Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    well bilal, if you kindly tell me how do you maintain your car and which parts do u use? like oil filter, air filter, engine oil etc? where do you get your car maintained from?

you didnt reply me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fact of the matter is, that the new city manages almost the same or maybe slightly better fuel average as other 1.3 Ltr engines out there.

As far as the onboard computer is concerned, and what fantastic figures it produces, I am sorry, but I have this:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -110903262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -110903
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't get it.

I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.
    thread title:

Honda City official world record broken!
    Am I missing out on something? I am not doubting or questioning anything, apart from your 2 over-lapping statements.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    If saving fuel is you ultimate goal, why drive/buy a city?

Why not walk? Why not get a bicycle? Why not buy a >1000cc car? Why not buy a car and get it on CNG or LPG?
    I am tired of writing one post thousands of times for people who don't read. I am not bound to write anything for someone who jumps in a discussion trying to sound scholarly thinking it will make their point prominent, so, here is the post that you should read before making any similar post:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...-2#post2319750

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by H4Cki1ic0us View Post
    I don't get it.

thread title:

Am I missing out on something? I am not doubting or questioning anything, apart from your 2 over-lapping statements.
    its simple

"officiall word record" broken but "unofficially"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KamranAslam View Post
    From Karachi to hyderabad new city four ppl (including driver) the car gave us the ave: of 18km/Ltr. With A/C. speed 80 -90

on the way back to Karachi it was below 18km/ltr.

@Bilal: to me it can be possible with one pax Air conditioning after gaining the speed of 70 - 75 does not makes a difference as per my experiance.

will be leaving for Gujranwala after eid on my cultus (Non CNG since 2006) with 4 pax in total, will definatly share the entire trip with fuel expense.
    I've heard that from Karachi to Hyderabad there is a strong wind resistance.

Also 4 people with Air Conditioner getting 18 kpl is still not bad. I think from Peshawar to Rawalpindi (or vice versa) there are many down and up streams. And there isn't huge wind resistance. Probably this is the reason I am able to get the mileage that I am getting.

But again there are a lot of people who travel on the same track and get around 19 kpl.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by malik593 View Post
    @op
    with due respest to you and your car ,i am sorry to say that this stuff is not worth posting,and this isnt even the standard way to calculate fuel economy.no offence
    There is a heading in bold/bigger size on the first post of this thread that has a lot for you to read in this regard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    I am tired of writing one post thousands of times for people who don't read. I am not bound to write anything for someone who jumps in a discussion trying to sound scholarly thinking it will make their point prominent, so, here is the post that you should read before making any similar post:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...-2#post2319750

be cool man...

you will be facing even harder moments when you get 30 kms/L using 80/20 or some othe ratio of super unleaded and high octane....
    just ignore such comments

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post

afterall he is 483 days old in PW
    what does this mean?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    it's a world record when it is approved by officials, till then, it's a "claim".

still, if you even got HALF that i'd be impressed to be honest.

keep us updated.
    The title says "Offical world record broken."

Suppose there are two guys, A and B.

'A' made a world record that was recognized officially.

B makes a record which equals the record of A but unofficially and tells his friends: "I broken A's official world record."

I think its plane English.

Also, not believing the mileage is actually a disease. I mean if the same guys (City owners) post mileage of city showing 17 or even 18, people would say Oh nice, that's good average.

But as soon as this goes above 21, every one comes up with "oh electornic calculators have this issue, oh basically your car has this issue.. oh why don't you buy a mehran?"

aiceee mujhe sharam aai idher kuch hazraat ki posts parh ke..

"Mehran le lo if you want to save fuel?" Koi sharam nahi mehsoos hoi idher kisi ko bhi ke yar yeh koi baat hai karne wali?

But yeh cheez shameful tab feel ho jab koi eik adh he banda ho is thinking ka. A good amount of people actually don't find this shameful at all. Really..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    afterall he is 483 days old in PW
    what does this mean?

I am assuming he was attempting to make a funny post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    The title says "Offical world record broken."

Suppose there are two guys, A and B.

'A' made a world record that was recognized officially.

B makes a record which equals the record of A but unofficially and tells his friends: "I broken A's official world record."

I think its plane English.

Also, not believing the mileage is actually a disease. I mean if the same guys (City owners) post mileage of city showing 17 or even 18, people would say Oh nice, that's good average.

But as soon as this goes above 21, every one comes up with "oh electornic calculators have this issue, oh basically your car has this issue.. oh why don't you buy a mehran?"

aiceee mujhe sharam aai idher kuch hazraat ki posts parh ke..

"Mehran le lo if you want to save fuel?" Koi sharam nahi mehsoos hoi idher kisi ko bhi ke yar yeh koi baat hai karne wali?

But yeh cheez shameful tab feel ho jab koi eik adh he banda ho is thinking ka. A good amount of people actually don't find this shameful at all. Really..

hahahahahaha

pakwheelers are genius people yaar...
    aik choti si baat samjhanay k liye itni lambi kahani lik di
    they all are teasing you i guess

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by accord7362 View Post
    Do this:

Fill up the tank in front of reliable witnesses and get the odometer reading noted. Put a wax seal on the fuel lid. Drive for at least 3/4 of the tank. Come back and get the seal broken. Fill up the tank. Note the fuel used and note the odometer reading again.

