Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Comparison: Suzuki Swift & Honda city (2010)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Comparison: Suzuki Swift & Honda city (2010)

AoA Pakwheelers......m quite impressed from the shape of new suzuki swift & honda city....i m very much likin the agressive & futuristic looks of these cars....interior & xterior of new Swift is also quite impressive.... & 1.3litre Dohc engine producin 92hp with only 1040kgs is even more temptin....since now ive got my hands on both the new City & New Swift so thought to share a review for the fellow pakwheelers who are lookin for value for their money.... below r the pix of comparison:

Comparison Suzuki Swift & Honda city 2010 -88560

Now coming to the Engine:

Comparison Suzuki Swift & Honda city 2010 -88567

Swift: it has a 1.3litre dual overhead camshaft(DOHC) engine producin 92hp

City: it is equipped with 1.3litre iVTEC Single overhead camshaft(SOHC) engine producin 98hp

weight:

City: 1150 Kg
    Swift:1040 Kg

Odometer:

Comparison Suzuki Swift & Honda city 2010 -88574

City:It has a glowin meter with auto dimmer when headlights r switched on,its meter has a fuel average,Range & instantanious average indicator too

Swift: it has a normal odometer with 4 guages i.e Speed,RPM,fuel & engine's temrature guage,the only thing about the meter worth mentioning is that its brightness can be adjusted manually upto 4 levels

Comparison Suzuki Swift & Honda city 2010 -88581

Attached Images Attached Images  

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Considering the current scenario in Pakistan, i think price is a major factor here. 2 lacs is quite a reasonable amount. Though i love city but considering the price and compromising the boot i would go for city. Han one more thing, i am not sure if it can be converted to cng. i guess the technology is not there yet.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have seen couple of people running swift on cng and they were running great!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's very easy to compare everything on paper....all specs of two cars along with prices, driving pleasure etc, but one thing people often undervalue is the importance of a car's look and brand image - the prestige or the wow factor. One basic need a car serves is the increased importance you get in the eyes of your relatives, friends, neighbours etc when they see you owning a particular car. Deny it or not, it's there. And it's more so true in case of Pakistan, where status is everything. We can argue a lot, but our inner perception of any person is based on his perceived status in our mind, and the kind of car he owns is one major factor in shaping our perception of someone, even if we dun seem to know about it.

From that perspective, owning a brand new Honda city can not be compared with a Suzuki swift. People's perception change even when you tell you own a swift or a city. And the feeling is enhanced when they actually see you driving a city. And 2.5 lac is a relatively small amount to spend in order to gain that kind of image in the minds of your relatives, friends, neighbours and even strangers.

Come to think if it, we do everything in order to raise our standard of living and the people's perception about us. Buying a home or a car thus becomes an important decision for achieving that purpose as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khurem

I feel sorry for people with such sick thinking as I rate pleasure and performance more

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    @khurem

I feel sorry for people with such sick thinking as I rate pleasure and performance more
    I know, but that's the truth. Plus your definition of pleasure may be different from others as people who own a car don not get 'pleasure' just from driving a car, but also from the derived pleasure you get from appreciation you receive from people around you.

If I come to start giving examples here how people show this kind of appreciation and how they form a perception or image in thier mind, from someone's car, housing location, his own personality etc, this post will get really lengthy. We all love beauty, agree it or not, and thus its highly valued, it's as simple as that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some what u r right here people buy corollas for brand name,show off and wow factor.altough swift is a nice car but its brand image is not good
    Quote Originally Posted by khurem View Post
    It's very easy to compare everything on paper....all specs of two cars along with prices, driving pleasure etc, but one thing people often undervalue is the importance of a car's look and brand image - the prestige or the wow factor. One basic need a car serves is the increased importance you get in the eyes of your relatives, friends, neighbours etc when they see you owning a particular car. Deny it or not, it's there. And it's more so true in case of Pakistan, where status is everything. We can argue a lot, but our inner perception of any person is based on his perceived status in our mind, and the kind of car he owns is one major factor in shaping our perception of someone, even if we dun seem to know about it.

From that perspective, owning a brand new Honda city can not be compared with a Suzuki swift. People's perception change even when you tell you own a swift or a city. And the feeling is enhanced when they actually see you driving a city. And 2.5 lac is a relatively small amount to spend in order to gain that kind of image in the minds of your relatives, friends, neighbours and even strangers.

Come to think if it, we do everything in order to raise our standard of living and the people's perception about us. Buying a home or a car thus becomes an important decision for achieving that purpose as well.
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree swift is not having trunk but see it is having almost all features but still 2.5 lacs cheap than honda city..Both cars are very good car now its all upon your own choice.
    Aviation in not my hobby..... its my way of LIFE::::

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very informative.
    TOP GEAR wala comparison lag raha hai .
    "aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines"

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by em_omair View Post
    Very informative.
    TOP GEAR wala comparison lag raha hai .
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice one mate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparison b/w suzuki swift sport and mini copper done by fifth gear. In quite less price than mini, swift delivers the same performance.It is a must see:

YouTube - Fifth Gear - Suzuki Swift Sport vs. Mini Cooper

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurem View Post

I think that looks of swift are very cool(one of the best in hatches worldwide).

As for the people u mentioned, i think that inferiority complex is a very difficult condition to heal and for those having this condition it is not enough to have Honda, they should choose rolls royce,cadillac,Audi,BMW, ferrari,lexus etc etc.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    I think that looks of swift are very cool(one of the best in hatches worldwide).

As for the people u mentioned, i think that inferiority complex is a very difficult condition to heal and for those having this condition it is not enough to have Honda, they should choose rolls royce,cadillac,Audi,BMW, ferrari,lexus etc etc.
    +1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

swift is very liked by eurpeans and british people.its a major hit in europe and in middle east.
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ALL, i started this topic inorder to help the potential buyers but since many people cannot refrain from posting irrelevant replies therefore i request the mods to close this thread to avoid further arguments,as already,Vits,IST and many other cars have already been dragged in the topic,and thanx to all who appreciated the comparison...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

User Tag List