Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    //text removed since original post deleted//
    i m not even saying he is a choru. if he believes his car is doin this much and he is happy, thats awesome. but whats the use of making a new thread daily and trying to tell us something in which 90 percent of the ppl wont even be interested in. why ? because no 1...they dont have a city (i dont have one)..no 2....more than 90 percent of the ppl are on CNG....so u see......its just like "getting on the nerves" story here more than anything else

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very nice answer
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it's a world record when it is approved by officials, till then, it's a "claim".

still, if you even got HALF that i'd be impressed to be honest.

keep us updated.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From Karachi to hyderabad new city four ppl (including driver) the car gave us the ave: of 18km/Ltr. With A/C. speed 80 -90

on the way back to Karachi it was below 18km/ltr.

@Bilal: to me it can be possible with one pax Air conditioning after gaining the speed of 70 - 75 does not makes a difference as per my experiance.

will be leaving for Gujranwala after eid on my cultus (Non CNG since 2006) with 4 pax in total, will definatly share the entire trip with fuel expense.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    @poster
    with due apologies, i have been seeing ur petrol mileage threads each day. my only point to make here is that what is the use of having a nice car,when u cant rev it up beyond 2000 RPM and wanna get the consumption of a mehran on CNG ?
    A lot of people of this mentality are often to be found on Pakwheels.

Once there was a guy who said he wanted to fit CNG in Mark-X. I was going through the replies which were the same as yours. For instance:

"Mark X CNG station par kaicee lagay gi ?"
    "Mark X main CNG laganay sae behtar hay you buy a donkey cart"
    "Why don't you buy a Mehran or CD 70?" (CD 70 is my own addition, just to elaborate the point).

These statements are actually made by people who have probably never ridden any of those cars and are just sitting down in their pants trying to make obnoxious comments.

How can someone even say something like "Buy Mehran if you want to save fuel?"

Do you have any clue of the difference of drive/comfort/reliability/peace of mind/safety/pleasure? or are we just looking at the car based on the amount of money we spend on driving them?

I mean if goraaz in the west can put CNG in Hummer, why the heck do we have to be so stupid and unrealistic and say "oh Mark X main CNG na lagana bura lagay ga?."

Kia ho giya hai yar... Had ho gai cheap thinking ki?

What the heck is wrong in saving money in a car that's a lot more comfortable?

Aur phir this problem is only in our quam. People around the world are doing the best they can to save gas by being realistic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rev it up:

That's another moronic idea. Only emotionally immature people and morons would want to buy a car just to "rev it up."

In actuality, buying a comfortable car means making your daily journeys comfortable.. and if you can save money while doing that, its great?

Plus, its not just about saving money. There is always more than one reason. Its safe to drive slow. When you are slow you are in control of the car and you have 'time to decide' of unexpected situations. If you're under speed limit, you can save yourself from getting speed tickets.

and this hypermilling thing, u suggested that we should let the car on neutral when the power is not required. now thats the silliest and the most dangerous thing a driver can do cause in case of sudden braking, he wont have any grip our it.
    The root cause of all these overwhelmingly useful comments is that people don't follow a discussion.

They jump in the middle of the discussion and assume that the point they are going to make is going to rock the discussion. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

You see, if you had read the whole hypermiling topic, you must have realized that I wrote a good couple of times to go "slow" (below the speed limit, preferably 90).

When you're going at 120 Kph, you're travelling 1/3rd of a football field every second. Meaning you're covering a complete football field in every 3 seconds. So if anything comes in the range of your car that's about a 100 yards from you're car (the size of a football field) you're going to hit it.

If you're at 90, you're going to stop way before that?

If you had read the same article, you should have also seen that I mentioned (probably in bold) to look as FAR as you can as a hypermiler.

If you do follow all the steps, you're safe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Buy mehran if you want to save fuel.." what a thought provoking idea..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    i m not even saying he is a choru. if he believes his car is doin this much and he is happy, thats awesome. but whats the use of making a new thread daily and trying to tell us something in which 90 percent of the ppl wont even be interested in. why ? because no 1...they dont have a city (i dont have one)..no 2....more than 90 percent of the ppl are on CNG....so u see......its just like "getting on the nerves" story here more than anything else
    You shouldn't make conclusions on behalf of others. You are on CNG probably. That's good for yourself. There are a lot of People driving Honda City alone.