Your fuel economy is the odometer difference divided by the fuel used.

Until that happens, your claims are just hot air as far as truth is concerned.

I copy Chang!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ok Bilal
    this is the time for you to prove every one wrong

every second person going through this thread asks you to do do calculations manually...

if you are sure enough that your milage is close to the readings given by the gadget, then trying this is not a bad idea...
    you can atleast try one time

do it man

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol. Some of the replies really made me laugh. Its interesting how a discussion regarding fuel economy leads to people literally exhibiting no patience for each other whatsoever, showing off what they have driven and WHERE they have driven it. I mean come on guys, give OP a break. I really dont see whats wrong with trying to achieve good fuel consumption by driving efficiently, within limits so on and so forth. I agree most of us do not have patience to go to the limits that OP has went but If by doing so, he can save money, it aint really bad.

Purchasing a comfortable family sedan like city is a one time expenditure. Spending lots of money on fuel is an on-going expenditure that can be a burden for most of us if not all. I went to peshawar once on a civic and due to my driving habits, ended up spending more than 1300 rs of fuel. So if i need to travel on this route so often and everytime i can save 500-600 rs, whats wrong with that?

@OP
    You dont really have to justify your logic and point of view to everyone in each of your replies. And your hypermiling thread WAS useful. Whether or not id be able to do it is another debate but it was an interesting thread nevertheless. People make countless pointless threads on CIVIC VS COROLLA, i dont see why one would call your thread pointless.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I really don't see anything wrong for you to be obsessed with your gas mileage but claiming to be the record holder is little Coo Coo.
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deel_ee View Post
    lol. Some of the replies really made me laugh. Its interesting how a discussion regarding fuel economy leads to people literally exhibiting no patience for each other whatsoever, showing off what they have driven and WHERE they have driven it. I mean come on guys, give OP a break. I really dont see whats wrong with trying to achieve good fuel consumption by driving efficiently, within limits so on and so forth. I agree most of us do not have patience to go to the limits that OP has went but If by doing so, he can save money, it aint really bad.

Purchasing a comfortable family sedan like city is a one time expenditure. Spending lots of money on fuel is an on-going expenditure that can be a burden for most of us if not all. I went to peshawar once on a civic and due to my driving habits, ended up spending more than 1300 rs of fuel. So if i need to travel on this route so often and everytime i can save 500-600 rs, whats wrong with that?

@OP
    You dont really have to justify your logic and point of view to everyone in each of your replies. And your hypermiling thread WAS useful. Whether or not id be able to do it is another debate but it was an interesting thread nevertheless. People make countless pointless threads on CIVIC VS COROLLA, i dont see why one would call your thread pointless.

great reply mannn

keep with us to make pakwheelers understand

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i must say its amazing,but kinda impracticle in daily running of car,coz within city the roads are so crowded to ACTUALLy do all this hypermiling practice..plus we normally are always in a hurry to reach where we are heading,then the traffic horns,temperature conditions etc etc,there are so many things which would definitly keep most of us from acting so VERY WISELY in order to save some bucks... peace!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ this stuff is mostly for high ways man
    atleast i think

personally i try to keep the car on low rev/ high gear to save fuel
    i do it on my City
    i used to do it on my Cultus
    i wuld have done it on my FX aswell if i was old enuff to drive it back then

if this guy buys a Mehran like some ppl have said
    he can drive it like this aswell and save fuel
    or can rev it up and burn even more fuel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Collective response to most of the bandwidth-wasting comments:

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80
    with due apologies, i have been seeing ur petrol mileage threads each day. my only point to make here is that what is the use of having a nice car,when u cant rev it up beyond 2000 RPM and wanna get the consumption of a mehran on CNG ? i mean, u shudve better bought a mehran and run it freely as compared to watching ur foot every now and then.
    more than 90 percent of the ppl are on CNG....so u see
    Quote Originally Posted by malik
    @op
    with due respest to you and your car ,i am sorry to say that this stuff is not worth posting,and this isnt even the standard way to calculate fuel economy.no offence
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1
    If saving fuel is you ultimate goal, why drive/buy a city?

Why not walk? Why not get a bicycle? Why not buy a >1000cc car? Why not buy a car and get it on CNG or LPG?
    @poster
    awrite...as u got it all wrong, then here is what i have to say
    Quote Originally Posted by The-care-o-meter-guy
    As far as the onboard computer is concerned, and what fantastic figures it produces, I am sorry, but I have this.. care-o-meter image..
    262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -111089

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -111090

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -111091

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -111091

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -111092

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    ^ this stuff is mostly for high ways man
    atleast i think

personally i try to keep the car on low rev/ high gear to save fuel
    i do it on my City
    i used to do it on my Cultus
    i wuld have done it on my FX aswell if i was old enuff to drive it back then

if this guy buys a Mehran like some ppl have said
    he can drive it like this aswell and save fuel
    or can rev it up and burn even more fuel
    Exactly, that's exactly my point. Exactly!

It doesn't matter which car you drive. Just driving it efficiently saves gas. That's all we're talking about.

In fact you might say we're talking about "not waisting gas".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List