Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default support SITARA CITY CART ..in interest of Pakistan

hey guys ...
    we all have reservations regarding the shape of the sitara city cart ... totally made in pakistan ... it may not get common due to a variety of reasons ..

but let us at least support it ... coz the company has taken an initiative at least ... a lot of researc work has been done ...

Well Done HABIB MOTORS ... !!
    Who will guard the guards ... ?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i am not qualified enough to state how India has shown so much progress in the last 10-15 years.

It's for the Economists of Pakistan to find out.

Don't get agitated Mr. Spectra. PEACE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes thanx for calling peace.
    Let the economists do there work.
    I am a qualified management accountant BTW and have done some studies about india and pakistan auto industry as part of my qualification. So have some idea how things work there.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey can you throw some light on how the Auto Industry in India has become so competitive???

what has India done right?
    Is there something that something can be improved?

what is wrong with the Pakistani Auto Industry?

I will be grateful if you could enlighten me on it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very sad too see indian comments on their sites

Its clearly written that its not a CAR its a Cart.
    It's been a long journey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Y'know..."spectra" has a point!!...I'm thinkin'....
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@indica
    my analysis was about Pakistani auto industry and i made comparisons with Indian auto industry.
    The biggest difference in these two markets i the fact that Indians discourage imports big time, they always did, but until late 80's we had only imported cars and only one Pakistani assembled car.

Maturity comes with time and competition. Beleive me if u eliminate the effect of time (india being in industry for lonegr period) hypotheticaly and compare two countries on same time horizins. Pakistan is growing at a faster rate.

In simple words, what we have done is 20 years is way more then what india would have done with their abilities.

Also in such analysis. normalised figures are used, as population is also a very big difference. Exchange rates are also brought at a parity, all hypotheticaly but in a scientific way.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys!!...i didn't post the link to stir up a hornet's nest!!.Take all viewpoints in perspective!!.There are some nasty comments i have personally been subject here but i think of all the cool people here on this site and elsewhere in Pakistan and gorget about them.There are some good comments too.

And, 'spectra' i agree with your basic premise about the overload of info on indian cars.I welcome you to visit indian auto forums and post pics of cars in pakistan!.I'm sure you will face the same share of nasties as everywhere, but that should not deter you.'Hey, you never know' is the NY Lotto agency's motto!!.

As far as India and Pakistan, there never can be a comparison.Size always matters.Same is true for any other nation.In the end everything's a numbers game.And, who has the higher numbers??....

Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please excuse my typos.I have to get ready for work.Y'all have a peaveful night.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ach!.i MEANT 'peaceful' night...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

finaly we r talking

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Spectra,
    i feel u will be offered a 1 way ticket to Bombay pretty soon

LOL
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ SPECTRA

I Dont agree with your point that India has made huge strides in Auto Sector due to Govt. Policies of imposing huge import duties on foreign Cars.

The MARUTI-SUZUKI joint venture came around the year 1985.. before that there was Heavy Import Duties on foreign cars and ban on investors... the only option people had before MARUTI was the AMBASSADOR and the premier Padmini.

Believe me since independence "1947" to 1985 although there was Heavy Import Duties on Foreign Cars, Indians Progressed NO MORE than AMBASSADOR's and PREMIER PADMINI'S

It was only when the market was opened in 1990's during liberalization of the INDIAN ECONOMY; and when international Auto Giants Started setting up shops in India, that the local Companies got their act together....

Many multinationals like HYUNDAI, FIAT, FORD, GM, MERCEDES BENZ, SKODA, TOYOTA, DAEWOO, MITSHUISHI to name a few opened up porduction facilities in India, producing cars with 80-90% local cotent, thereby providing low cost and technologically superior and reliable cars which Indians never had access to.

PREMIER PADMINI could not face the intense heat of competion and became extinct.

New Local Players in the form of TATA MOTORS, MAHINDRA; Bike Makers like BAJAJ, TVS, KINETIC, LML joined the fray.

By intoducing execellent Value to customers in the form of
    Latest Styling,
    Latest Technology,
    Execellent Reliability,
    Execellent After Sales Support

these new auto players became dominant players in the Auto Market in India, even giving the foreign multinationals a run for their money.

So competition has in fact turned out to be a good thing for India not Protectionism by Govt. Policies.

So the opinion that India has made such huge strides in Auto Sector due to Protectionism by Govt. is Fallacious. In fact it is the Competition and the Enterprising Business Houses which are to be credited to have made this possible

[the only Govt. Policy which I would laud would be Govt. Staying away from giving Import duty reduction to Second hand Foreign Cars. Thus India never had a market for SECOND HAND foreign cars. I Thank Govt. for that]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here we go again.

u should visit Revo fan club forum. motownmadman has listed down 4 reasons of Indian supermacy. 3 of them are same as i am telling u.