If you had read the Hypermiling thread, it had more than 40 replies I guess.. which means it was useful and readable.

Its the same thing as saying: "Whats the point in making a thread that shows someone how to: "DIY - Lexus LX470 / Toyota Land Cruiser 35k Service"?

99% People dont' have a Lexus LX470 on Pakwheels? Who the heck wants to service his toyota land cruiser himself?

Yeh to aicee baat kar rahy ho.

You are not interested, you don't make a comment. Its that easy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You ideas and their implementation is not practical. No one does the steps you mentioned (especially the 'shifting into neutral and cruising' part) in order to 'save money'. You are representative of less than 0.1% of the total drivers who would go to extremes to maximize fuel economy. Good for you!

For the rest of us, when we talk about fuel economy and mileage, we talk about normal everyday driving. We live in the world where a city doing 15km/ltr and a GLI doing 12km/ltr is considered exceptional. I hope you get my point.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aint that at a particular point....why dont you do a full tank and then travel a distance and then refil it agains...then see what you get.....thats the proper millage you will get
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^The only best way to observe the the fuel consumption.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    People, other people, start off with the assumption that I haven't done that.

When I bought the car, after two or three days I filled up the tank in Peshawar, and the average displayed in the car was 20.1 kpl or something by the time I reached Islamabad interchange.

I went towards the Peshawar road and filled up to the top once again. I got about 650 rupees of petrol in it.

From that day onwards, I realized the consumption meter is good enough to be trusted.
    Thats excellent fuel economy, dude

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    You ideas and their implementation is not practical. No one does the steps you mentioned (especially the 'shifting into neutral and cruising' part) in order to 'save money'. You are representative of less than 0.1% of the total drivers who would go to extremes to maximize fuel economy. Good for you!

For the rest of us, when we talk about fuel economy and mileage, we talk about normal everyday driving. We live in the world where a city doing 15km/ltr and a GLI doing 12km/ltr is considered exceptional. I hope you get my point.
    The problem is you haven't read anything and came up with your own very important comment which doesn't make any sense.

There are literally hundreds of websites running which only focus on getting the best milage one can get using these techniques. We Pakistanis (like everything else) have no clue of what this thing is and say its "not practical "

What the heck is not practical about saving fuel? Why should someone race up to the red light and hit breaks like morons? Why not reach that point without wasting extra fuel?

WHAT IS SO UNREALISTIC about saving fuel and driving intelligently, safely and efficiently?

Are you intelligent than all the memebers of:

CleanMPG.com
    Hypermiling.com
    FuelEconomy.gov
    hypermilingforum.com
    theautochannel.com
    greencarcongress.com
    edmunds.com/advice/fueleconomy/articles/120880/article.html
    ecomodder.com/forum/

Every single one of the above sites talks about hypermiling, costing, drafting, getting better miles per gallon?

Why are we so behind everything in every aspect?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@op
    with due respest to you and your car ,i am sorry to say that this stuff is not worth posting,and this isnt even the standard way to calculate fuel economy.no offence

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If saving fuel is you ultimate goal, why drive/buy a city?

Why not walk? Why not get a bicycle? Why not buy a >1000cc car? Why not buy a car and get it on CNG or LPG?

Maybe if you think hard you will get it. You want a good comfortable car of your choice and want to drive it on the fuel of your choice and then maximize the fuel average out of it. In simple sociology terms its akin to extremism and not everyone is into it. You point to hundreds of website but don't know how much the total world population is. What part of 'you are representative of less than 0.1% of the total drivers who would go to extremes to maximize fuel economy' you did not understand?

