Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09.

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Brothers today I drove from Islamabad till Risalpur Academy and when I was shocked at the average it gave me. The speed was about 100 or 110. Sometimes even 90. The average was between 90 - 110.

The average also includes the distance driven inside the city. I reset my odo meter in Gulzar-e-Quaid and took the pictures in Risalpur.

What do you think?

P.S: I have not changed engine oil, air filter, or oil filter in the last 5000 kilometers.

P.S 2: It was filled with ordinary petrol. NO HIGH-OCTANE. Normal fuel bought for 75.20/Liter. Air Conditioner was not running. I turned it on a few times but not for long (I was driving at night so didn't need it). There were two people in the car including the driver. Rims and Tyres were factory default.

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80872 My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09 -80873

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    huh... digital mileage calculators win, i quit!
    You know Ahmed, you were saying that we should refill and then calculate the milage.. let me tell you what happend with me on the day when the prices of the petrol were reduced.

I was in Peshawar. My university walaz called me for some paper work so I was here for a week. Meanwhile the petrol prices dropped by 6 rupees. My car was almost empty, and I had this feeling that they won't be selling petrol but I went out anyway. I stopped at one fuel station (Attock Petroleum or something).

They said we can only give you 150 rupees of petrol. Not more than that. And the prices will be old one. I said ok please make it at least 200 so that I can at least complete my trip. He said ok.

When I went out of that, the 'range' of the fuel didn't increase even by an inch. I was like.. may be something's wrong with the car's gauge. I went ahead, and on the Peshawar - Nowshera road, I found another fuel station. I told him to put 500 rupees of petrol (because I thought it will at least show some change). He filled in. And within a few minutes I realized the needle didn't move an inch.

I was pretty sure by now that there was something wrong with the car and it wasn't showing the remaining fuel. But I wasn't really worried because I knew it was in warranty and I could always show it to the Honda guys back in Peshawar. So I turned the AC on and everything and grabbed a better speed (with the feeling that I do have fuel, the car is only not showing it).

But when I was in Nowshera, I started to get worried. Why does the need 'drop' if it didn't rise. I said ok, let me now get the car topped, and I'll ask him to fill unless the petrols starts over flowing.

They did, they filled in about 2200 rupees of Petrol until it started falling out. I turned the switch on, zzuuuup, the needle went right over the top to "F" (Full).

Here I realized that the other too guys I stopped with were actually thieves. They just turned the motor on and did not put anything in the car. This way I had lost 700 rupees right away because they didn't put anything in the car and took the money.

Yeh sara waqaiya bilkul as it is hoa hai. Koi namak mirch masala nahi add kiya maine. Ab aap imagine karo, how can you rely your mileage on 'refilling.' There will always be a huge difference in the scale of 'one liter' for each fuel pump.

Kiya khiyal hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not bad and i was excited to see 24 mpg avg on my trip comp.
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by toofast View Post
    Not bad and i was excited to see 24 mpg avg on my trip comp.
    Which car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its possible,
    I don't have its exact knowledge,
    but i have heard City2001, gave 200+ km on highway on one full 50k CNG cylinder,(don't know its rite or wrong)
    but Honda is far better in fuel economy as compared to other cars
    Always remember, the best things in life are not things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    Which car?
    v6 Lexus Es
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All i have to say for your instance is that these needle guages are ridiculously inaccurate. may be they put lesser fuel then what you paid for but im sure the theft would be on less then 10% cuz they dont want to get caught....

when i checked the mileage of my car, when i was driving from multan to sargodha.for the first more then 100kms, the needle didnt move 1mm, but in the next 190kms, it dropped significantly.theres a reason behind it.the mechanism which calculates the remaining fuel is a mechainical device which isnt very accurate. heres a link to it, check this out.

HowStuffWorks "How Fuel Gauges Work"

go through all the pages n u will understand what im talking about...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    All i have to say for your instance is that these needle guages are ridiculously inaccurate. may be they put lesser fuel then what you paid for but im sure the theft would be on less then 10% cuz they dont want to get caught....

when i checked the mileage of my car, when i was driving from multan to sargodha.for the first more then 100kms, the needle didnt move 1mm, but in the next 190kms, it dropped significantly.theres a reason behind it.the mechanism which calculates the remaining fuel is a mechainical device which isnt very accurate. heres a link to it, check this out.

HowStuffWorks "How Fuel Gauges Work"

go through all the pages n u will understand what im talking about...
    If you will your car to top, the gauge won't fall unless you've consumed 4 or 5 liters. The reason is the 'filling to top' in our cases only happens when the petrol starts to over flow. However, it should actually happen when the fuel pump stops itself.

This is the reason your needle didn't fall in the first couple of kilometers (this number could be up to 100 Kms).

My case was opposite. My car's tank was almost empty. And the addition of even a liter would change the 'range' as well as lift the needle. My tank gets topped for about 2200 to 2300 rupees mostly. And for 1000 rupees, it goes from empty to half (with old petrol rates). It NEVER happens that I put fuel in my car and the needle doesn't move. If they did put petrol in the car, the needle must have moved at least 1 millimeter. Then there is a 'range' calculator that tells you how many more kilometers you can go in the available fuel. This gets effective even if I put petrol with a dropper in the car.

The petrol walaz really did not put any thing in it. Absolutely nothing. Because this is the only occasion in which this happened. If I have to agree that they could have done a hera phairi of 10% of fuel, then it implies the car did have about 700 rupees of fuel in it. If I topped the car again, it would have hardly got 1300 - 1400 rupees of fuel. It didn't, it got 2300 rupees of petrol. This also implies they didn't put anything.

