3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ABS of new City 2010

I need to know, either new Honda City has Four Wheels ABS or only rear Wheels ABS? On their website its little confusing, there they mentioned Rear with ABS but when i visited their Showroom then said, it has Four Wheels ABS because ABS also applies on Four Wheels.

Please guide.

Thanks
    Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congratts

you will surely enjoy this car....better than any of its competent

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys correct me if i am wrong

so far what i have got is, that all the passenger cars come with Four Wheels ABS. Only light trucks come with Rear Wheels ABS which is to keep the car from skidding sideways

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALI have you got your city? It is 100% confirm all 4 wheels ABS.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@misteek
    you are absolutely right
    Digitalphotofreaks.com
    The Photography Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar i have booked it and they said they will deliver it by the end of August

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread has given me some hope...that City's ABS is not at just the rear wheels.The conflicting descriptions in various brochures is confusing. And ridiculous too. I talked to the gentleman at Honda Point regarding the wheels that this ABS is feeding but that conversation only added to the obscurity.

I am happy if the ABS is at all the four wheels. Or even if it is at the front only instead of being at the rear only.

But still I miss the high mount brake lamp in this car. No amount of words can justify the absence of this basic equipment which is now available even in Suzukis
    There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes Benz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sabiqoon View Post
    But still I miss the high mount brake lamp in this car. No amount of words can justify the absence of this basic equipment which is now available even in Suzukis
    High mount lamp is not a basic equpiment, the city brake lights are in much higher position so i don't thinks it needs.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    High mount lamp is not a basic equpiment, the city brake lights are in much higher position so i don't thinks it needs.
    You are right...high mount brake lamp may not be referred to as a basic equipment literally. But still it is not something like a reversing camera or a push button engine starter. By basic I meant high mount brake lamp is being supplied even in run-of-the-mill brands of cars these days.

And regardless of how high regular brake lamps are located, a high mount brake lamp is supposed to be an even higher brake lamp. Otherwise SUVs, for example, would stand disqualified to have high mount brake lamps since they (SUVs) have regular lamps already located at a higher level.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread has given me some hope...that City's ABS is not at just the rear wheels.The conflicting descriptions in various brochures is confusing. And ridiculous too. I talked to the gentleman at Honda Point regarding the wheels that this ABS is feeding but that conversation only added to the obscurity.

I am happy if the ABS is at all the four wheels. Or even if it is at the front only instead of being at the rear only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kazim View Post
    ALI have you got your city? It is 100% confirm all 4 wheels ABS.
    Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    guys correct me if i am wrong

so far what i have got is, that all the passenger cars come with Four Wheels ABS. Only light trucks come with Rear Wheels ABS which is to keep the car from skidding sideways
    This is from Honda PK website. The ABS is with rear drum breaks.

<table class="specTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="280"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" class="SpecSubTtlM">Brake</td> <td class="SpecSubTtlMM leftLine">Front</td> <td class="leftLine">DISK</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="SpecSubTtlMM leftLine">Rear with ABS</td> <td class="leftLine">DRUM</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ABS is the control system that can work to prevent lockup of the wheels through disc or drum brakes.

The important specification is whether the ABS is a 3 channel or 4 channel system.

A 3 channel ABS controls the front wheels individually, but treats both rear wheels as one, i.e. reducing braking pressure to both rear lines if either rear wheels locks up.

The 4 channel ABS control is better since it treats all four wheels independently for optimal braking performance.

Having said that, I have no idea what local cars have in Pakistan, but almost all newer cars have 4 channels systems internationally.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the simple solution could be:city owners break hard and if your front tyres skid then it means only rear drums are equiped with ABS
    plz try this with 2,3 cameras in different positions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldude11 View Post
    the simple solution could be:city owners break hard and if your front tyres skid then it means only rear drums are equiped with ABS
    plz try this with 2,3 cameras in different positions
    any1 tried that?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haven't tried that exactly but now that I drive this car myself, I have come to know that ABS is at the fronts disks. The brochure mis communicates this fact.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haven't tried that exactly but now that I drive this car myself, I have come to know that ABS is at the fronts disks. The brochure mis communicates this fact.
    do the rear wheels lock up in case of emergency braking?
    sir can u check it on some open roads please.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well i wud like to add few things here as per my humble knowledge (please correct me if i m wrong)

1. ABS does not mean that ur car wud never skid. when u brake in extreme emergency at high speed, all cars skid, ABS or not. the only thing ABS does is that it gives u the luxury to steer while braking. like in xli and old gli, when u brake and the car skids, doesnt matter wherever u turn the steering, the car will drift in the straight line. what ABS does is that it ensures that coefficient of friction remains less than 1, therefore it holds and leave the brakes at extremely fast speed the moment it senses that the car is going into the frictionless environment

2. front brakes being disc and rear being drum, or all 4 being disc just doest not matter for the car to be ABS or NON ABS. as long as the sensors are in all 4 wheels, its gud enough a brake.