Besides whatever u r mentioning as competetive advantages are recent developments, as u have mentioned yourself. India produced very few cars for themselves for like 35 years if u can recall,and those are xtinct according to you.
    I am talking about the time before maruti was introduced. 35 years is alot of time to get knowledge and become competetive. Think about it.
    India has large number and variety of customers, and is a lucrative market based on size only.
    Our Auto industry is not 35 years old yet. we were importing most of the time.
    Do keep this in mind. This is the main reason of
    Latest Styling,
    Latest Technology,
    Execellent Reliability,
    Execellent After Sales Support
    Coz big markets mean big competition. small markets are always a cartel in the beggining, so is the case of Pakistan.
    I am going home now, cant post. My kids are waiting for me

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr Spectra

you are talking of gaining knowledge for so long

but tell me which two companies gained SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE?????

[1] AMBASSADOR
    [2] PREMIER PADMINI

Premier Padmini No longer exists. Ambassador is almost on the verge of being extinct. Hindustan Motors (They Make the AMBASSADOR) does not produce any Indian Automobile other than the AMBASSADOR

All the other players responsible for the REVOLUTION of the Indian Auto Market are New Players...

TATA MOTORS had no experience of making Passenger Cars... it learnt on its own surprising the whole world

BIKE MAKERS BAJAJ, TVS, KINETIC, LML learnt from foreign Bike makers AFTER 1985 and now no longer are in JV with the foreign Bike Makers. They now produce their own bikes...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When i meant the 'size matters', i meant size of the market, and the indian market, being a large one is able to sustain development in new models and cost savings to customers.That DOES NOT mean the pak auto market is insignificant at all.However, there is no harm in knowing about other auto markets and models despite the overkill, atleast on my part!!.There is a lot going on in the indian auto market!!....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used word industry everywhere. Collective learning cannot b disregarded like this. Those 35 years helped u in making an industrial base. New manufacturers had lot of experiences from past. Now dont tell me experience is insignificant too.
    Prepartition manufacturing experience is not considered

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a complicated issue. When you talk about size and competition, then India's perfect contendor for comparison, size wise would be CHINA, not Pakistan. Taking that into account, both India and China have been Independent since late 1940s, and have more or less similar policies, in terms of Industrialization. Both had gotten alot of help from USSR, during the cold war, to develop their BASIC Industrial Infrastructure. Both had 5-Year Development Plans. Both had steady Governments, heavily backing the industrial process.

Both have similar demographics. Both India and China have 60% to 65% populations in rural area. Auto Industry wise, China is making 5 Million+ cars a year, while India has recently touched the 1 Million cars a year mark.

Pakistan, although had a very good start in 1960s, when Chrysler, Ford and Jeep were being assembled in Pakistan. Plus a local Motorbike maker Kohinoor was already making Motorbikes locally on their own in Pakistan in 1960s.

Believe it or not, Pakistan was ahead of South Korea in 1960s, but 1970s Nationalization and dirty politics have set Pakistan back alot.

The Arab Israeli War, and America's step away from Progressive Muslim countries, like Pakistan and Iran during 1970s, has also set back Pakistan. But now, after the 2001, the country is Seriously back on path of Industrialization after almost 30 Years of chaos, started in early 1970s (around time of Break away of Bangladesh).

Hopefully, this new trend in Industrialization would continue for a long time.

About Sitara. This just shows the DYNAMISM and entrepreneaurial spirit of Pakistanis, being REVIVED once more. This is the waking up process. Don't forget the Adam Motors, and TEIL's TMC group along with Toyota, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, etc. that are progressively making cars in Pakistan.

Toyota has recently announced to include Pakistan in IMV (Intenational Multipurpose Vehicle), project. That project basically includes Asian countries like, Thailand, Malasia, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, and other countries also like South Africa, and Argentina, where Toyota will diversify its local production for Global needs, moving away from Japan Based R&D to more localized input in designing and production of Toyota vehicles.

A good sign all in all.

Lets all hope for the best.

Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shueyb, you are right, their website is the best I've seen, not only for a Pakistani website, but many other International Auto Makers websites. Its analogous to showing a candle to the sun, when it comes to website. I hope they do the same with their product as well.

Abidsiddiqui Bhai, you are right, CDA, should definately consider the multi seater Golf Cart for the Tourists that visit Daman-e-Koh. I think currently they use some imported multiseater Golf Cart like vehicles.

Its an Excellent Golf Cart. It Should seriously be exported to Arab Countries, Europe and USA as a golf course ride.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

ifi
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what the hell is this?
    and you want ppl to support it?

yar dunya kahan say kahan puhunch gai hay or hum ye rehri numa cart pe sawari ker k label lagai "Four wheel made in pakistan"

do u ppl think it is some thing we should be proud of ? i think its shameful

is say behter hay aik rehri khared k ooper dalda k dabay seedhay ker k chat bana lain, huh

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reply By : spectra
    "i am not a blowhorn like u indians."

Me a blowhorn?!!...heh heh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List