So relying on these guys that fill in from one point, and then refill again to see the mileage is very inaccurate (at least as long as you are in Pakistan).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Breaking the "world record of fuel economy" on my Gli 2010 ;p

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09. - GetAttachment

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Sheikh View Post
    Breaking the "world record of fuel economy" on my Gli 2010 ;p

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09. - GetAttachment
    wow.. that was a very dangerous maneuver.

Bad news friend: We all know GLi has two trip calculators.

While I assume you will not be replying to this thread again, here is my part of the 'proof' that both the screenshots were actually of the same event:

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later that people may object the screen shots. Contrary to my assumption, it didn't happen. But since I did make the video (to be on the safe side) I am posting it now.

What you need to do (to break this record -- in GLi) is to make a video of shifting the trip calculators so that we can see both of them.

GLi's engine is under powered. Therefore you need more gas to produce a performance equivalent to Honda City.

The funny thing is that you didn't realize that it is obviously not possible to have that average at a trip of almost 2000 kilometers. And you still wrote "me breaking the world record" (paraphrase) :p

Second problem is Gli is heavier. Even if it did have an engine as efficient, latest, and powerful as Honda City, it would still need more fuel to pull of a performance similar to Honda City (because City is lighter).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MOD EDIT: Comments removed.
    Always remember, the best things in life are not things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MOD EDIT: Comments removed.
    -i m da g@me no way u can play me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Bilalyusrat
    I beleive that most of us are here to spend some time for relaxing. None of us wud want this forum to be as dry as a maths class...my post included a smiley, particularly this one -> [:p]. Assuming that u dont know wht this means let me make myself clear. This smiley is sticking one's tongue out of the mouth, as in , "just kidding" everyone here knows Gli's average cannot exceed 13km/l
    I'm not here for a city/corolla battle, i beleive its one's own preferences in deciding wht car to buy...
    i just replied in a sarcastic manner to the "world record" thread...if u didn't understand that...i feel sorry fr the one who'll have to spend a whole lifetime with u

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Bilalyusrat
    I beleive that most of us are here to spend some time for relaxing. None of us wud want this forum to be as dry as a maths class...my post included a smiley, particularly this one -> [:p]. Assuming that u dont know wht this means let me make myself clear. This smiley is sticking one's tongue out of the mouth, as in , "just kidding" everyone here knows Gli's average cannot exceed 13km/l
    I'm not here for a city/corolla battle, i beleive its one's own preferences in deciding wht car to buy...
    i just replied in a sarcastic manner to the "world record" thread...if u didn't understand that...i feel sorry fr the one who'll have to spend a whole lifetime with u
    Broh which line of mine seems to be rude in my comment?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Bilalyusrat
    And I am actually buying a GLi myself in a day or two (most probably today). Where did I make this comment look like a base for Toyota/Honda fight?

This is very frustrating. People on Pakwheels get offended so easily. You just tell them anything about anything else, and they will get confused all to hell and take a completely different meaning from the apparent one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please restrict your comments to the ISSUE being discussed and not the PERSONS.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not bad i managed to get 18 km max and one of my friend got 22 km @ the speed of 80

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Brothers today I drove from Islamabad till Risalpur Academy and when I was shocked at the average it gave me. The speed was about 100 or 110. Sometimes even 90. The average was between 90 - 110.

The average also includes the distance driven inside the city. I reset my odo meter in Gulzar-e-Quaid and took the pictures in Risalpur.

What do you think?

P.S: I have not changed engine oil, air filter, or oil filter in the last 5000 kilometers.

P.S 2: It was filled with ordinary petrol. NO HIGH-OCTANE. Normal fuel bought for 75.20/Liter. Air Conditioner was not running. I turned it on a few times but not for long (I was driving at night so didn't need it). There were two people in the car including the driver. Rims and Tyres were factory default.

My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09. - 80872 My world record of Fuel Economy in Honda City 09. - 80873
    -

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its good but not the best,a friend got 25km/l on the same city
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline_Drift_Master View Post
    Trip computers aren't 100% accurate, best off working out yourself. My vectra gave me 63miles per gallon in a round trip of 480 miles in one day. I worked it out after filling it to full tank, it was 47mpg so the trip computer was wrong
    +1
    There are reports of the new City's fuel consumption average not being accurate and giving pretty false readings. Secondly, unless you calculate it manually, you really cant be sure. Driving habits/pattern can be very useful resulting into excellent average. Here are few tips which most of us already know:
    ~ Keeping speed upto 100KM/hr and RPM upto 3000RPM
    ~ Not using the AC or sparingly
    ~ Using stock or close to stock size (low rolling resistance) tyres
    ~ Using OEM wheels but lightweight alloy rims with correct offset are better
    ~ Correct alignment/balancing of wheels (may have some impact)
    ~ Keeping the car light enough during trips
    ~ NGK/Denso Iridium spark plugs
    ~ Keeping the injectors and fuel system clean
    ~ Always use petrol from a reputable pump being sure of better quality
    ~ Keep the car cruising at a constant speed/RPM and avoid braking, sudden acceleration/deceleration and hard cornering

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And of course, with max payload and throttle at military power (afterburners), you wont last long even with external drop tanks or CFTs (if your ride has them)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one plz tell me what is the fuel consumption of Altis 1.6 in city, highway and motorway.

22. 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM

PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List