.even a civic gives more then that in local driving with ac.if urs is a new one, wait until it reaches 5000kms and the mileage will improve ... hell... whom am i telling this u already know much better then me.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    Leave everything aside.Go to a petrol pump, ask them to fill the tank upto the point where petrol will start dripping outside.now u are 100% sure the u have the maximum amount of fuel is ur car. right?

now note the meter reading and start driving.after like 200 or 300 km or where ever u get a petrol station, stop again, get outside, stand by the side of the guy filling ur cars tank and ask him to fill upto the point where it starts dripping outside.now see how many liters of fuel u got. divide this number by the number of kilometers done and there u go... u have the most accurate fuel mileage, atleast as closest to accurate as u can get.

i used this method.filled my city idsi's fuel tank from multan, drove all the way to sargodha which is 290kms.then again filled the tank, got 16 liters. this means 290/16 = 18.125km per liter.

thats how simple it is.
    Yes, but there always will be a different of the amount of octane in both the fuels (you're driving in Pakistan) plus you never know which fuel was more dirtier. The mileage depends a lot on both of these factors. Another beautiful thing about Pakistani fuel pumps (regardless of Shell or PSO or whichever big fuel-selling company it is) there is always a difference of the amount of petrol you get in one liter according to their scale. Sometimes the difference is huge. If you keep testing different fuel pumps you'll immediately know the difference. These things can again make the calculation very different and inaccurate.

But actually I did do that a while ago. Back when my ODO was at about 10,000 KMs. I filled the tank to top in Peshawar, and re filled the tank in Rawalpindi, and my car got about 600 rupees of Petrol.

Lekin back then I also remember the reading on the trip calculator turned out to be 97% close to the mileage I got by calculating again. I guess both figures were around 20.5.

From there onwards, I developed a good trust on the trip calculator.

Basically, the trip calculator 'knows' how much fuel is being burnt. So if you start your car when its on a down stream and you have the hand break pulled, its going to show 0 Kpl. Don't put it in gear and don't gas it, just release the hand break. Now it compares the 'movement' with the 'fuel being burnt' (even if its idle) and shows you the kpl.

This to me seems to be a very sophisticated system. Also the fact that they have put this in a car should imply that it really is accurate. There is no other gauge in the car which they have put which could be inaccurate. I am sure a car company always thinks twice before putting something which has a chance of being inaccurate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, but there always will be a different of the amount of octane in both the fuels (you're driving in Pakistan) plus you never know which fuel was more dirtier. The mileage depends a lot on both of these factors. Another beautiful thing about Pakistani fuel pumps (regardless of Shell or PSO or whichever big fuel-selling company it is) there is always a difference of the amount of petrol you get in one liter according to their scale. Sometimes the difference is huge. If you keep testing different fuel pumps you'll immediately know the difference. These things can again make the calculation very different and inaccurate.
    Well in that case im afraid we ll never get to know the accurate mileage.No matter which ever method you use, even the car doesnt know whats the quality of fuel its using.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

World record eh?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well in that case im afraid we ll never get to know the accurate mileage.No matter which ever method you use, even the car doesnt know whats the quality of fuel its using.
    i kind of agree to you.

to the OP....these trip meters are accurate if you run on the full gas tank on normal driving.
    do these tests and you will know your car mileage

1. reset the trip and avg meter fill the tank to full drive around like normal driving highway, city etc. Fill it again just rest the trip meter and then on the third fill check the avg that's your real avg, if you do that please posts pics

2. reset the avg meter, start the car and let it run idle for 10 mins or so, see the avg it must be half then what you are saying.

3. go on a highway as you said then reset the meters and see just before finishing the motorway it will be higher, maybe close to you said but thats not the avg
    11 G37s | 72 240z

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But actually I did do that a while ago. Back when my ODO was at about 10,000 KMs. I filled the tank to top in Peshawar, and re filled the tank in Rawalpindi, and my car got about 600 rupees of Petrol.

Lekin back then I also remember the reading on the trip calculator turned out to be 97% close to the mileage I got by calculating again. I guess both figures were around 20.5.

From there onwards, I developed a good trust on the trip calculator.

Basically, the trip calculator 'knows' how much fuel is being burnt. So if you start your car when its on a down stream and you have the hand break pulled, its going to show 0 Kpl. Don't put it in gear and don't gas it, just release the hand break. Now it compares the 'movement' with the 'fuel being burnt' (even if its idle) and shows you the kpl.

