Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buddy, please record the average yourself by measuring the amount of fuel consumed and the distance travelled, i find these figures a bit inaccurate.

3. 24-07-2010, 05:40 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    inappropriate post - self censureship

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    @BilalYusrat
    "AAM officials were present to measure the fuel level before and after the journey."
    I nowhere said that I traveled a certain amount of distance in one tank of gas.

What I wrote was:

Code:
    I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:
    Honda City iDSI was not equipped with a gas mileage display therefore things like verifying how much fuel was added to the car and how much it traveled was needed to be verified manually by human beings.

The needle that shows how much fuel is left 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

If the car has 1000 rupees of Petrol in it, and you add another 200 rupees of petrol, the needle doesn't move. It only moves when there is a drastic change in the reading its getting from the sensors in the fuel tank and the reading it has in its records.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RetardedBuddy View Post
    Buddy, please record the average yourself by measuring the amount of fuel consumed and the distance travelled, i find these figures a bit inaccurate.
    I had put 1000 rupees of Fuel from Peshawar. A little more than half of it is still in the tank. It would be absurd to do such a thing. The device put in it from the factory was put because they wanted people to use it.

These electronic fuel consumption calculators are what everyone is using. If you search for scan guage, its something that is being sold widely for calculating fuel average by professional hypermilers (people who have been interviewed by CNN and other news channels, authentic people).

If we are getting the similar device in our car from the factory, its as reliable as scan gauge being used by thousands of people around the world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator."

7. 24-07-2010, 06:15 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are absolutely wrong and mistaken.

Just read your own title:

26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

You are quoting a fuel consumption, but it isn't!

You are claiming an official record, but it isn't!

You are claiming a new world record, but it isn't!

That makes you either a fool or a liar, or both.

Yes but why didn't you answer my question?

9. 24-07-2010, 06:26 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because I do not argue with something that is patently unproven and hyperbole, not to mention very likely wrong.
    No.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I nowhere said that I traveled a certain amount of distance in one tank of gas.

What I wrote was:

Code:
    I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:
    Honda City iDSI was not equipped with a gas mileage display therefore things like verifying how much fuel was added to the car and how much it traveled was needed to be verified manually by human beings.

The needle that shows how much fuel is left 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again.

If the car has 1000 rupees of Petrol in it, and you add another 200 rupees of petrol, the needle doesn't move. It only moves when there is a drastic change in the reading its getting from the sensors in the fuel tank and the reading it has in its records.

one thing we should be clear out is that the on board mileage meter is never to be taken as absolute, where ever the fuel consumption is calculated its not based on this (abroad almost every vehicle has this), precisely calculated amount of fuel is poured into the tank and mileage is calculated, the best we can do to match this with is to brim your tank(wait 5 min for any back pressure to clear out), consume atleast 90% of the tank, do this over 3 times and take average.

this will give you a very good figure, secondly also over a straight line with constant speed check your speedo error with a gps based deice, to give you an idea honda civic reads 5% more.

yeah your mileage meter can be a good relative meter, but certainly not absolute.
    its all about power to weight ratio...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahahahahahahah

this i making me laugh uncontrolably

not because it is not possible but because this is insane.... well done

i must appreciate your madness of hypermiling... thumbs up for you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well bilal, if you kindly tell me how do you maintain your car and which parts do u use? like oil filter, air filter, engine oil etc? where do you get your car maintained from?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilalyusrat
    nice record but i will break ur record by my daewoo very soon ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuncha View Post
    one thing we should be clear out is that the on board mileage meter is never to be taken as absolute, where ever the fuel consumption is calculated its not based on this (abroad almost every vehicle has this), precisely calculated amount of fuel is poured into the tank and mileage is calculated, the best we can do to match this with is to brim your tank(wait 5 min for any back pressure to clear out), consume atleast 90% of the tank, do this over 3 times and take average.

this will give you a very good figure, secondly also over a straight line with constant speed check your speedo error with a gps based deice, to give you an idea honda civic reads 5% more.

yeah your mileage meter can be a good relative meter, but certainly not absolute.
    I believe you're missed out the comment you quoted to reply to.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    hahahahahahahahah

this i making me laugh uncontrolably

not because it is not possible but because this is insane.... well done

i must appreciate your madness of hypermiling... thumbs up for you
    You know I don't understand why people are having difficulty getting even 21.5 km/l (in new Honda City on Normal routine trips).