And maybe for you, 'normal everyday driving' means racing at green lights and what not but not for the rest of the population. For us normal driving means driving normally! I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand. I am certainly in no mood for teaching you the basics of driving normally. And yeah, when you talk about turning off the A/C, shifting into neutral on highways and drafting, this is not what we normal people focus on. Why? Because first its dangerous; I would not want to risk my life drafting behind a truck (which can immediately brake) just for saving a couple of hundred rupees per 1000km. Secondly, its not worth it. When we drive, we enjoy it, we enjoy the company and do not like taking additional tension of saving a few mls of petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    awrite...as u got it all wrong, then here is what i have to say. Alhamdulillah i have had the chance to drive u mite not even be able to ever dream abt, which includes Audi A6, A8,,BMW 7 series, BMW M3....and the list goes on..as far as owning the car is concerned, i m proud to be NOT driving a local assembled car. i need not mention this to u, but my dad twice offered to book cars for me, once a gli and once the car u r driving, but i had test driven them both (a friend of mine has both of them....one his and one his dad's), and i decided to stick with my platz. all i wanted to say was that just driving with lite pedal, the average of ur car being ur ONLY concern, always being in tension in making or breaking "world records" is insane...i never said driving sanely is a wrong thing...and i never said that u go ahead and race with someone...but as @mani also said above here, we calculate the averages on normal daily life driving. i can sadly say u r just wasting ur hard earned money (if the money is even urs in the first place).

and the way u were talking "These statements are actually made by people who have probably never ridden any of those cars and are just sitting down in their pants trying to make obnoxious comments", so now i have the rite answer as per ur mental level that "when u have the chance to even touch the cars which i have driven on Autobahn, get in touch with me"

bye son...peace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    If saving fuel is you ultimate goal, why drive/buy a city?

Why not walk? Why not get a bicycle? Why not buy a >1000cc car? Why not buy a car and get it on CNG or LPG?

Maybe if you think hard you will get it. You want a good comfortable car of your choice and want to drive it on the fuel of your choice and then maximize the fuel average out of it. In simple sociology terms its akin to extremism and not everyone is into it. You point to hundreds of website but don't know how much the total world population is. What part of 'you are representative of less than 0.1% of the total drivers who would go to extremes to maximize fuel economy' you did not understand?

And maybe for you, 'normal everyday driving' means racing at green lights and what not but not for the rest of the population. For us normal driving means driving normally! I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand. I am certainly in no mood for teaching you the basics of driving normally. And yeah, when you talk about turning off the A/C, shifting into neutral on highways and drafting, this is not what we normal people focus on. Why? Because first its dangerous; I would not want to risk my life drafting behind a truck (which can immediately brake) just for saving a couple of hundred rupees per 1000km. Secondly, its not worth it. When we drive, we enjoy it, we enjoy the company and do not like taking additional tension of saving a few mls of petrol.
    this is exactly what i said, but he is just a spoiled brat. by the way, his some of the posts on other thread indicates he is in PAF..and if this is the case, i m shocked to see ur level and depth of taking criticism

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani
    forget it....let him make further world records by keeping the car on idle and towing it with some donkey cart. that way it mite give him an average of 45 km/liter....lets go

afterall he is 483 days old in PW

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do this:

Fill up the tank in front of reliable witnesses and get the odometer reading noted. Put a wax seal on the fuel lid. Drive for at least 3/4 of the tank. Come back and get the seal broken. Fill up the tank. Note the fuel used and note the odometer reading again.

Your fuel economy is the odometer difference divided by the fuel used.

Until that happens, your claims are just hot air as far as truth is concerned.

I copy Chang!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    You know I don't understand why people are having difficulty getting even 21.5 km/l (in new Honda City on Normal routine trips).

None of my friends has Honda City, and I don't know if Civic comes with consumption calculator as well. But I really want to try my hands on some other car to see if its my car or is it the driving habit.

People I've talked to tell me (Honda City owners) that they think its impossible.

An engineer at Honda (according to someone) would like to meet me about this.

If you don't touch your breaks and drive at a speed that doesn't ask you to touch your breaks again and again, then that's pretty much all you've need to know (even if you drive at higher speeds). Just anticipate road conditions and prevent unexpected breaking or acceleration. I think this is how I will sum up the whole hypermiling thread. That's all there is I think.

Whats your latest reading by the way?

yaar i have to drive in very rough conditions and roads with speed brakers after every 500 meters, as i live in pindi...my current reading shows 11.9 kms/L... will tell you when i drive on m2

22. 24-07-2010, 09:09 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    useless comment

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List