This to me seems to be a very sophisticated system. Also the fact that they have put this in a car should imply that it really is accurate. There is no other gauge in the car which they have put which could be inaccurate. I am sure a car company always thinks twice before putting something which has a chance of being inaccurate.
    I have written this a good couple of times in this same thread that I have done the alternate suggestion of calculating fuel average. But we keep getting things like:

. reset the trip and avg meter fill the tank to full drive around like normal driving highway etc. etc.
    The official system installed in the car is the way to know the accurate mileage and there is no way to prove it wrong. We started of the whole discussion based on an assumption.

If fuel consumption calculator in the car is making a calculation based on the same amount/quality/source of fuel, then it is definitely the most accurate one. Refilling, driving and refilling again will show an average too. But I personally feel it is not as accurate as what the latest and greatest technology does for us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i kind of agree to you.

to the OP....these trip meters are accurate if you run on the full gas tank on normal driving.
    do these tests and you will know your car mileage

1. reset the trip and avg meter fill the tank to full drive around like normal driving highway, city etc. Fill it again just rest the trip meter and then on the third fill check the avg that's your real avg, if you do that please posts pics

2. reset the avg meter, start the car and let it run idle for 10 mins or so, see the avg it must be half then what you are saying.

3. go on a highway as you said then reset the meters and see just before finishing the motorway it will be higher, maybe close to you said but thats not the avg
    1. When you reset the trip meter the third time (in your first point) you don't get the average of all three trips, you get the average of only the last one.

2. No.

3. We are talking about the fuel consumption on the highway here. We are not talking about the fuel consumption average of the life time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. When you reset the trip meter the third time (in your first point) you don't get the average of all three trips, you get the average of only the last one.
    LOL.....there is no system in any car which resets itself, you will get the whole avg

the rest you have to try to know, if you dont then upto you.

Usual forum rule is you argue/discuss if you know that other person has valid point and you know that either both of you will agree on similar point or will agree to disagree, here it looks like you need to see the reality so no point in discussing with you.
    11 G37s | 72 240z

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @ahmed

bro got the first oil change @3k kms there is a bit improvement.Thinking of taking it to highway for somedays hopefully will improve as practiced same wth our 2.0D and results were very impressive 680kms MashaAllah in a Tank
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL.....there is no system in any car which resets itself, you will get the whole avg

the rest you have to try to know, if you dont then upto you.

Usual forum rule is you argue/discuss if you know that other person has valid point and you know that either both of you will agree on similar point or will agree to disagree, here it looks like you need to see the reality so no point in discussing with you.
    Whats the point in resetting the odo meter three times and getting the last average at the first place? It so non-nonsensical.

I mean are you following the discussion? We're talking about the average on the highway, what's confusing about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BilalYusrat

That's great average you are getting. I have a 96 Civic exi running on petrol. After experimenting with different highway speeds, I settled on 90-100 on the motorway which gave me an average of 17km/l with AC. I went to Islamabad last week and this was the average I was getting with the AC turned on throughout. I verified it again while coming back. The maximum that I have ever gotten is 18.4 km/l without AC in winter.

Driving between 90-100 in top gear, shifting at lower RPMS and feathering the pedal lightly really helps improve highway mileage.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro got the first oil change @3k kms there is a bit improvement.Thinking of taking it to highway for somedays hopefully will improve as practiced same wth our 2.0D and results were very impressive 680kms MashaAllah in a Tank
    680 Kilometers in a tank, i-e 13.3 KPL?

That's pretty low, isn't it, while diesel is expensive than petrol too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel View Post
    BilalYusrat

That's great average you are getting. I have a 96 Civic exi running on petrol. After experimenting with different highway speeds, I settled on 90-100 on the motorway which gave me an average of 17km/l with AC. I went to Islamabad last week and this was the average I was getting with the AC turned on throughout. I verified it again while coming back. The maximum that I have ever gotten is 18.4 km/l without AC in winter.

Driving between 90-100 in top gear, shifting at lower RPMS and feathering the pedal lightly really helps improve highway mileage.
    You see, if 96 civic can give 17 - 18 kpl, I do not understand whats to unbelievable about the 2009/2010 City i-vtec giving 22 or 23 KPL.

I mean mostly people here seem to not accept this. Things like "the real test is actually another way." or "trip calculators aren't accurate." etc, shouldn't matter.

People who aren't getting better averages should actually check up with a good mechanic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was right. True mileage of any car will come after 5000kms atleast. my city idsi gave 11km/ltr for the first 4000kms but then slowly improved to 14-15km/ltr. so drive around for some time and then check again.i hope it will improve.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

huh... digital mileage calculators win, i quit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List