None of my friends has Honda City, and I don't know if Civic comes with consumption calculator as well. But I really want to try my hands on some other car to see if its my car or is it the driving habit.

People I've talked to tell me (Honda City owners) that they think its impossible.

An engineer at Honda (according to someone) would like to meet me about this.

If you don't touch your breaks and drive at a speed that doesn't ask you to touch your breaks again and again, then that's pretty much all you've need to know (even if you drive at higher speeds). Just anticipate road conditions and prevent unexpected breaking or acceleration. I think this is how I will sum up the whole hypermiling thread. That's all there is I think.

Whats your latest reading by the way?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilal
    Although it is hard to believe but if by any chance you have done your trip from peshawar to islamabad in 500Rs or less, then thats really awesome.

I am somehow reluctant to trust the mileage shown by the on-board gimmicks. Why dont you , just for the sake of an experiment, do what others have suggested. Fill up your tank, drive it, fill it up again and then see what kind of mileage you are getting.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deel_ee View Post
    @bilal
    Although it is hard to believe but if by any chance you have done your trip from peshawar to islamabad in 500Rs or less, then thats really awesome.

I am somehow reluctant to trust the mileage shown by the on-board gimmicks. Why dont you , just for the sake of an experiment, do what others have suggested. Fill up your tank, drive it, fill it up again and then see what kind of mileage you are getting.
    People, other people, start off with the assumption that I haven't done that.

When I bought the car, after two or three days I filled up the tank in Peshawar, and the average displayed in the car was 20.1 kpl or something by the time I reached Islamabad interchange.

I went towards the Peshawar road and filled up to the top once again. I got about 650 rupees of petrol in it.

From that day onwards, I realized the consumption meter is good enough to be trusted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL this just made me laugh its like you are saying that you totally believe in the system and is there any inaccuracy blame honda not me .

Well i totally believe that if one drives like you told in your thread he can save up alot of fuel. but how much that is also a debate. but thats for sure alot of fuel can be saved.

And plz dont bring CNG in this any where.
    when you bring CNG in it seems you are justifying your self for running your car on petrol and not choosing CNG.

and i have also started hypermilling after reading your post.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    LOL this just made me laugh its like you are saying that you totally believe in the system and is there any inaccuracy blame honda not me .

Well i totally believe that if one drives like you told in your thread he can save up alot of fuel. but how much that is also a debate. but thats for sure alot of fuel can be saved.

And plz dont bring CNG in this any where.
    when you bring CNG in it seems you are justifying your self for running your car on petrol and not choosing CNG.

and i have also started hypermilling after reading your post.
    I don't discourage CNG at all. My only reluctance to CNG is that the 'heart transplant' (installation of CNG kit) is VERY scary and risky too.

So people out there who have got good CNG kits running flawlessly and giving good averages are probably very lucky.

My only reluctance is the risky nature of CNG installation. I cannot afford to loose a car I bought out of my sweat. And by reading some really scary stories here of installation of CNG kits in brand new cars, I feel even more reluctant.

But I would want to save money as well. So I chose to drive more efficiently and probably get average that's close to CNG and keep myself safe from the risk.

So yea, I'm not at all 'against' CNG in anyway.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its very hard to believe but if its true then its truly awesome.Next time do check your own assumption
    Aunda Fan

22. 24-07-2010, 03:16 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    self control

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if this average is true then the name of city should be honda city hybrid .First ever hybrid in pakistan for only 12,60,000
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    with due apologies, i have been seeing ur petrol mileage threads each day. my only point to make here is that what is the use of having a nice car,when u cant rev it up beyond 2000 RPM and wanna get the consumption of a mehran on CNG ? i mean, u shudve better bought a mehran and run it freely as compared to watching ur foot every now and then. and this hypermilling thing, u suggested that we should let the car on neutral when the power is not required. now thats the silliest and the most dangerous thing a driver can do cause in case of sudden braking, he wont have any grip our it. ok we all know ur car does well on petrol, so just get over with it. u seem to be obsessed with this stuff. so cummon boss....leave it and go ahead. u didnt buy a 1.2 million car just to give u stupendous mileage "only". u r just wasting and missing the performance of a nice ivtec over there. i m not saying just go out racing, but we have enuf proof now that ur car is great on petrol. clapping. move on. break

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List