3. the "activation of ABS" whenever u brake is again NOT a measure of a car's brake to be gud. rather, its the other way round. ABS is not supposed to be activated in daily driving, even under hard braking. the ABS of City is superb and only gets activated when u brake extremely hard, whereas in corolla Gli, ABS gets activated pretttyy soon the moment u brake even a lil bit hard. now this does NOT mean that gli has better brakes. it means that it still has crap brakes, cause as i said earlier in my post, when the ABS is activated, in reality, u still ARE skidding, rite ? but u r skiddin in a controlled manner. so i wud like to own a city and stop without using my ABS activation point in comparison to owning a gli and steering-while-skkidding

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    well i wud like to add few things here as per my humble knowledge (please correct me if i m wrong)

1. ABS does not mean that ur car wud never skid. when u brake in extreme emergency at high speed, all cars skid, ABS or not. the only thing ABS does is that it gives u the luxury to steer while braking. like in xli and old gli, when u brake and the car skids, doesnt matter wherever u turn the steering, the car will drift in the straight line. what ABS does is that it ensures that coefficient of friction remains less than 1, therefore it holds and leave the brakes at extremely fast speed the moment it senses that the car is going into the frictionless environment

2. front brakes being disc and rear being drum, or all 4 being disc just doest not matter for the car to be ABS or NON ABS. as long as the sensors are in all 4 wheels, its gud enough a brake.

3. the "activation of ABS" whenever u brake is again NOT a measure of a car's brake to be gud. rather, its the other way round. ABS is not supposed to be activated in daily driving, even under hard braking. the ABS of City is superb and only gets activated when u brake extremely hard, whereas in corolla Gli, ABS gets activated pretttyy soon the moment u brake even a lil bit hard. now this does NOT mean that gli has better brakes. it means that it still has crap brakes, cause as i said earlier in my post, when the ABS is activated, in reality, u still ARE skidding, rite ? but u r skiddin in a controlled manner. so i wud like to own a city and stop without using my ABS activation point in comparison to owning a gli and steering-while-skkidding
    A car with 4 wheels ABS is not supposed to skid. if its skidding either there is some problem with tires or ABS unit. Skidding means one or more than one tires have been locked resulting in skidding.

2nd query how come ABS is not supposed to be activated in daily driving. Yesterday a cycle wala just poped out from no where infront of me and I stamped the brakes and ABS kicked in with full force , at the same time I steered the car and thus Almighty Allah saved that guy n me too but later I chased him and beat him up. You know our bald roads which have got very less traction esp the old roads in cities so on that if ABS doesnt kick in car skids like skidding on snow.

Correct me if I am wrong but that is what my comprehension of the subject is.
    regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Car skids when the wheels get locked and are not rotating. ABS does not let that happen. (Anti-Lock braking system). If any or all of the tyres getting locked despite having an ABS, it means something is wrong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i believe the City has EBD as well. Doesn't make sense to have EBD without 4 wheel ABS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    A car with 4 wheels ABS is not supposed to skid. if its skidding either there is some problem with tires or ABS unit. Skidding means one or more than one tires have been locked resulting in skidding.

2nd query how come ABS is not supposed to be activated in daily driving. Yesterday a cycle wala just poped out from no where infront of me and I stamped the brakes and ABS kicked in with full force , at the same time I steered the car and thus Almighty Allah saved that guy n me too but later I chased him and beat him up. You know our bald roads which have got very less traction esp the old roads in cities so on that if ABS doesnt kick in car skids like skidding on snow.

Correct me if I am wrong but that is what my comprehension of the subject is.
    regards
    totally agreed with u . u r sayin the same thing as i m. i know, the term "skid" we refer to as when the tyre is LOCKED and is just moving along the surface of the road, and i know that ABS sensor doesnt let that happen. the point i wanted to emphasize in my post is that ppl think that ABS is a MIRACLE brake. like if a normal car stops in 50 meters at a particular speed, ABS car wud stop in 10....its not the case. i even read somewhere (if i m not wrong, on the launch of ABS in Civics some ten or so years ago) that in actual ABS takes MORE space to stop as compared to conventional stopping distance. once again, i totally agree and know the mechanics of ABS inside out.

abt activation of ABS in daily usage, u again took me wrong bro. activation of ABS depends upon many things. Road compound, wetness or dryness of the road, the amount of dust on the road, tyre compound. wat i said abt toyota brakes was that given the same road conditions at the same speed, if ABS is city is activated at lets assume pressure 100 (assume any unit for the force), gli's ABS wud get activated at pressure 75, means, ABS wud be activated unnecesarily. and YES ABS is supposed to act under severe braking on the cricket pitch-like shiny roads in pakistan. poor brakes kya karein

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dms664
    Bro, can you tell me when the ABS is activated in Honda City a thak thak sound come from front wheels? It looks like the ABS are stopping the wheels to lock. I have this annoying sound coming from my front wheels and I assume that there is problem with front wheels. Please tell if you have the same case?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List